• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We have so far converted 600 pre-TN industries (yielding one point each of construction, mining and fuel refining) to 300 TN mines and 300 TN construction factories (each yielding 10 points of their particular specialty). The rate of conversion is accelerating as our construction capability grows, and I have started interspersing these builds with an occasional research lab, in an effort to speed up our lamentably slow research. Five years into the game, we are still researching our third tech (+20% to mining rate).

Late October, 1951.

We are getting a series of 5 second and 10 second interrupts, indicating that a battle is being fought somewhere in this sector of the Galaxy. Hopefully it's a long way away from us, rather than next door... but it looks like one of the nPRs has set off either the Precursors, the Swarm or another nPR. No interrupts longer than 10 seconds, so I suspect that it's either Precursors or Swarm (a battle between two nPRs would likely have some slower-firing weapons).

Maybe the Precursors and the Swarm are trying to exterminate each other? We live in hope...

OK, now we are getting 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 second chops. Obviously a major battle is being fought somewhere, involving everything from point defense to heavy ordinance. So it looks like an nPR has walked into an ambush by Precursors, Swarm or another nPR. I wish they'd get on with it... we've had hundreds of interrupts so far and they're still going at it hammer and tongs.

Fewer aliens for us to worry about, I suppose.

do you have any ideas that'll cause the game dev himself to re-apear to iron those out :D

Well... glad THAT'S over. Whatever it was. We have resumed full-length turns.

We are approaching the six-year mark and still have no chance of building space ships with our current tech (to put it mildly!), so to avoid losing most of our officers to the game's periodic purge of "unnecessary leaders", I am building a bunch of dummy "combat trainers" and assigning our leaders to them. As a side-benefit, they will really use them for training, and several of the officers should gain some skill.

EDIT: von Sachsen has insane 'leet skills, by the way. Simply nuts for this early in the game.

EDIT2: It's working! People are gaining skills by using those dummy (non-functional) "trainers". They are fighter-sized "ships" that can't actually fly and have no real weapons... just the control consoles and computer feedback for training.

Last edited:
I'll assign you a trainer until we have some actual ships.

Signing up for the research team. I will unlock the secrets of the zodiac for you, oh wise leader!

Signing up for the research team. I will unlock the secrets of the zodiac for you, oh wise leader!
Excellent! That fool of a Science Minister has no understanding of Astrology!

We have these five scientists available:

Missile / Kinetic : 25% bonus
Logistics / Ground Combat : 20% bonus
Energy Weapons : 15% bonus
Construction / Production : 15% bonus
Power and Propulsion : 5% bonus

All of them have a max command span of 20 Labs except the LG dude is 25... but of course we have less than 10 labs in total at this stage.

The CP guy is getting the most work at the moment (Mining and Construction research), later the PP guy will be the focus (ship's engines). Who do you want?

Avernite is researching Mining Production +20% with four labs. Each of our other four scientists has one lab apiece, mostly to help them gain skills. And that's all we've got so far... eight labs total.

Spawn more overlabs!
We're slowly (very, VERY slowly) building more Labs, in between production runs of construction factories and mines. We're sort of boot-strapping up to a space-going society.

Mid-August, 1952.

Less than four more months until "The Great Purge"... the game system gets rid of any officer you haven't used in six years. I've got more than 30 Trainers built, though, with more under construction. We shouldn't lose many leaders, perhaps none at all.

Another lengthy series of chops indicated that another long battle was fought somewhere, by somebody... the third in six years. By the time we finally break out of the Sol system into the Galaxy, there will be Precursors, Swarmlings and nPRs EVERYWHERE. And of course, we will be the lowest-tech race of any. We'll have to be careful...

* A resurrected Rommel appears!
Awaiting orders, Master.
Any favorite role in the game?

We have no ships yet... maybe ten more years.

EDIT: With three months remaining before "The Great Purge", we have managed to build enough Trainers for everyone! Hopefully we won't lose any officers at all.

I'm still amazed at von Sachsen's skills.

Two or three skills is typical. Five would be outstanding.

Rear Admiral von Sachsen:

Crew Training 200 (100 would be considered excellent)
Initiative 303 (200 would be considered good)
Fighter Combat +10%
Fighter Operations +10%
Xenology +15%
Diplomacy +25%
Communications +20%
Intel +20%