Augustus - Teaser #6 - 30th of July 2015

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Doomdark

Chief Creative Officer
Paradox Staff
61 Badges
Apr 3, 2000
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Roses
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
Elections and Technological Development are important parts of the game.

I'm chalking this one up for not-antiquity, yay!

Oh do tell me there is a hope that that is the case! All roads seemed to point to Rome... And I was not looking forward to it.

But the Rome supporters will counter, there was tech in Rome, and the Senate had elections...

Now you are finally starting to pique my interest with this. Sounds like it will most likely be post-WW2. But of course, this is teaser, and Paradox, that tends to be a sneaky combination and my gut tells me you will keep bombarding us with hints pointing to one direction, then announce the opposite.

Roman Republic.

Elections is a pretty big one FOR antiquity if you ask me. Technology could go either way, doesn't really point towards antiquity or ancient China for that matter but doesn't really takes either of them off the table as well.

This hint in itself however points pretty hard towards a modern era game with mostly peacetime, however the importance of terrain completely speaks against this.

SciFi is also definately not out of the question but still an outsider I guess.

At the very least, it rules out the Dark Ages/migration era. There were elections in some small parts of the world during antiquity, but the vast majority of playable factions in the broader antiquity game speculated about would have none, and technological development doesn't seem to me like it'd be an important aspect of that era either.

Oh do tell me there is a hope that that is the case! All roads seemed to point to Rome... And I was not looking forward to it.

But the Rome supporters will counter, there was tech in Rome, and the Senate had elections...
Eh yeah every era had technology, shame game designers always gets it confused with science. And rome during it's greatest expansion phase was a actually a republic.

Yup. Antiquity. EU: Rome had legislatures etc. that changed their support of you if you did not carry out their wishes (populists!). Technological Development happens in all Paradox games for sure, so that is just a teaser.

Now you are finally starting to pique my interest with this. Sounds like it will most likely be post-WW2. But of course, this is teaser, and Paradox, that tends to be a sneaky combination and my gut tells me you will keep bombarding us with hints pointing to one direction, then announce the opposite.

You know what game I loved from the late 80's? Balance of Power I'm surprised they even got such a game working on DOS

Yup. Antiquity. EU: Rome had legislatures etc. that changed their support of you if you did not carry out their wishes (populists!). Technological Development happens in all Paradox games for sure, so that is just a teaser.
Actually rome is classic period not ancient period. The death of alexander marks the transition.

So... Technological Development don't sounds like Dark Ages. The real development started after 1000. But of course technology was important during this era too... But technology was always important.

Elections... We had elections in Rome. But also in the Dark Ages. Many tribes elected their ruler.

vicky 3 ?

It's not a sequel... NO!

Actually rome is classic period not ancient period. The death of alexander marks the transition.
Never heard of that before. I mean, the Alexandrian campaigns, the Diadochi Wars, and the Pyrrhic War all happened and were all in relation to eachother. Haven't heard any argument that the death of Alexander marks a transition. Interesting.

Votes in Agriculture Sim? Ah, the pigs (who you cannot stab) get to vote on what feed they are given! It's so obvious now..

* Starting to think it is the Roman Republic.