Augustus - Teaser #1 - 23rd of July 2015

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
From an insider source I know the game is Fantasy Universalis, with fantasy kingdoms, race specific units, magic instead of technology, full random world and many other goodies. Insider source: my inner self.

They have 3 projects.

I think this is a new grand strategy series, maybe set in Roman times (because that is always requested).

The two others might be Victoria and a non-grand strategy.

I'm hoping for a cold war game (yes...) that does not dwell into extreme detail of weaponry, nukes etcetera, but instead focus on social changes, elections, economy etcetera. A cold war game that is 20% HOI, 70% Victoria and 10% CK.

One can hope, anyway.

All aboard the Hype Train!

I'm hoping for a cold war game (yes...) that does not dwell into extreme detail of weaponry, nukes etcetera, but instead focus on social changes, elections, economy etcetera. A cold war game that is 20% HOI, 70% Victoria and 10% CK.

One can hope, anyway.

I would love a detailed geopolitical and diplomacy sim - heck, even modern times would be fascinating.

I can't see it though.. Can't imagine how people would react on here if the objective was to not kill and conquer.

Will Ulm be in this IP?

I would love a detailed geopolitical and diplomacy sim - heck, even modern times would be fascinating.

I can't see it though.. Can't imagine how people would react on here if the objective was to not kill and conquer.
Indeed. I would love of military matters were automated and sidelined, in a manner similar to how HoI4 seems to do it, though going further than that. The gameplay itself focus on diplomacy and political bickering, trade agreements and alliances.

one may dream.

As much as I would like that this is another grand strategy game I highly doubt it is.I remember Paradox saying that modern time or cold war game are not going to happen any time soon, and I doubt ancient times or dark ages would be called major IP.So it's probably space game or maybe life sim game?

At least here in Eastern Sweden, weekday means all days.

I doubt the Finnish word for day of the week is "weekday". But in English, "weekday" mean Monday to Friday. English has no word for the word you are thinking of. That term is "day of the week".

Source.

Let this be a reminder that English is a silly language. German should have been the modern lingua franca.

As much as I would like that this is another grand strategy game I highly doubt it is.I remember Paradox saying that modern time or cold war game are not going to happen any time soon, and I doubt ancient times or dark ages would be called major IP.So it's probably space game or maybe life sim game?

Why couldn't ancient times be a major IP?