• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
He will be missed. I never really interacted with him but I did enjoy his AAR's on this forum. I did watch his stream a few times, but it was usually a bit too slow-paced for my taste. Nonetheless he knew what he was doing and seemed to have solutions for any situation imaginable which I find very impressive.

I had no idea about his health issues and it's sad to hear that he lost this battle. RIP.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Also I chose Burgundy for three reasons: One, this is where Current Belgium stands, where he was from, two because it felt interesting to reverse the meaning of Burgundian Inheritance given his PU guide here and three, as a "twist" to his too early demise, a destiny shared by Burgundy normally in gameplay, so the choice was done with some care to make sense given who Atwix was, a way to "cheat death" if you will

• 3Like
Reactions:
As someone who has been mostly lurking on this forum, and did not know Ivo or atwix except from his streams and guides, this still saddens me deeply. I had and have a lot of respect and admiration for the input he has delivered in this community and the lessons he has learned me about my favourite game. Rest in peace.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Thanks for letting us know.

For the rest, please everyone remember this is a public forum, assume whatever you post here will be read by his family and close friends, if not now than in a year or a decade from now. My condolences to them.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I rewatched his bingocard yesterday night and today. His nightbot commands. All those fond memories are coming back.

Rest in peace.

To give some reading stuff:
Guides:

AAR (in reverse order):

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
Atwix, we are as diminished by your passing as we were enriched by your living. Rest in peace mate. I promise to check who is heirless more often, now that you can no longer be* around to nag me about it yourself.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Rest in peace!

Biggest memory I have of him was him coaching me through my first world conquest run in the forum. His tips and feedback made me a much better player. Had some good talks with him and watched some of his streams. He'll be missed.

• 3Like
Reactions:
A true master of the craft, but beyond that, a classy and helpful human being.

I'll miss your stream, the theorycrafting, and your well intentioned advice.

• 6Like
Reactions:
As a true lover of the game he helped shift it into the right direction. Rest in peace, no one deserves to go away 42 years old.

• 2Like
Reactions:
damned, he did a stream 2 weeks ago ...
RIP, his guide to Royal Mariages was very useful.
Unfortunely it turned out to be his last, he did pretty good at the time, but guess it deteroited afterwards :( The guide is still usefull, assuming Paradox doesnt change all the core mechanics :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
I never post on these forum but i feel deeply saddened about this. I read and learnt a lot about PUs thanks to him and it made me a better player (still not great though). Mainly it made me stick to EU IV much longer than I would have otherwise and it helped me go through some hard times, and remained at my side through better time (my baby girl napping on me while I PU all of Europe surely is a good memory).

But this story also hits a special spot to me. A dear friend of mine was diagnosed with leukemia back in February. A young guy with his whole life to life. He underwent a transplant back in July and, so far, doctors are optimistic that it may have worked quite well and the outcome should be positive, but we still need to wait and see.

LIfe is precious and we should enjoy it much as we can, at all times.

Reste in peace.

• 6Like
Reactions:
I never post on these forum but i feel deeply saddened about this. I read and learnt a lot about PUs thanks to him and it made me a better player (still not great though). Mainly it made me stick to EU IV much longer than I would have otherwise and it helped me go through some hard times, and remained at my side through better time (my baby girl napping on me while I PU all of Europe surely is a good memory).

But this story also hits a special spot to me. A dear friend of mine was diagnosed with leukemia back in February. A young guy with his whole life to life. He underwent a transplant back in July and, so far, doctors are optimistic that it may have worked quite well and the outcome should be positive, but we still need to wait and see.

LIfe is precious and we should enjoy it much as we can, at all times.

Reste in peace.
I sure hope your friend gets a better lottery ticket than our dear atwix , best of luck to him <3

• 1Like
Reactions: