ATTENTION STREAMERS! EU4 Sabaton Music Can't Be Streamed!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MalinS

Queen of Pie
6 Badges
Jan 7, 2013
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • For the Motherland
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Hello everyone!
Together with the release of The Cossacks we also released a new music DLC - Europa Universalis IV: Sabaton Soundtrack! With this release, however cool, we need to share some additional info with our streamers!

Please note as this is a third party music pack, the content of it can’t be streamed or put on youtube. The reasons to why are long and tangled in the web of international copyright law, but the short version is that we do not own the content when it’s anywhere but in our game, and that includes videos of our games on other platforms. If you get the music DLC and want to make sure the music doesn’t show up when you stream, just de-select the music pack in the launcher.

The Legal document we’ve previously provided to dispute copyright claims on Youtube have been updated to accommodate this situation, and is available here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ntaining-paradox-interactive-material.671169/

Please note that if you get a copyright claim on your EU4 video for using Sabaton music we can’t help you, so please refrain from using the music in any video material.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience this might cause our streamers and their communities, but hope you will still enjoy the music pack!

UPDATED 17/02/17
Please note that this also includes Hearts of Iron IV: Sabaton Soundtrack Vol. II!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions:
I hope this will not become standard.

Right now, this is not a problem. There is a grand total of one (1) DLC to which "can not stream" applies. I'd rather not see that expand to 20, or worse, have it expand but also have quirks, like "can only be streamed on twitch"

Reactions:
I hope this will not become standard.

Right now, this is not a problem. There is a grand total of one (1) DLC to which "can not stream" applies. I'd rather not see that expand to 20, or worse, have it expand but also have quirks, like "can only be streamed on twitch"

Chillax mate! It's not like they would say "You can't stream eu4 + cossacks" :) And i'm quite sure they'll never restrict gameplay relevant features. :)

Reactions:
Chillax mate! It's not like they would say "You can't stream eu4 + cossacks" :) And i'm quite sure they'll never restrict gameplay relevant features. :)
just getting that in there now, before it's "too late"

Maybe the developers can add a button: block DLC which can not be streamed which you can press before the start of the game.

Reactions:
Maybe the developers can add a button: block DLC which can not be streamed which you can press before the start of the game.
Might be a good idea to not have people accidentally get themselves in trouble. Not everybody use the forums/use them frequently---even though they of course should check at least the streaming thread frequently if they stream.

Hello everyone!
Together with the release of The Cossacks we also released a new music DLC - Europa Universalis IV: Sabaton Soundtrack! With this release, however cool, we need to share some additional info with our streamers!

Please note as this is a third party music pack, the content of it can’t be streamed or put on youtube. The reasons to why are long and tangled in the web of international copyright law, but the short version is that we do not own the content when it’s anywhere but in our game, and that includes videos of our games on other platforms. If you get the music DLC and want to make sure the music doesn’t show up when you stream, just de-select the music pack in the launcher.

The Legal document we’ve previously provided to dispute copyright claims on Youtube have been updated to accommodate this situation, and is available here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ntaining-paradox-interactive-material.671169/

Please note that if you get a copyright claim on your EU4 video for using Sabaton music we can’t help you, so please refrain from using the music in any video material.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience this might cause our streamers and their communities, but hope you will still enjoy the music pack!

With such restrictions in place, I think it would be better to not have done a deal with Sabaton at all :(

Reactions:
With such restrictions in place, I think it would be better to not have done a deal with Sabaton at all :(
Sadly the deal is more likely the way it is in particular due to international IP law etc. I will note that there are plenty of unofficial videos of Sabaton music and in some cases the band has been vocal in saying that they thought the fan-made videos were awesome, they are still up on the site to this date. Though I am not sure if those videos are monetized.

As for the communist trying to understand how deals get made, no, Sabaton most likely did not have to pay lots of money to let Paradox sell DLC using their music :confused:.

Reactions:
its a new DLC Music kinda Scandinavian its new DLC songs uploaded on steam
Oh new music DLC; what game is it for? (EU4 I would guess.)

Working on an answer :). The person in charge hasn't arrive in the office yet but I'll update you as soon as I know more.

Reactions: