• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very impressive to take out the entirety of Europe without Russian help. :p
My main spot of luck was that the CoF decided to move its entire armoured force south along the Atlantic coast, which allowed me to encircle them, some 30 divisions worth of armour if I remember correct. I was fully prepared to fight a long defensive campaign across with counterattacks, encirclements, sea and air landings all across Iberia, but the whole issue kind of solved itself by that one bad move made by the AI.

Third American Republic: Europe in 1949
Third American Republic: Europe in 1949

ZirD1Dx.png

Europe in 1949 is much like the continent after the Fall of Rome. The Hordes of Barbarity destroyed everything in their path, and it required another destruction of everything to drive them back into the Pits of Hell from which they came. From Britain to Ukraine, from France to Estonia, there is nothing but ash, blood, rubble and the foul stench of death. Slowly but surely, the people would come out of their hiding to find everything destroyed. Reconstruction would be slow. Whilst Britain could count on massive Canadian aid, and Portugal had American aid whilst they were built up as the beachhead on the continent, everywhere else would have to depend on her own power to get back up on her feet. Italy, far away from the AUS, would receive limited aid, politicians in Washington seeing the aid as doing too much to repay the favour, “America First” remaining the motto of the America First Party. Germany received much the same treatment, but was lucky it was able to draw upon her colonial industries. France was also in the same boat, with Canada being too limited still to aid both her homeland and her loyal ally. The states on the periphery would be in much harder conditions. Flanders looked desperately to her northern sister state, Denmark begging Sweden and Norway for help and the Baltic and Ukraine stuck between a rock and a hard place as Russia would seize any plea for aid as a admission of weakness and a possibility to gain territory. Whilst the continent would recover slowly over the coming 25 years, the complete retreat of the AUS from European politics under President Patton during the reformation of the state into the Fourth American Republic would mean that war would break out again. France and Germany were still bitter over the compromise that the AUS had enforced over Alsace-Lorraine. Russia hawkishly looking west. The Balkan exploding in another frenzy of violence as the Habsburgs, Italy, a Belgrade Pact backed by Russia and the remnants of the Turkish state went to war with one another. Europe would in the 70’ies once again walk on the edge of a knife.

• 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
A somewhat somber outcome, but certainly not beyond the realm of plausibility. I can definitely see Europe struggling much more to get back on its feet without the aid of an economic titan like the (former) US.

While it's only touched on lightly, there is something morbidly amusing about Austria becoming a Great Power in Europe again simply by virtue of the fact that it was mostly untouched by the wider war, though it looks like the Ausgleich in this timeline didn't quite go so peacefully.

Seems like a Marshall Plan would be sorely needed.

A somewhat somber outcome, but certainly not beyond the realm of plausibility. I can definitely see Europe struggling much more to get back on its feet without the aid of an economic titan like the (former) US.

While it's only touched on lightly, there is something morbidly amusing about Austria becoming a Great Power in Europe again simply by virtue of the fact that it was mostly untouched by the wider war, though it looks like the Ausgleich in this timeline didn't quite go so peacefully.
In the actual game Austria was much stranger. Status quo Ausgleich, Czechia and Croatia declared independence when they were asked to be annexed. Galicia-Lodomeria was offered to Poland, which accepted and elected Mindaugas and formed the Commonwealth.
A great description! I liked its pessimism and realism.
Seems like a Marshall Plan would be sorely needed.
Thanks. Considering it's AFM, a Marshall type of deal seems uncharacteristic. Some half assed measures to "establish peace" (looking at you Alsace-Lorraine) but that's about it. National France got kind of lucky actually, since the AUS would have helped rebuild North-Africa after the Internationale was repulsed from there.

Now, if only I had made clear if the other powers were able to aquire a nuclear arsenal...

A Baptism of Blood and Steel
1st of January 1900: a baptism of blood and steel

spGFMi7.png

The Victorian Era is coming to a close. Whilst beginning in an era of unrest, once the monarchies of Europe had restored order, the Victorian Era would become known as a era of relative peace in Europe and the establishment of supreme dominance of Europe over the world. Following the French model, many countries would adopt a parliamentary system in which monarch and representatives would work hand in hand. From their colonial empires, raw materials are brought back to Europe, where they are made into finished goods in one of the many factories of the Industrial Age, and shipped back to the overseas markets to be sold. Yet, all is not well. With the recent European victory over China, almost no room remains for Europe to expand. Rivalries are flaring up again, and the nations of Europe are looking for new allies.

Country Selection

l9K7idI.png
dhsxoAd.png
ydCuZdZ.png
KHuEOTR.png
Dpcvft1.png
fuGbP86.png
ShUM995.png
MijdAKu.png
Y0iDK3z.png
szVPQQZ.png
V23ZOIy.png
MD15cd8.png
LCjNKc9.png
jjaDxUs.png
CbEj1rh.png
M4FX1Ml.png
Nhs47Io.png

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
A world with successes all over for the Europeans and some non-europeans. Yet a powderkeg of dimensions unheard of.

A world like our own, yet so very unlike it at the same time. I'm especially fascinated by Poland-Hungary and Portugal-Brazil.
Not having the HRE be forcefully dissolved opened up the posibility of having it still be around, so I took the Austro-Prussian rivalry and rolled with it. But I just didn't want it being absolutely massive, and Austria still owning such a large part of Poland gave me the posibility of unifying the two crowns, something which was actually the case for a short while in the 14th century. And Portugal-Brazil was actually a short lived dual monarchy in the early 19th century when the Braganca were forced from Portugal, took up residence in Rio and elevated it to equal status with Portugal. link

Reactions:
The Indian Empire
The Indian Empire

zzzesTk.png

Founded in 1938, the Indian Empire is a semi-parliamentary monarchy on the Indian Subcontinent and just outside of it. In an effort to centralize and normalize the processes of power, the leader of the Princely Federation and Nizam of Hyderabad, Mir Osman Ali Khan, declared himself Kaisar I Hind and founded the National Diwan, starting the process of the reunification of the territories of the old British Raj.

3DoIdRL.png

Administrative division of the Empire

mfuxOon.png

The Indian Empire is a federal monarchy akin to the German Empire. Kaisar I Hind and head of the federation is the Nizam of Hyderabad, Mir Osman Ali Khan. In the federation there are 4 types of administrative subdivisions. A Princely State is a full member of the federation, her people can elect representatives to the National Diwan and her prince is a member of the Council of Princes. Second is the Republic of Madras. Much akin to a Princely State, her people elect members of the National Diwan, except she is headed by a President, who represents her on the Council of Princes. Third are the Federal States. Holdovers from British rule and much a stopgap measure to establish control during the reunification. Basing itself off of the admission of the Federal State of Marathastan in 1938, the area's which were under direct British control, the so called Presidencies, would receive harsher oversight by the central government. Her people elect members of the National Diwan, but she isn't represented in the Council of Princes. A Federal State is headed by a governor selected by the Council of Princes and appointed by the Kaisar I Hind himself. Already the system is under a lot of criticism as many princes can claim rulership over parts of the old presidencies. Already the Madras Presidency never returned, being split between the neigbouring Princes and the Madras Republic. As of 1947, the dissolution of the Federal State of Sindh is already underway as there are plans to award it to Khaipur. Last are the Overseas Territories. These are not members of the federation but owned by the federal government. The two Overseas Territories are the Maldives and Andaman Islands

kDgvBIz.png

India and the British railway network. Shown are the borders in 1936, with the internal Indian borders in red. Due to ongoing issues, none of the states had the time or resources to invest in the railway network between 1925 and 1936, leaving it as it was for a decade

• 4Like
Reactions:
Seems like a potential powderkeg.

Interesting to see that Afghanistan still has its post-1925 border as a member state.
I actually gave them a bit more in Northern Balochistan. I mainly did it to get rid of as much territory in the Federal States, and giving land that belonged to Afghanistan and has people of their ethnicity (Pashtun) seemed like a logical step

What game is the "Baptism of Blood and Fire" map based on? I assume some kind of Vic2 continuation of a late EUIV game?
It's one of those concept maps I was talking about. In the discords I'm in the topic is often HoI4 mods that will probably never come out and there was this one about the American Revolution never happening/being crushed, and it causing the British Empire to be in a worse state than OTL, even in North America. So I decided to have my own take on it, and in the end it rolled together with a "What if the French Revolution never happened?" scenario since it would be a somewhat logical conclusion.

Just a small note, since I have converted my megacampaign to EU4, the posting of maps in this thread will slow down by a lot, although I do still have some laying which I might finish if I want to take a quick brake from writing that. For those interested my megacampaign can be found here (CKII) and here (EU4)

Third American Republic: the world in 1949
Third American Republic: the world in 1949

zGJQPQK.png

(decided I wasn't quite done with this series)

• 2Like
Reactions:
My goodness but China looks fantastically unstable.