At what point was Imperator declared a Legacy game?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
dRrtLgm.jpg

Sorry, I could not resist. Stolen from meme thread.

• 7Haha
  • 5Like
Reactions:
Actually: Months in advance of the launch of 2.0.
If 2.0 was supposed to be a final patch, it did a very bad job. Instead of adding new stuff and revamping the UI PDS should have cleaned up existing bugs and added all these features.

After 2.0.3, Imperator was left in an obvious beta stage with some parts improved but many others are left untouched (and a few were made worse).

It's far more likely that 2.0 was supposed to bring back the playerbase and/or attract new players.

Reactions:
So no you didn't have an official statement from paradox. You had a message in a discussion thread that could have gone completely unnoticed by the majority of players. I also think that some who only watch the paradox news are not yet aware.
And at some point, when do we start to be respected? We are not going to accept everything without saying anything anyway.
Fully agree. I just came to the forum by chance, as sometimes @IsaacCAT promotes some debates... just to see in a random response to a thread that the game is "legacy" now. I'm more than disappointed (as many others) about the handling of this. I understand the move, but not the means.

Make an official announcement, make a sticky post, I don't know. It's called respect. And many (or most of us) here are way past the kids age, we tend to have a lower threshold for respect.

• 2Like
Reactions:
It makes sense as players did not stick after the release of 2.0.

Another example of a game that has not been successful with players is Empire of Sin. Probably it is already legacy but the company has not came out with an official statement yet:

EDIT: looking at the Empire of Sin forum, it seems the lack of communication from PDX is also a problem identified there. The decision to not further develop a game is not a bad decision, I do not understand why nobody at PDX take the bull by the horns and explains the business decision to players so they can move on.

Another game that may be legacy already is Surviving the Aftermath, they have low player numbers after realease and first expansion. Will they develop it for 2 years like they did with I:R? I do not think so. Will they communicate with players about its demise when it is decided? It does not seem so.

Of all mentioned games only Imperator is made by PDX and was killed on it's 2nd year. Which is what has surprised everyone, especially the fanfare about the game prior to release and the hard work over the next 24 months to greatly improve it. And is a fantastic game except for the bugs and quirks. Like you should never join a war of an ally because they might give away your own land.

And ofc we don't want the game to be given to some third party and massacre it like EU4 :confused:
Just a fixing patch and maybe open more the API for mods.

As for the rest, are made by 4 different companies which have moved to new projects with other publishers last 18 months.

Reactions:
If 2.0 was supposed to be a final patch, it did a very bad job. Instead of adding new stuff and revamping the UI PDS should have cleaned up existing bugs and added all these features.

After 2.0.3, Imperator was left in an obvious beta stage with some parts improved but many others are left untouched (and a few were made worse).

It's far more likely that 2.0 was supposed to bring back the playerbase and/or attract new players.
Some content was never realised either. I believe they were working on a tributary system that was finished but never released.

Some content was never realised either. I believe they were working on a tributary system that was finished but never released.
While it is correct that they worked on it (was shown in a DD, but then axed at some point to keep the patch release in scope and time), I'm not sure if it was really finished in the sense of being ready for release. Maybe the idea was already fully worked out and the interface was there, but I doubt that it was a completely working feature with all bells and whistles they just dropped...as that just wouldn't make any sense to me.

Reactions:
While it is correct that they worked on it (was shown in a DD, but then axed at some point to keep the patch release in scope and time), I'm not sure if it was really finished in the sense of being ready for release. Maybe the idea was already fully worked out and the interface was there, but I doubt that it was a completely working feature with all bells and whistles they just dropped...as that just wouldn't make any sense to me.
That's reason enough to keep going. If PI wants to back off from Imperator, the least they could do is release a final patch that fixes bugs and increases modability. Being able to add more than one start date is a basic feature the game really needs.

• 2Like
Reactions:
That's reason enough to keep going. If PI wants to back off from Imperator, the least they could do is release a final patch that fixes bugs and increases modability. Being able to add more than one start date is a basic feature the game really needs.
I don't disagree, but "completing something half-finished and releasing it together with bug fixes and increased modability as final patch" ist still something different (of course something I would like to see, too :) Just to make that clear...) than having a full developed feature under closure (without any good reason...at least I could not see one).

They should already respond when they are asked a question.

I don't disagree, but "completing something half-finished and releasing it together with bug fixes and increased modability as final patch" ist still something different (of course something I would like to see, too :) Just to make that clear...) than having a full developed feature under closure (without any good reason...at least I could not see one).
It has been a few years since I seen it. Considering what has happened, it probably hasn't been touched since and was probably never playtested. Even if it was finished released, if there were any kind of bugs they may not be fixed. That PI has left Imperator in a buggy state for a year and a half is not good. At this rate, it may never be fixed.