Astral rift , i think it's a bug but....

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Spacenavigator1974

Corporal
19 Badges
May 10, 2023
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Empire of Sin - Deluxe Edition
  • Empire of Sin
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
The AI is too quick to explore the Astral Rifts and open the portal to the system of extradimensional beings. or is it a bug? I play with 1.25% technology and even though I explored 5 Astral Rifts before 2260, the "study the sphere" event was not unlocked. NEVER. I can't understand, am I missing something? do I also have to simultaneously exhaust all 4 Astral Rift creations that I have in the astral powers panel?

There's a riftworld start that starts off with an astral rift and (after an excavation site) 50% progress on Rift Sphere. It's possible the AI is using that?

Also, crystal rift has weird spawn weighting, more details about it in the astral rift page of the wiki.

You could also go back to your earlier quasi-bug report in the main forum and update it to include these additional details, rather than create a new separate quasi-bug report in the main forum.

On the subject of astral rifts, they are bugged as in when a scientist dies of causes outside the rift adventure, the vessel becomes stranded inside the rift without chance to finish it, while the player can't even scrap it or assign a new scientist to the position. Only editing the save game can fix the issue.
I already made a bug report, hopefully it will get fixed in next version.

• 2Like
Reactions:
That is a strange situation. In one of my last corrections it seemed to me that when a scientist entered an astral rift a flag was applied that avoided his death due to external causes to the aforementioned astral rift.

The AI is too quick to explore the Astral Rifts and open the portal to the system of extradimensional beings. or is it a bug? I play with 1.25% technology and even though I explored 5 Astral Rifts before 2260, the "study the sphere" event was not unlocked. NEVER. I can't understand, am I missing something? do I also have to simultaneously exhaust all 4 Astral Rift creations that I have in the astral powers panel?
The crystal sphere can only spawn in mid game and it can spawn for any empire that has completed at least 5 rifts, its weighted towards the player but even the AI can get it.