Assimilation currently terrible

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Assimilators are going to get some major buffs in 1.8.1.

Specifics of changes coming to Assimilators:
- Successfully assimilating a Pop as a Driven Assimilator now generates one month's worth of Unity and Society Research
- Driven Assimilators can now allow Cyborgs to procreate (they do not need food to grow)
- Assimilators can now research most Genetics techs
- Driven Assimilators can now derive Assault and Defense Armies from Cyborg Pops
- Pops are now assimilated much faster, on a per-planet basis rather than per-species basis

Overall, having growing cyborgs should let Assimilators expand very quickly in the early game, and getting tech/unity from assimilating means you still want to conquer other species.

Anything about Rogue Servitors, like changes to when you conquer planets? I really don't like having unique buildings like Autonomous Fabricators, Dark Matter Power Plants and such getting demolished (and thus permanently lost) just because I play Rogue Servitor.

I can't really see a good solution for this that doesn't completely go against the way the sanctuaries work. If it's changed it won't be in a hotfix, but I'll give it some thought for the future.

Hey Wiz, the exterminator synthetic empire seem a bit underpowered compared to their organic and hive mind equivalents. Do you have any thought?

Exterminators, Purifiers and Devouring Swarms are all getting buffed in 1.8.1, Exterminators moreso than the other two.