Assigning guards to patrol does not work / Der Patrouille Wachen zuweisen funktioniert nicht

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BigBenGermany

Recruit
97 Badges
Mar 24, 2010
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
Hallo zusammen, ich verzweifle an der zweiten Mission. Ich habe zum Ziel zwei Wachen einer Patrouillenroute zuzuweisen. Hier steht ist soll ein beliebiges Kästchen anklicken um eine Wache zuzuweisen. (Mit "Linksklick" zuweisen mit "Rechts" entfernen). Ich erstelle z.b. einen blauen Patrouillenpfad. Wenn jetzt versuche einen blauen Punkt des Pfades anzuklicken fügt er nur einen Punkt hinzu wenn ich mit rechts klicke entfernt er den Pfandpunkt. Ich kann jedoch ums verrecken keinen Punkt anklicken um einen Wache zuzuweisen! :(

Hello everyone, I am desperate for the second mission. My goal is to assign two guards to a patrol route. It says click any box to assign a guard. (Assign with "Left click" remove with "Right"). I create e.g. a blue patrol path. Now if I try to click a blue dot on the path it just adds a dot, if I right click it removes the pawn dot. However, I can't click a point to assign a guard to the death! :(

Plase have a look to this pictures. There ist my problem. I can't find any options.
I have no mods activated.

I deleted all files, the whole folder in the AppData directory. All mods unsubscribed. Then reinstalled again. No change, still the same problem. This is absolutely Default/Vanila, nothing has been changed from the Vanila settings, either.

Besides I just bought new DLCs. :(

Ich hoffe ihr könnt mir helfen... :)

Attachments

• Unbenannt.png
    Unbenannt.png
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • Unbenannt2.png
    Unbenannt2.png
    2,9 MB · Views: 0
The Steam Forum couldn't help me. I then contacted Paradox Support. This referred me to this forum. But meanwhile I doubt that I will be helped here?! What is that for a support? Really now? Are you serious?

I am sorry, but as I do not play this game I could not help you with this issue.

I'm hoping the experienced gameplayers here will be able to help you.

According to the Steam Forum, this is the problem. Citation:
"The options to add guards to the patrol should be in the second screenshot where you set the patrol. That's weird."
Posted by JennyTheGhoul, Steam Communty.

This is clearly a technical problem of the game and someone must be responsible for the support?!

Of course it would be very nice if an experienced player could help me. However, this will not be the case as it is a technical issue. It must obviously be a bug in the game. And no experienced player can fix that. :(

I've been a Paradox fan since I played Europa Universalis I. I have not made such a request to Paradox since. But it would be nice if you had a solution. Otherwise I would be very disappointed. Mainly because I really need help now and I can't get it. :(

Last edited:
I do technical support for this and most of our games. But your problem as reported does not sound like a tech support issue, but rather a possible bug.

Hallo zusammen, ich verzweifle an der zweiten Mission. Ich habe zum Ziel zwei Wachen einer Patrouillenroute zuzuweisen. Hier steht ist soll ein beliebiges Kästchen anklicken um eine Wache zuzuweisen. (Mit "Linksklick" zuweisen mit "Rechts" entfernen). Ich erstelle z.b. einen blauen Patrouillenpfad. Wenn jetzt versuche einen blauen Punkt des Pfades anzuklicken fügt er nur einen Punkt hinzu wenn ich mit rechts klicke entfernt er den Pfandpunkt. Ich kann jedoch ums verrecken keinen Punkt anklicken um einen Wache zuzuweisen! :(

Hello everyone, I am desperate for the second mission. My goal is to assign two guards to a patrol route. It says click any box to assign a guard. (Assign with "Left click" remove with "Right"). I create e.g. a blue patrol path. Now if I try to click a blue dot on the path it just adds a dot, if I right click it removes the pawn dot. However, I can't click a point to assign a guard to the death! :(

Plase have a look to this pictures. There ist my problem. I can't find any options.
I have no mods activated.

I deleted all files, the whole folder in the AppData directory. All mods unsubscribed. Then reinstalled again. No change, still the same problem. This is absolutely Default/Vanila, nothing has been changed from the Vanila settings, either.

Besides I just bought new DLCs. :(

Ich hoffe ihr könnt mir helfen... :)
I'm a month late but

I've been having a similar issue. I assign a guard or guard dog to the patrol, but they won't go there. Rather than lighting up blue to signify that someone is on the way, it stays gray. Hovering over it shows that the guard assigned to the patrol is across the prison and not heading to the patrol route. I have to close out of the game and reopen it to fix this issue and it's pretty annoying. I have all DLCs except for "perfect storm".

I have the same problem. However, it only appeared after I bought the new DLC.
Are there any solutions in the meantime?

@BigBen can you share the name of the mod you found?

Edit:
Another problem:
When personnel needs are activated, only food for the personnel is delivered!

Last edited: