• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
About a month ago, Humble Bundle had a great deal on EU4 and its DLCs. From the Paradox perspective, was the campaign a success? What were some of the success metrics (either for PDX, or the specific EU4 game)? Did the campaign exceed expectations?

Obviously success could be measure by
general exposure raised for EU4 or PDX?
new players attracted?
retained new players, with increase in player hours?
bundle copies sold (over 100k, if I remember correctly, over $1,000,000)

Aside from the "Pants Act" being passed in a lot of places (suggesting that future dev Easter egg characters perhaps need the Lunatic trait...), how has the recent decision to have everyone at PDS work from home due to COVID-19 affected your work so far?

Aside from the "Pants Act" being passed in a lot of places (suggesting that future dev Easter egg characters perhaps need the Lunatic trait...), how has the recent decision to have everyone at PDS work from home due to COVID-19 affected your work so far?
I have discovered I am more extroverted than I thought, I am really missing seeing everybody at the office being stuck alone at home!
My only consolation is discord chats every now and then and people sharing pictures of their pets :)

I have discovered I am more extroverted than I thought, I am really missing seeing everybody at the office being stuck alone at home!
My only consolation is discord chats every now and then and people sharing pictures of their pets :)

Follow-up question: Aside from Cyrus the Hedgehog, are there any other uncommon pets belonging to people at PDS?

Follow-up question: Aside from Cyrus the Hedgehog, are there any other uncommon pets belonging to people at PDS?
Hmm not that I know of, though we do seem to be cat dominated from the pics I've seen, not enough doggo pictures being shared around compared to the cat ones!

I am writing this from my sofa, as my computer currently is connected to my TV :D It's a bit weird working on a screen this large, but it works from now on. It's a lot lonelier than expected, no coworkers to eat lunch with and talk to when you are bored. We use Slack quite a lot and Discord for Social Hour on Fridays, but it's not the same thing. I hope we can get back to the office soon!

Some coworkers have ferrets and others lizards. Most people have either dogs or cats. although I know that some really want a fox as a pet :D

Could you maybe change that events (in any paradox game) dont pop up in the middle of the screen were you are most likely to accidently click them unless you pause all the time you click somwhere in the middle, but instead appear on the bottom or the side (simply wherever you usually wont click much).

is it possible to make a poll on the website for those who would preorder victoria 3
For polls you must ask a moderator to sponsor you, they must post the actual poll thread.

And before you ask, not me, sorry :)

CK3 is coming out, and since CK2 has a long history and an incredible amount of content, many modders will want to transport over their favourite elements that aren't in the sequel. Of the following, what is legally permissible for CK3 mods?
  • Using CK2 localisation verbatim (including non-English); specifically longer texts like event texts
  • Using CK2 interface elements, like buttons
  • Using CK2 nation and dynasty shields/flags
  • Using or adapting larger images, like event pictures
  • Using an adaptation of CK2 event scripts (adapted to the new script)
  • Using or adapting CK2 history files, specifically character and title history (adapted to the new script where necessary)
  • Not using anything verbatim but making stuff in a clear attempt to reproduce some CK2 content as closely as possible

CK3 is coming out, and since CK2 has a long history and an incredible amount of content, many modders will want to transport over their favourite elements that aren't in the sequel. Of the following, what is legally permissible for CK3 mods?
  • Using CK2 localisation verbatim (including non-English); specifically longer texts like event texts
  • Using CK2 interface elements, like buttons
  • Using CK2 nation and dynasty shields/flags
  • Using or adapting larger images, like event pictures
  • Using an adaptation of CK2 event scripts (adapted to the new script)
  • Using or adapting CK2 history files, specifically character and title history (adapted to the new script where necessary)
  • Not using anything verbatim but making stuff in a clear attempt to reproduce some CK2 content as closely as possible
I'll direct you to this https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...user-made-mods-and-edits-of-pds-games.708039/

Specifically this part:
7) Mods created with content owned by Paradox Interactive must be made so that they will only be usable by players who have the corresponding game or DLC installed. If this requirement is beyond the technical ability of the particular mod maker (or it is impossible due to the nature of said mod) then they cannot be used.
So generally for things like that it is a no go as your mod cannot enforce ownership of CK2 and its expansions. It is also a matter common sense mostly though to be honest though, don't go around copying writing, art or music assets and the like as that'd be a bigger issue especially depending on the rights we hold over said assets potentially varying. But if you go remaking some event chain in the new script or modify history you're gonna be doing it from scratch as the script language is different enough now that you cannot copy everything over anyway, and that is a lot more fine to do.

This is perhaps mostly about EU4/Stellaris since that's the games that have had dev clashes, but I seem to remember there being a "You get to use an exploit one session, then you have to fix it" house rule for dev multiplayer games (not sure if that's still in effect or not). Based on this rule being (or having been) a thing:

- What is the most memorable exploit you or someone else have used in a dev multiplayer (whether an official dev clash or something not shown to the public)?

- Has there been an occasion when you or someone else planned to use an exploit but someone else (whether in the dev clash or not) fixed the exploit before it could be used?

- Are there any of these exploits that ended up becoming full features (whether nerfed or not)?

First post, omg. Paradox makes some of my favorite games that I have never played. Although I did buy a CK2 bundle years ago that has never been installed, so far I have only vicariously watched Let's Plays and streams. It's a hardware issue with me. :(

I wanted to ask if/how hardware issues are affecting people working from home? Do you have game streaming setups or separate machines for testing builds? I noticed Bungie saying they were reliant on Stadia for testing during this WFH period, but for all I know things might work differently for the grand strategy genre.

(I really hope PDS is considering publishing to - or dare I hope, developing for - a cloud gaming platform. GeForce Now technically already has your games, albeit for one lousy hour at a time. Although I understand that you might not want to comment on this.)

Best wishes.

First post, omg. Paradox makes some of my favorite games that I have never played. Although I did buy a CK2 bundle years ago that has never been installed, so far I have only vicariously watched Let's Plays and streams. It's a hardware issue with me. :(

I wanted to ask if/how hardware issues are affecting people working from home? Do you have game streaming setups or separate machines for testing builds? I noticed Bungie saying they were reliant on Stadia for testing during this WFH period, but for all I know things might work differently for the grand strategy genre.

(I really hope PDS is considering publishing to - or dare I hope, developing for - a cloud gaming platform. GeForce Now technically already has your games, albeit for one lousy hour at a time. Although I understand that you might not want to comment on this.)

Best wishes.

Paradox have made sure everyone can work from home, either on borrowed laptops that IT provided or by using our own computers and VPN to remote desktop our work computers. So far it has worked well, some hiccups but nothing major. If needed, we can also request to get our work computers delivered to our homes and we've already gotten chairs and webcams for example to ensure we can do our tasks ergonomically and have face-to-face meetings (almost, at least) :D

Hope you can deal with your hardware issues and get to play CK2 or even CK3 when that is released!

i know victoria ip doesnt sell well could you mitigate the cost of the game by putting interns on it from some gamedev school, just having a veteran project leader instructing them. not waste office space by telling em to work from home or school. or rentout a warehouse in lituania or something.

i know victoria ip doesnt sell well could you mitigate the cost of the game by putting interns on it from some gamedev school, just having a veteran project leader instructing them. not waste office space by telling em to work from home or school. or rentout a warehouse in lituania or something.
I see no scenario where that leads to a good game.

• 2Like
Reactions: