• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
When will CKIII wiki be operative? I want to do my part :)

This thread is for questions not dealt with elsewhere.

Please post CK3 questions in that forum, thanks.

As you have known, There hasn't been a question thread(, megathread or portal) by Paradox in CK3 forum.
Please read the rules, both of this thread and of the forum. :)

What is the weirdest/most memorable TODO note (either as an actual note or as a comment in a file) you've made for yourself as part of your work?

What is the weirdest/most memorable TODO note (either as an actual note or as a comment in a file) you've come across as part of your work that someone else left?

What is the weirdest/most memorable TODO note (either as an actual note or as a comment in a file) you've made for yourself as part of your work?

TODO_CD_GABRIEL: Make this tooltip not look like complete garbage (it's still in)

What is the weirdest/most memorable TODO note (either as an actual note or as a comment in a file) you've come across as part of your work that someone else left?

TODO: Revisit before release (found 3 years after release)

Not really a TODO but a placeholder text that got translated into at least Spanish: "Eklund pls" "Eklund pfv" and "Eklund please" "Eklund por favor" :D

hey pax. as your games usually have a shelf life of 8 years. will you take this into account when making future games. considering there is a cpu core race in 2025 the avarage user will likely have 12-24 cores and enthusiast 32-60. with vulkan multigpu will become a thing and return of ondie gpus on cpus. we will probably see people keeping old gpus and supplimenting with a newer one. will your future engine be more corefriendly and allow mixed gpu setups?

I am a huge fan of the Surviving Mars series and have an interest in The next upcoming "Survival" series.

I have a huge wonder if anyone has an inclining into a game or expansion to the SM game using the Venus colonization ideas that is being discussed in NASA news recently. I could see a game with floating cities, reflective space mirrors, blimps, gas harvesters, and possible vapor electrolysis and heat sink Stirling engines as a power source for the colonies.

You Surviving Mars game was amazing and look forward to your other related projects.

I am a huge fan of the Surviving Mars series and have an interest in The next upcoming "Survival" series.

I have a huge wonder if anyone has an inclining into a game or expansion to the SM game using the Venus colonization ideas that is being discussed in NASA news recently. I could see a game with floating cities, reflective space mirrors, blimps, gas harvesters, and possible vapor electrolysis and heat sink Stirling engines as a power source for the colonies.

You Surviving Mars game was amazing and look forward to your other related projects.
Surviving Mars is indeed amazing! However, it was developed by Haemimont Games and published by Paradox Interactive. The Paradox dev studio (PDS) did not develop it, so we can't really answer any questions about it in this thread. I'd try the Surviving Mars forum - https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/surviving-mars.983/

- What is the strangest thing you've had to research?

- What is something that was surprisingly easy to research?

- What is something that was surprisingly difficult to research?

- What is something that was added to a game because of something someone discovered while researching something else?

- What is the strangest thing you've had to research?

- What is something that was surprisingly easy to research?

- What is something that was surprisingly difficult to research?

- What is something that was added to a game because of something someone discovered while researching something else?

Easy: Women in History.
Hard: Flavor events for Indian kingdoms in EU4.
Added: I was reading up on people living during the Middle ages for CK2 and found a woman who was jealous of a male courtier her husband liked to favor and so she pushed him "playfully" into the river when they were out walking together one day. Cannot recall if the courtier died or not, but I made an event out of it where if a married count or higher liked a male courtier more than his wife then that wife could get an event where she could decide to push the courtier into a river or not. There were at least two outcomes: The courtier died and the husband could execute, jail or forgive his wife or the courtier lived and the husband could treat the wife better (relationship up), jail her or reprimand her IIRC. The notice I found wasn't long, but it inspired an event series I am still quite proud of.

when you make hoi5 what are the things you most want to focus and work on compared to 4. what things do u think is missing?
would u want to expand on spying/subterfuge, politics, prewar maybe push back date to 1910, trade, return hoi3 chain of command

when you make hoi5 what are the things you most want to focus and work on compared to 4. what things do u think is missing?
would u want to expand on spying/subterfuge, politics, prewar maybe push back date to 1910, trade, return hoi3 chain of command

Personally, I think the short timeframe of the game leads to a lot of problems that a longer timeframe would avoid. The singular focus on a single conflict in a very specific period of time means we have to design all our mechanics around this conflict, so we end up with mechanics designed to work perfectly fine in 98% of cases that need to be adapted to account for this one very specific edge case that happened historically (France needs to fall on time, but France should also be as militarily strong as it was historically, so our entire surrender system essentially is build around making France fall when it does). If we had a longer timeframe, especially if it starts earlier, we could lean way harder into the simulation angle and let things unfold dynamically, without having to account for as many edge cases.

How do you choose the colors for the nations in the games?

Personally, I think the short timeframe of the game leads to a lot of problems that a longer timeframe would avoid. The singular focus on a single conflict in a very specific period of time means we have to design all our mechanics around this conflict, so we end up with mechanics designed to work perfectly fine in 98% of cases that need to be adapted to account for this one very specific edge case that happened historically (France needs to fall on time, but France should also be as militarily strong as it was historically, so our entire surrender system essentially is build around making France fall when it does). If we had a longer timeframe, especially if it starts earlier, we could lean way harder into the simulation angle and let things unfold dynamically, without having to account for as many edge cases.
would probably be hell simulating everything to exact dates. but something that slightly annoys me is the lack of focus on the politics. hitler and stalin werent just some warmongeres. hitler came to power over a 10 years time which was from years of communist uprisings and civil war, same with sovjet it was a tsardom that lennin took over. everything that lead to ww2 was caused in ww1 the constant political schemeing during the enforced peacetime setup the bigplayers. it would be fun to have a lite ck2 rp eventline for the naziparty and stalin/lennin. you captured it with france and southafrica with the endless strikes and revolts. the new spain political evenline is marvelous in this aspect!
trade is another aspect thats lacking uk went from the world trade power to handing it all over to america. sweden both traded with nazis and uk supplying steel. having part of the vic2 economy would be cool.

being a filthy viking i have a softspot for sweden. even tho we were cucks i feel like we could have been a really cool alt history. annexing finland during the winter war which they even offered. securing norway and denmark in a neokalmarunion vs hitler. sweden was a heavy puncher with värnplikten and saab. it would be fun to have a great empire era again and free the baltic states. id pay for that dlc. road to 56 mod is cool