Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not many of us around that worked on EU3 and EU4.

from the EU3 team, only me and Besuchov still work for paradox. The entire eu3 team was 8 people.. and only 3 of us were still working when we started EU4, and King left a few years ago.

I don't remember super much about what we did during eu3, as it was done between 15-17 years ago.
oh, didn't realize the team was tiny back then
I remember the quiz back then, won a bit by chance

Can I ask why it has never been implemented to restrict the mouse cursor to the game screen? It makes the game unplayable for people who use edge scrolling with the mouse cursor to navigate throughout the game. There was a mod that fixed it but now that's broken. I have one arm and the game is unplayable now-is there any way a hotfix can be implemented to keep the mouse cursor in the game screen? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Can I ask why it has never been implemented to restrict the mouse cursor to the game screen? It makes the game unplayable for people who use edge scrolling with the mouse cursor to navigate throughout the game. There was a mod that fixed it but now that's broken. I have one arm and the game is unplayable now-is there any way a hotfix can be implemented to keep the mouse cursor in the game screen? I'd greatly appreciate it.
Game-specific questions are not appropriate for this thread. Please post in the support forum for the affected game, thanks.

Not many of us around that worked on EU3 and EU4.

from the EU3 team, only me and Besuchov still work for paradox. The entire eu3 team was 8 people.. and only 3 of us were still working when we started EU4, and King left a few years ago.

I don't remember super much about what we did during eu3, as it was done between 15-17 years ago.
So would that make you the sole person who worked on the first two games as well then? Nearly 23 years is a very long time in game development indeed.

So would that make you the sole person who worked on the first two games as well then? Nearly 23 years is a very long time in game development indeed.

doomdark also worked on eu2. He was away from paradox for a few years around eu3.

i have actually worked 28 years as a developer now.

At PDXCON2022 my wife and I were interviewed and filmed... any idea when/if that will see the light of day?

Help me to understand.

I want to create a mod with my music, but I don't know how to do it, can someone write me in detail how can I do it?
Maybe someone in the appropriate game's modding section may help you :)
According to your badges this might be Crusader Kings III

• 1Like
Reactions:
Romero Games is telling everyone that asks that any questions about Empire of Sin DLC 2 - which many of us paid for with the season pass two years ago - should be directed at Paradox rather than Romero Games.

Is this DLC still an active Paradox project? If not, what is your policy on DLC that has been paid for but that you will never deliver?

Reactions:
Is there any way to choose which badges are displayed under a user's avatar when exceeding 50 badges? If not, then please consider adding this feature. Also consider adding the ability to change the order that the badges can be displayed.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Never mind. I can't read for comprehension while watching football.

Answer appears to be a resounding no.

Perhaps if you tried bribing a moderator or developer. I hear they all drink like fish. ;)

Last edited:
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
You can already do that. Just drag and drop the badges from Active to Inactive and sort them inside the category.

Reactions:
Is there any way to choose which badges are displayed under a user's avatar when exceeding 50 badges? If not, then please consider adding this feature. Also consider adding the ability to change the order that the badges can be displayed.
yes, you have to drag some of the ones you have off to free up sapce, and then drag back the ones you want. If you notice I have 212 items but no where close to 50 showing

• 1Love
Reactions:
from owned items

1671452445381.png

• 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
@Had a dad

Thank you for your responses especially the one with the graphics. They were quite helpful. :)

• 3Like
Reactions:
See? I should never answer questions on a Sunday or winter holiday.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
What contact does paradox have when it comes working with god old games DOT.com? (GOG). Most of the old titles are there We have all the hearts of iron games there except hoi4 and Arsenal of democracy(AOD. Those should be considered specially the old AOD. Recently EU4 has been broth to gog now.

Reactions:
Never mind. I can't read for comprehension while watching football.

Answer appears to be a resounding no.

Perhaps if you tried bribing a moderator or developer. I hear they all drink like fish. ;)
you were right the first time... sorta

Yeah ...
I know.
eyeroll-iron-man-tony-stark.gif

where exactly do i ask a tech lead or linux developer tech questions on the forum?
on the forum for said game, possibly in tech support. That said, they may or may not see it. SOmeone might still know the answer though and not be one of those.

Reactions: