Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey age of wonders planetfall devs can I make a request for adding a system to the xbox side of the game?
It goes like this.
Mabie in the next update can you devs expand the custom setting for single player and empire mode users like altering unit costs, upkeep, starting resources (a example would be a bar and a number box associated with the resource ig. Energy, cosmonite, and the resources for bases. Say if u want to start the game with 1000 of each resources, which can be altered for a higher number, just log it in the box settings. Hopefully this can be added to the new empires mode (which i actually enjoy playing due to the ability to make other units apart from the races and tech trees.) For the bases side the custom bar can be implemented too. This can alter unit costs, upkeep, and the time required to make them (can be small to make the game more harder or large to make it easier) both ways I think would balance this system.
The closest reference I can think of is the options for the game called ark survival evolved.
Apologies for this being too long as I couldn't find your email address
I am a xbox player and if you would implement this ill be happy to beta test it to help give feedback.
An example of the new system is attached to this thread
Thanks for taking your time to read this.

Hey age of wonders planetfall devs can I make a request for adding a system to the xbox side of the game?
It goes like this.
Mabie in the next update can you devs expand the custom setting for single player and empire mode users like altering unit costs, upkeep, starting resources (a example would be a bar and a number box associated with the resource ig. Energy, cosmonite, and the resources for bases. Say if u want to start the game with 1000 of each resources, which can be altered for a higher number, just log it in the box settings. Hopefully this can be added to the new empires mode (which i actually enjoy playing due to the ability to make other units apart from the races and tech trees.) For the bases side the custom bar can be implemented too. This can alter unit costs, upkeep, and the time required to make them (can be small to make the game more harder or large to make it easier) both ways I think would balance this system.
The closest reference I can think of is the options for the game called ark survival evolved.
Apologies for this being too long as I couldn't find your email address
I am a xbox player and if you would implement this ill be happy to beta test it to help give feedback.
An example of the new system is attached to this thread
Thanks for taking your time to read this.
This thread is for topics not covered elsewhere.

I think this would be the right forum for your ideas:

I've recently found out that the developers of one of my favourite games from the 2000s was taken over by Paradox in 2017. This firm is ofc Triumph Studios and the game series is Overlord. I was wondering that given the fact that Paradox has done a sequel for Age of Wonders, whether we'd get an Overlord III? Is it on the cards>

I've recently found out that the developers of one of my favourite games from the 2000s was taken over by Paradox in 2017. This firm is ofc Triumph Studios and the game series is Overlord. I was wondering that given the fact that Paradox has done a sequel for Age of Wonders, whether we'd get an Overlord III? Is it on the cards>
Hey Kemmy23, thanks for your question I answered this earlier this year as well but I'm happy to answer it again. As you may know Codemasters owns the IP to Overlord and recently Take-Two bought them out so the IP is most likely transferred to Take-Two Interactive. Unless that ownership changes and something magical happens we won't be working on the Overlord series.

• 3Haha
Reactions:
Have there been any discussions about whether to have PDX Con 2021 yet, or is that still waiting on whether the Covid pandemic settles down in time? Or is the assumption that there won't be a PDX Con 2021, because we aren't sure that things will be OK by August of next year?

Would love to know as well... missssa wantssss PDXCon ! :p

• 1Like
Reactions:
I forget the name of it but wasn't there a Hearts of Iron Cold War game in the works a few years ago? What ever happened to it? Think we'll ever get it as a stand alone or perhaps an expansion to HoI4 as a scenario?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I forget the name of it but wasn't there a Hearts of Iron Cold War game in the works a few years ago? What ever happened to it? Think we'll ever get it as a stand alone or perhaps an expansion to HoI4 as a scenario?
Development last a loooong time but never reached releasable status, so the plug was removed at some point.

Reactions:
Hello Paradox! Hearts of Iron IV is very good game, but can you please add scenario before WWI or after Treaty of Versailles? Interwar is very interesting period. Also it will be nice if you will update peace offers. Do you have anything in plans? Thanks a lot in advance for answer!
This thread is only for stuff that does not fit elsewhere.

Please post your request in the Suggestions forum for HOI4. Thanks.

Perhaps someone from the INSIDE could nudge PDX to... try again? ;)

I would pre-purchase it, and I don't pre-purchase games anymore so that's saying something!

Reactions:
Howdy, I'm a college student writing my informative speech on "Historical accuracy in modern video games" and am attempting to get an interview with a paradox developer who specializes in the subject. I wasn't sure exactly how to go about getting in contact with one so I figure a forum post may be some help. If anyone knows another way or if anyone who could get me in contact could help me out, it would mean a lot. Thanks!

What is Paradox numbering schema regarding patches, revisions and version of games ?

Using 1.2.3 to significant how big a change is to a game is normal.
As a software developer I'm used to the following:

patches - bug fixes.
revisions - bigger program updates.
version - major updates like changing hardware requirements to run the program.

As I see it. A patch should be just a minor change of the program.
However from Paradox I've seen patches that done the following:

1. Change hardware requirements from 32-bit to 64-bit.
2. Change minimum OS requirement to run a game.
3. Major update of the underlying MP software.

Does not Paradox has a policy document showing how to interpret those number or is that done ad hoc ?

As a today major software developer of games. Is it not time you fixed this and made a company policy about how to give new numbers to programs ?