Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Mr. Capiatlist

The Constantinople of the Great Lakes
85 Badges
Dec 4, 2003
nhkendall.com
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Rome Gold
Is there some thread to make suggestions for the forum? :confused:

I ask because of this. In the Bloodlines II many people may want World of Darkness stuff, it may keep appearing from time to time. Yet, since the forum is for BLII that kind of things need to be post somewhere else. I know there is a WoD discord: http://discord.gg/worldofdarkness , but it could also be a good idea to have an special WoD forums here on the PDX forum. That would be my suggestion... if i knew where to post it :p

Reactions:

JtW

Major
18 Badges
Aug 14, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
What is your position on the new Apple Silicon Macs? I'm especially interested in the Clausewitz engine but also in your general strategy/plans.

Ghillieman 2020

Recruit
Jun 1, 2020
Hey age of wonders planetfall devs can I make a request for adding a system to the xbox side of the game?
It goes like this.
Mabie in the next update can you devs expand the custom setting for single player and empire mode users like altering unit costs, upkeep, starting resources (a example would be a bar and a number box associated with the resource ig. Energy, cosmonite, and the resources for bases. Say if u want to start the game with 1000 of each resources, which can be altered for a higher number, just log it in the box settings. Hopefully this can be added to the new empires mode (which i actually enjoy playing due to the ability to make other units apart from the races and tech trees.) For the bases side the custom bar can be implemented too. This can alter unit costs, upkeep, and the time required to make them (can be small to make the game more harder or large to make it easier) both ways I think would balance this system.
The closest reference I can think of is the options for the game called ark survival evolved.
Apologies for this being too long as I couldn't find your email address
I am a xbox player and if you would implement this ill be happy to beta test it to help give feedback.
An example of the new system is attached to this thread
Thanks for taking your time to read this.

AndrewT

The Full Monty Python
Paradox Support Rep
Super Moderator
113 Badges
Jun 29, 2001
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Legio
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Crusader Kings III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
Hey age of wonders planetfall devs can I make a request for adding a system to the xbox side of the game?
It goes like this.
Mabie in the next update can you devs expand the custom setting for single player and empire mode users like altering unit costs, upkeep, starting resources (a example would be a bar and a number box associated with the resource ig. Energy, cosmonite, and the resources for bases. Say if u want to start the game with 1000 of each resources, which can be altered for a higher number, just log it in the box settings. Hopefully this can be added to the new empires mode (which i actually enjoy playing due to the ability to make other units apart from the races and tech trees.) For the bases side the custom bar can be implemented too. This can alter unit costs, upkeep, and the time required to make them (can be small to make the game more harder or large to make it easier) both ways I think would balance this system.
The closest reference I can think of is the options for the game called ark survival evolved.
Apologies for this being too long as I couldn't find your email address
I am a xbox player and if you would implement this ill be happy to beta test it to help give feedback.
An example of the new system is attached to this thread
Thanks for taking your time to read this.
This thread is for topics not covered elsewhere.

I think this would be the right forum for your ideas:

kemmy23

Colonel
28 Badges
Mar 14, 2011
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • King Arthur II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris Sign-up
I've recently found out that the developers of one of my favourite games from the 2000s was taken over by Paradox in 2017. This firm is ofc Triumph Studios and the game series is Overlord. I was wondering that given the fact that Paradox has done a sequel for Age of Wonders, whether we'd get an Overlord III? Is it on the cards>

Jordi Engel

General
Feb 18, 2019
I've recently found out that the developers of one of my favourite games from the 2000s was taken over by Paradox in 2017. This firm is ofc Triumph Studios and the game series is Overlord. I was wondering that given the fact that Paradox has done a sequel for Age of Wonders, whether we'd get an Overlord III? Is it on the cards>
Hey Kemmy23, thanks for your question I answered this earlier this year as well but I'm happy to answer it again. As you may know Codemasters owns the IP to Overlord and recently Take-Two bought them out so the IP is most likely transferred to Take-Two Interactive. Unless that ownership changes and something magical happens we won't be working on the Overlord series.