Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I wonder what the AIK supporters at the company think of all the last pages of Paradox's manuals :D

I ninja-edited it just before release on Rome, but johan spotted it in time :( probably a good thing or I might have gotten fired :D

It frightens me that there are so many rodents (supporters of aik solna) at PDS. Good thing the good guys (supporters of Stockholm's pride Djurgården) are in charge!

Why is it no matter how many copies of a game I have purchased and registered it only shows 1 copy under games registered?
Presumably because only one copy is necessary to grant you access to that particular game's forum and eligibility for tech support. You'd also have too many icons.

you seem as good a person to ask as any

is that announcement a sign of a new "policy", at least on the forums? I can see both sides of the coin as it were, and just wonder wither its a response to stuff like the SOTS2 release *shivers* and the backlash to that.

or is it a one off due to the apparent interest in that game and the nature of its development (such as its closeness to release).

The latter I would say.

It frightens me that there are so many rodents (supporters of aik solna) at PDS. Good thing the good guys (supporters of Stockholm's pride Djurgården) are in charge!

You see that admin tag on my profile?

As you guys are in Sweden, I'd imagine some of you are hockey fans?

1. Which is your favorite hockey team (in NHL and Swedish leagues)?
2. Who are you rooting for in the current Stanley Cup finals?

1. Färjestad BK, I am not really interested in watching any sport at all but as I have lived near their home arena and got to watch when they won SM one time for free I obviously have to root for them :)

2. Don't care :p

And make their Swedish meatballs a strategic resource?

That actually makes me think of a question for the Swedish PI peoples:
Do you guys really eat fishpaste? Like is it a common occurrence for Scandinavians to eat that stuff? I was at Ikea a few months ago and found some and bought it for lawlz (it reminded me of Spongebob) and its actually not too bad when mixed with the right foods. But most people think its a pretty weird thing to be eating.

If by fish paste you mean stuff like Kalles Kaviar then yes. A hard-boiled egg with a bit of kaviar is very nice and it is very common to eat for breakfast here in Sweden.

I wonder what the AIK supporters at the company think of all the last pages of Paradox's manuals :D

I was tempted to go for a refund when I first saw it in my EU3 manual...

The future! Oh, it's not history yet, but it will be. I guess you are all glad I'm not the game designer here. ;)

Actually, I've been asking for a "Galactica Universalis" style game for a while...

Is that... more sports? Uägh.
You've been talking to my wife, haven't you? ;)

Do AIK (icehockey) fans still hate Matti Virmanen?

Didn't he still have his awesome "nothing on the top, mullet in the back" hair when he was messing around with AIK? If so, how could anyone hate someone like that?

I might understand it now that he's cut it.

2. What's the best/funniest/most rewarding thanks/praise/feedback you've gotten?

I am generally very satisfied with the reviews of CK2 and Sengoku (The only Paradox projects that I have been working on from the beginning). Even people that don't like the games admit that they have high quality and have no major bugs. That's the best praise I can get :)