Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It wasn't that fun to read the PM's and posts of "I am going to kill you if you dont fix this now" etc.
I'm at loss for words. Internet anonymity really seems to bring the worst out of some people...

It wasn't that fun to read the PM's and posts of "I am going to kill you if you dont fix this now" etc.

Holy Christ. I never knew you got such messages. :eek:

That's quite unbelievable to be honest, but at the same time, sadly is actually believable.

I just wonder what type of person would do such a thing (uh, most likely HoIers but I won't discriminate, I do seem to remember your disengagement with Victoria fans (and thank you again for supporting Victoria II!) over forumite rudeness and ignorance - it all comes down to someone who takes games far too seriously, regardless of that game it is they play)

Hope such messages aren't sent often, and hope they don't worry or faze Paradox Interactive employees in any way - knowing that they're sent by pathetic nobodys.

Keep up the good work Paradox, you can sleep well knowing your work is really appreciated by the majority!
icon14.gif

Edit: Also, in all honesty, major compliments on company-community communication and cooperation, it's nice to see in more ways than one that the community is actively listened to and being able to see employee participation therein.

Pop into the OT more often though.

Wow. This thread has made me fall in love with Paradox. I wanna buy a t-shirt! :D

1). Would Paradox entertain the idea to make a science fiction game based on an HOI engine? Man, I would like that!

2). How do you do your research? It's just staggering that a game like HOI 1/2/3 has thousands of ministers and leaders. How long does it typically take in development time? Weeks?

(Playing Victoria taught me about the history of the 1800s period, by the way.)

3). What development environment and tools do you use? Did you create your own tools for your game engines?

4). How do you research what players would enjoy? Just the forum?

For example, I think there would be a big audience for HOI games with people who are interested in the history of WW2 even more than just playing a wonderfully fun strategy game.

But how could you find that out?

5). Should we make more polls for you all, to show you what we like?

Ciao,
Sword

That's the depressing part of internet I guess. The level of rage that sometime spill over is almost unbelievable. Still, all the positive feedback and the amazing loyalty in the fan base must be encouraging!

I like Indian food the best I guess.

Then you must PM me if you're ever in Oslo. I'll introduce you to one of Europa's finest Indian restaurants! :)

It's actually quite dissapointing and fairly sad to read that members of this forum would go this far. Sometimes people have issues with games, but I always found this forum to be quite friendly and it's a shame some members are ruining it for others who respect the amount of work Paradox puts into it's games and communication with the community.

Sending someone what is, essentially, a death threat for a bug in a computer game? Pathetic, just pathetic.

3). What development environment and tools do you use? Did you create your own tools for your game engines?

Visual Studio, Ultraedit, Photoshop, Maya, EmotionFX hmm.. some more i guess.

4). How do you research what players would enjoy?
Sales number, forum comments, what we find fun ourselves. etc

Then you must PM me if you're ever in Oslo. I'll introduce you to one of Europa's finest Indian restaurants! :)

Actually had my first Tandoori at an Indian in Oslo back when I worked there for Funcom.. Can't recall where it was, but it was close to the station, near Langkaia

Actually had my first Tandoori at an Indian in Oslo back when I worked there for Funcom.. Can't recall where it was, but it was close to the station, near Langkaia

Aha! Revealing answers to the super quizz I see.

Ahhh... That explains a lot. But seriously, maybe you've already been there? I'm thinking about Mister India. It's located next to the stock exchange, four minutes walk from the train station towards the sea.
Their Tandoori is good, but the lamb, chicken or vegetarian dishes is outstanding! Just thinking about it makes me remember it's only an hour before dinner... :D

How many of those were "I will kill you if you don't make CK2!"? :rofl:

J/K! ;)

Paradox has been doing this for a long time now. They've included the leader revamp mod (can't remember the name) in HoI2 (DD or Arma?), and just recently the cultural names mod for the newest EU3 beta patch.

Y. Agreed. But this was reactionary - ie, a mod was produced & paradox decided to use it. I am asking if there are plans to be proactive. ie, request specifics for them to use down the road.

ie, following my HOI3 expansion idea, they could open a folder under the mod section & post that they are going to be doing an expansion at SOME point in the future and would be looking for "x" "y" "z". Organize a minimum structure for what they need, assign a volunter & then just monitor/steer.

Serious question: Why did you guys sign on as the publisher for this game?:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalin_vs._Martians

Hehe

Oh that's easy. You don't refuse dancing Stalin.
stalin.gif

No, I don't have a boyfriend. I have a husband :D
Then you need a boyfriend. An old boyfriend. One who lives on the other side of the world, plays games all day to avoid all human contact and you'll never, ever see.:p
My favourite food is pancakes. They don't serve that for lunch in a lot of restaurants though, unless it's Thursday.
You should open an International House of Pancakes franchise. Pancakes for lunch everyday.

Mmmmm. Pancakes...

Actually, what does the name Paradox Interactive come from?