• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Asian Pearl
A Filipino AAR

Part IX

The Filipino-Muslim Wars
After Makassar got integrated into The Philippines war with our Muslim neighbours never seemed far away. Countless raids from Malacca and Brunei eventually turned into full-scale wars, when our armies fought man to man they soon reaized their error and turned to guarilla-style fighting. This too turned out to be useless since the Philippine army easily avoided them and focused on attacking cities and forts. War was waged on and off over decades, in the early 1620's Brunei was annexed and Malacca driven away from Sumatra.

A Greater Nation

In Manila the nobles had changed their attitude towards our nation, no longer should anyone, inside or outside our borders, consider us weak. After all, we where now the unchallanged power of the Pacific Ocean. Our traders where superior, and every month brought home more money then many nations make in a full year. But it was the navy and army that was the great pride of our nation, it had been completely unbeaten for almost 40 years! Now with Sumatra and Borneo under full control our nobles, and people, felt a great sence of pride. And that's not all, during the last 30 years a great colonization had begun of Australia, bringing home gold and jewels.
finkarta2jr3.jpg

The Third Emperor
Juann I had now been dead for a long time, the regency council was pleased to inform the world that the new king had come of age; Matthev II was to be his royal name. The New king embraced his nations increasing power, when he had seen both the conquest of Sumatra, Borneo and Austarlia he decided to crown himself Emperor over The Philiipines. A massive celebration was held in Manila, the two old emperors were however not sending any congratulations.

The Northern Threat
Taiwan is the final outpost of the filipino civilization, after that lay the small kingdom of Ryukyu, then the main Japanese islands stretch out. Enourmus riches are said to exist there, aswell as a secret gateway to heaven! Exotic fish, Chinawere and even pure gold pours through its land. Many at home considers Japan to be our greatest threat, thier massive army together with their navy makes a horrible combination. A pre-emptive strike before the Japan grows to strong might be our best option.

/not alot of screenshots today, forgot to activate the "screenshot-machine" :rofl: , sorry/

Thank you for reading
Look out for the next update!

Am i wrong when i say that Ryukyu is an Japaneese vassal? You can DOW them in order to get around the Ming guarantee!

Tjena Med Laxen said:
Am i wrong when i say that Ryukyu is an Japaneese vassal? You can DOW them in order to get around the Ming guarantee!
I don't mean to have an attitude but... yes you're wrong :)
they are a vassal of MING!!! im not ready for them yet :p

thebigboss-89 said:
I don't mean to have an attitude but... yes you're wrong :)
they are a vassal of MING!!! im not ready for them yet :p

Ouch... :p

Urcules said:
Well ... interesting option.

I've also seen Switzerland annexing a 6 prov. Milan recently, don't understand how.

To be on topic, looks like you can declare on Ryuku, but that would probably not amuse Ming, methinks :D

yeah, the version I play you can annex vassals, but only through its superior. so attacking Ryukyu would be an excellent way to get Ming march in with thier 50 000 men armies yeah! :rofl:

Asian Pearl
A Filipino AAR

Part X

The 26 Martyrs of Japan
In Japan there was a strong catholic community, some say that there were about 200 000 faithful christians living in peace on the Japanese islands. The portugese and spanish had sent jesuit missionaries there since the 1580's with great success. It was the second largest catholic community outside of the european powers reach, and it was still growing at a fast rate. But when the japanese rulers had taken everything wanted they from the jesuits, stolen all the information they could about the modern world, the once so tolerant Shogun changed, and a horrible period was to be upon the japanese catholics. In 1632 spanish galleon was stranded near Nagasaki. 26 jesuits, both spanish and japanese, were onboard. The Shogun wanted to give an example for the rest of the christian population and decided to kill them, by crucifixion. All christians now became hunted, those who refused to leave Christ was killed or tortured, oh what great martyrs they were!
christianmartyrsofnagasmk5.jpg

Japanese painting showing the 26 martyrs beeing killed

Defending Our Brothers and Sisters
News of the situation reached Manila only a couple of days after the jesuits had been crucified. The emperor covered his face with his hands, sending a small prayer while doing it; "Dear God, bless these heathens into understanding their misstake, Amen"

First, Emperor Matthev II tried diplomacy, but it only worked as a temporary protection. The Japanese had no respect for us what so ever. But soon voices from europe urged us to make an strategic military attack, even the Pope is said to have allowed such a decisson. With almost every catholic leader worth mentioning supporting him, Matthev II gave orders to attack.

The closest and most exposed provinces were Satsuma, Hizen and Bungo. These all lay on the same island, seperated from the japanese mainland. Our troops moved in, enforcing a siege on Satsuma. The strong forts (lv2) made it diffucult to storm the fortification head on, but we had time on our hands; the grand philippine navy blockaded ports and made it impossible for reinforcments and additional armies to reach us.
38pz6.jpg

The walls in Satsuma took a long time to breach

36na1.jpg

Japans main army, an force Matthev II wanted to keep as far away from his own troops as possible

The province of Satsuma was a heavily defended one since the japanese did not want us to get a foothold in japan, but that was exactly what we needed. Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months, then finally the fortress fell and our soldiers could move into the city. After the fall of Satsuma the japanese had difficulties defending, with thier main army stranded in Nagato they simply did not have enough men in order to defend properly.
37ml3.jpg

Satsuma finally fell, the beginning of the end of the war had begun

Philippine troops lay seige to Hizen, Bungo and Shikoku all of these fell within months. A siege is also started in Kii but could not be succesful since the main japanese army could reach it.
35uj3.jpg

The Philippines controls southern Japan

In every city and major village our soldiers entered underground christians came to greet them, even though their homes had been destroyed and their church burnt they had a smile on thier face; they knew things would be better from now on.
After several years of quiet war the japanese government was destabilized by an internal affair and was forced to sign a peace treaty; a peacy treaty giving us control over the two precius provinces Satsuma and Hizen.
39sa6.jpg

It had been a long, but not bloody, war that ended with victory for The Philippines

Writers Note
"the 26 martyrs of japan" actuallt existed but the time and situation was changed to fit in to this story, if you want to learn more about the real event I can recomend this site:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-six_Martyrs_of_Japan

It is the truth that in Japan, and all over the world, christians were persecuted and had thier lives destroyed, or ended, because of thier faith. The really sad thing is that it continues to our day, In india tens of thousands of christians has been driven away from thier homes, many murdered and about 100 churces has been destroyed during last two months alone. It is truly hirrible that people are beeing persecuted because of their religion, and it is very rarely we ever hear things like this on the news. Take action and make the modern martyrs stories heard.

Read more about persucated christians in India:
http://mnnonline.org/article/11754

"Whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit; let him turn away from evil and do good; let him seek peace and pursue it."
1 peter 3:10-11​

Thank you for reading this slightly political/religius update, remember; peace and love is the way!
look out for the next update!

Nice Update, I like how you maneuvered tthe 26 Martyrs into it.

Let's hope that Japan's loss of provinces lessen that huge stack of troops they have.

That was one of your best updates yet . It made me a bit misty eyed . "There is not in the whole history of the Church a single people who can offer to the admiration of the Christian world annals as glorious, and a martyrology as lengthy, as those of the people of Japan." I must commend you in successfully liberating and defending the brethren in the faith ! Raise that cross high !

Demon1 said:
Whats the year and your techs?
I dont remember the exact year ( I play the game quite alot in advance before i post updates) but I would say about ~1630-40, and I had a 10+ tech advantage agianst the japanese hahahaha :) aswell as latin troops! (but the grafics show asian soldiers, im not sure why but Ilike it :) )

thebigboss-89 said:
I dont remember the exact year ( I play the game quite alot in advance before i post updates) but I would say about ~1630-40, and I had a 10+ tech advantage agianst the japanese hahahaha :) aswell as latin troops! (but the grafics show asian soldiers, im not sure why but Ilike it :) )
Yeah i like the asian uniforms.