• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Thandros

Ruler of Somewhere else
122 Badges
Oct 29, 2010
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings III
Asian Glory: Rise of the New Ashikaga

In Sengoku there are 3 (4 if you count the Kogo Ashikaga) Ashikaga groups or areas under there control. You have the true Ashikaga under Yoshimasa who control some land around Kyoto (or at least the Province it's in) and the Soejimo-Ashikaga under his brother Yoshimi (who control land to the South of the Ashikaga) and me who's playing the third Brother, Masatomo stuck in Izu under the Uesugi clan.

I'll Right an Update soon ok.

Chapter One: Starting from Nothing

Right Here we go. I have just one Kori and two vassals who control one each. In the short term I'd rather they both died out and the land reverted back to me. But in the short term that's not happening. The good News. I'm a Daimyo. That increase in retinue size in going to be so handy considering I have no money to fund it. So I'll not bother building one. At least since I'm on Very Easy Difficulty (as Always) I have extra cash to spend. Well 50% more so 1.5 per year extra right now since I'm Building an Inn in my only Province. Any way here's a map of what I and my vassals hold for now.

sengoku1.jpg

Ok now I send my Master of the Guard north to sow dissent in Agatsuma to help break the Uesugi apart to make life easier As at least I'll be independent If it works. Well the Nagao clan controlling an entire Kuni north of me. My master of ceremonies is improving the Village in my province as said before while my master of arms is sitting around twiddling his thumbs as there really isn't anything useful he could be doing.

sengoku2.jpg

Right it would probably be useful to give any readers who come along to understand the balance of power in terms of controlled land right now rather than explain it in a more interesting update. The Uesugi control 5 Kuni. I control Izu in the south. Just to the North of me, Sagami Kuni, Is controlled like me is controlled by a Uesugi vassal and his vassals. Beyond that Musashi is Controlled by vassals of the Nagao who I'm hoping to encourage to break away from the Clan. The Kuni beyond that, Kozuke , Is controlled by the Clan leader, A few random vassals and one kori by the Nagao. Finally Echigo is Controlled by the Uesugi clan leader's Father and his vassals. A minor but unusual occurance is that the Uesugi clan leader has a son but isn't an adult and isn't married. This "son" was born before the game started and I'm not sure if he should exist or not. Either way I've promoted him as Clan leader to try and split the Clan to my benefit.

sengoku3.jpg

I also got word back on my attempts to find my character and his son wives and I managed to get his daughter betrothed to leader of the Rokkaku clan who I'm hoping will survive the Onin war better than the Ashikaga do normally.

sengoku4.jpg

I then played to the end of the first year but as nothing else happened apart from me getting four wives for my clan leader and the betrothal of his son I'll stop writing here before I start writing something utterly point less.

loki100:Thanks, The only reason their is a focus on domestic matters is that quite simply there is nothing really that directly affects me externally except if it also affects the Uesugi or relates to my interests in the Onin war.

Chapter Two: Progress of a Sort

The Daimyo just to the north changes hand as the original Uesugi rules dies and his uncle inherits it. Considering he was only 16 at the time I find this rather surprising.

sengoku5f.jpg

This also gives a good chance to look at other elements of Clan Politcs at the moment. At this point in time Non-Uesugi vassals of the clan leader make up 51 or so % of the army. This means that even a total break away by all of this Non-Uesugi vassals gives the Clan leader a reasonable chance of brining them back into the clan, on the flip side as the kanto war continues he's going to give land first and foremost to Uesugi vassals meaning a breakaway must be peaceful or else we have little chance of survival. Their a number of Nagao vassals under the northern Uesugi Daimyo who may support a breakaway attempt by the main Nagao Daimyo whom I'm weakening the relations of with his clan lord. Regardless I'm not going to be free for quite some time it seems.

It also appears that it is raining lots in Tagata and the workers keep running for shelter everytime and I'm looking at either delays in construction or have to pay them to work in the rain. Considering that I've nothing else to spend this money on I pay them.

sengoku6.jpg

Then I finally finished building an Inn and began building a Marketplace.

Also a new son was born which is good as if I suddenly get loads of land I can give it to him to who will stay as a loyal vassal.

sengoku7.jpg

I also gain a new trait. Wroth. While traits are good what is far better is now well the Rokkaku are doing. This is good for me as we have a daughter betrothed to the Clan leader who still isn't an adult. Unfortunately this doesn't last and it can't have helped that the Shiba were taken out by the Isshiki who attacked then Subjugated them.

sengoku8.jpg

My elder son's betrothed dies at some point (At least I'm certain I got him betrothed) so I get new betrothed for him and his brother one from the Yamana and the other from the Hosokawa. But I can't remember which way round. Well it's not that Important.

sengoku9.jpg

However the rain is getting worse clearly and now there is thunder and lightening so I have to pay the workers even more to give them the courage to go outside and do the work.

sengoku10.jpg

I finish work on the Marketplace and begin work on a guild hall. At around the same time the Koga-Ashikaga are finally defeated and all the rewards go to the Uesugi vassals of the clan leader as expected. Now we may have to play a waiting game for a while.

sengoku11.jpg

As the storm finally seems to be subsiding over Tagata a Lightening strike creates mass fires doing lots of damage so I have to pay the workers extra to work night and day to catch up.

sengoku12.jpg

Also my eldest son is now 10 and needs a formal education. As both his martial and Intrigue skill levels are pathetic it makes the choice easy. Off to the master of the Guard you go.

sengoku13.jpg

I also get a opportunity to ask my Liege for more land to rule to challenge me more. Unfortunately as he is indulging in favouritism he rejects it while their are Uesugi vassals who could do with some more land. But he has promised the Nagao a new Kokujin title so maybe that's why he didn't accept it. Anyway where is he going to get the land from anyway we're not a war right now although he has been gathering honour so he may be planning one.

sengoku14.jpg

Also it appears that the Shogun Yoshimasa is dead after he died trying to defend his last castle as the enemy hordes stormed it. His Brother is now the new Shogun and the Ashikaga civil war is at an end but the Onin war continues and it looks like Hosokawa is going to be defeated in the end.

sengoku15.jpg

It also appears that after being given so much extra cash to push through the Problems that have hit construction the workers feel they must work extra hard and have so meant that the Guild hall will be finished sooner than expected.

sengoku16.jpg

I later finish the Guild hall and start building a toll booth. But then I lose me second son meaning I'll only have one son to rely on to continue the line. Not good really.

sengoku17.jpg

My other son on the other hand is clearly learning much from my master of the guard and gets a Intrigue boost.

sengoku18.jpg

My son also gained more when I paid off the master of the guard so He would take him to meet some ninjas who taught him a few minor things.

sengoku19.jpg

After this I played up to 1475 with out anything more happening.

Loki100: Well that would be a possibility if this wasn't feudal Japan. I doubt they have ever heard of Glasgow in this time period and area.

Dadarian: Thank you good luck with yours as well.

Chapter Three: Little Happens worth noting.

Oh so my master of the guard is going is going off to see those ninjas again. What do you mean you will not take my Son hasn't he already met the Ninjas. Oh these are different Ninjas don't they have like meeting to discuss contacts at any time to know who to trust. I guess not then, You're using this as a chance to extort more money off me aren't you. I Guess it is working take another ten gold then for your troubles then. He better get better at this intrigue stuff though.

sengoku20.jpg

We also finished the Toll booth so now we can charge the three people who use our non-existent road system extortionate amounts to travel around the country. We start on a courthouse to make them pay the toll even if they don't want too.

Oh goodie I've got a new replacement son. hang on what do you mean he's inbred his brother from the same mother wasn't but then again he did die rather quickly didn't he. Oh well I'll dump him on some land when I've some to give out. I'm estimating around 29813 I'll have more land at this rate. The sea might have dried up by then. I decide to marry him off to a Nagao girl to try and convince them I'm uber cool and worthy of being the Next Shogun. There Not convinced apparently.

sengoku21.jpg

My son has clearly learned some more uses of his growing cunning including the one that says that whatever is honourable is not a good Idea for a Plotting Genius planning to take over the world or at least Japan. In other News having been disappointed by the Fight put up by there Onin War enemies the Ouchi have decided to fight each other to get a better fight as when your looking for the ultimate fight who better to fight than yourselves.

sengoku22.jpg

Having built a courthouse and filled it with bloodsucking lawyers to rip off as many people as possible by suing them for nonsense reasons like wearing a random colour hat or going outside at the wrong time of day or briefly stopping for a breather while working on the farms. Now we begin working on a road system that we can actually toll people for using.

My son it seems is becoming so cunning that he could be said to be more cunning than a extra cunning fox with a degree in cunning form the cunningville university of Uber cunning who has taken drugs designed to make them more cunning. At least that's what the court Propagandists are saying to visitors to the court. These boasts are clearly part true if even one nineteenth of the tales are true.

sengoku23.jpg

It turns out that not only is my master of the guard great at fleecing money off me some ninjas have gone and taught my son to do it as well. I got suspicious after My master of the guard told me he want to take him to another set of Ninjas but this time in China so they needed money to take a boat there to meet with them. I then promptly spot him sneaking around the castle trying not to be noticed. I then found most of the Money I'd given him to see Chinese Ninjas in his room and figured that at least my master of the guard was doing his job well enough.

sengoku24.jpg

It now seems my son has been convinced that honour is a thing that only old nobles and weak leaders worry about and that strong leaders need not worry about there honour being tainted as they can convince less lords to do stuff for them and then take the blame for all of it even if they did nothing. I don't know why I never thought of this it's a great Idea.

sengoku25.jpg

I now have a second daughter as well who I married off to the heir of someone very important and in no way did I betroth her to the heir of a minor land owner who's the vassal of a clan on what looks like the losing side of a civil war. Nope never did that.

sengoku26.jpg

I now seems that my son has finished his education and has become so good that he can use ancient Ninja techniques to hid in plain sight without anyone noticing him. I've had to have words with him after this resulted in several people become injured after walking into him and still not realising he was there. While this isn't good the fact he has learnt such a move fills me with pride.

sengoku27.jpg

He rather swiftly comes out with his first son from one of his four wifes taking just fourteen months to produce a heir. Nope nothing at all unusual with that. This time I being utterly serious.

sengoku28.jpg

He then gets a second son 6 months later by a different wife which isn't strange at all. He then decides to name him after his me. Let's hope he turns out better than I did as I have rubbish stats.

sengoku29.jpg

The stupid and Idiotic...wait I mean wise and intelligent leader of the Uesugi has decided in all his stupid....I mean wisdom to attack the Northern Clan of Mogami despite the Fact they can will only get one province. If he's so wise why doesn't he know that attacking such a small nation while it's already under attack and has lots of mountains in the way is not a good idea.

sengoku30.jpg

Well we finished the Road network so now our lawyers can move around twice as quick and so do twice as many cases making lots of extra cash for us. We then start building a Windmill which sound like some sort of torture device which we can use to extract money from rich people.

My son now gets a daughter. There is nothing else interesting to say about this fairly random event So I'll just say nothing else about this unless it leads on to something far more interesting that has a major impact on the the course of this AAR in the nearby future.

sengoku31.jpg

Big News the main part of the Onin war is over as the Hosokawa is defeated and they all flee to my court apparently after flipping a coin toss between me In Izu Province or Inuits in Siberia which is somewhere to the north of us I think over the sea and far away. Also the Yamana decide they have had enough of fighting for now and the remainder of the Onin war will likely be won by what's left of Hosokawa's allies in the east as Toki are attacked from all sides and defeated leaving little left to oppose their attacks.

sengoku32.jpg

My son gets yet another daughter. It looks like he's churning them out like rabbits. Well maybe just a bit slower and in slightly smaller numbers.

sengoku33.jpg

Right also the last of the Free Ashikaga are defeated leaving me as the last hope for the Ashikaga Shogunate to be restored to it's former power. No pressure then.

sengoku34.jpg

It also appears that the Uesugi Clan leader has had lessons in redistributing Blame to other People as he has made my vassal blame me for not paying him for the Supposedly untrained peasants I neither raised, Ordered Him to raise or actually saw in Battle. Thanks a lot Uesugi.

sengoku35.jpg

Another Daughter is born to my son giving more credence to the crackpot theory that he has rabbit genes in him which are boosting his reproductive capabilities. Whatever these Genes are they sound like an item of Clothing to me.

sengoku36.jpg

Then It turns out that the Vassal who didn't like me for not rewarding him for the warriors I never used has died off and now his Son has come along to join the party and that's one less person I have to kill off to get the land to return to me.

sengoku37.jpg

I then reach a crisis Point. My banks are all full and unless I get more land to build more banks on I'll soon have nowhere to store all my cash and I'll be vulnerable to having it stolen by every man and his dog. So I ask for more land to build more banks to hold more money so I can gather more money. the Uesugi Leader laughs at my letter telling me to use wasteland to build extra banks to hold money. I was this close to getting more land for me and I blew it. Better Luck next time.

sengoku38.jpg

It appears news of my overly full banks holding my money has gotten to my construction workers who have decided to reduce the burden by fleecing me of my cash. I wonder I my son or my master of the Guard has been teaching them. They refuse to work it a light rain shower until they are paid more cash or the rain stops. I figure I might as well spend cash on something.

sengoku39.jpg

Right I then Play to the End of the year with nothing else of Note Occurring.

Sorry but there Will not be an update this weekend. My computer has gone kaboot and will not turn on at all. IF it can't be repaired so it runs again then This will continue but if not it's likely that I'll have to cancel this. OK IF it does get working again then it'll likely be next weekend for the next update at the earliest.

sorry but there will not be an update this weekend. My computer has gone kaboot and will not turn on at all. If it can't be repaired so it runs again then this will continue but if not it's likely that i'll have to cancel this. Ok if it does get working again then it'll likely be next weekend for the next update at the earliest.

nooooooooooooooooooooo!

We live in a world full of doom and gloom with Bad news round every corner. So now for some good news. My computer is now working again and the Save game is in the folder and I'm hoping it's fine. Should be there was only a problem with the power supply which shouldn't affect memory should it.

Well, as long as the memory remains "cookie to who gets the reference"

Hope your computer is feeling better soon :D

Dadarian: My computer is totally fine now. As for the reference all I can figure out it might be is a reference to a 1990s song by Metallica (go Internet)

Chapter Four: Onwards and Upwards

To start with we finish building the Windmill but unfortunately it's not an elaborate torture device but can only ground grain into flour, but since we have no grain it is therefore useless to us. But it is attracting hapless peasants towards the area to have a look bringing more money as they have to pass the tool booths. We begin building a Geisha District in order to use it to get money out of the wealthy merchants in the region.

Also It seems my recent behaviour has been in line with the way of warrior despite not having any troops to command yet or ever fought a battle. Clearly the way of warrior doesn't mean you have to be a warrior.

sengoku40.jpg

Ahh now to pick someone to educate my inbred second son. Since My master of the guard just takes money off me and My sons diplomacy stat is too high to waste improving it through education I'll go martial and hope he gets enough to become a great general. (not likely with just 1 martial right now.)

sengoku41.jpg

In another attempt to get more land I claim recent population growth in my region is massively higher than other regions and so I need more land to dump extra peasants but since they are refusing to be on land owned by anyone else they will not leave my territory unless they are going to another of my territories. Once again he laughs in my face at what he calls feeble excuses.

sengoku42.jpg

My second son and my master of the arms start engaging in unarmed fights and my son trashes him in four different fights I see which boosts his martial skill from terrible to abject. So no army command for you any time soon then.

sengoku43.jpg

The Uesugi leader decides that attacking the Takeda when they have already lost much of their land is a good Idea. I on the other don't think so and tell him he'll gain little from this pointless war he doesn't believe me convinced that the Takeda hold lots of territory in central Japan unknowing that everyone and their dog is looking how to divide it up to favour themselves.

sengoku46.jpg

At this point we finish building a Geisha District which quickly becomes a front for a number of crime gangs who are robbing banks in nearby provinces and giving all the money to me. Good times. We begin building a castle as we hear that castle vaults make good places to hide stolen gold.

We also decided to begin plotting against our Uesugi overlords and as we can't exactly break free by ourselves we hope to get plotters to join our plot to overthrow them and become free. It doesn't work.

sengoku48.jpg

We again try to claim more land this time working on the principle that as our clan leader is at war then he'll get more land. But if he owns too much land his workers will be unhappy and rebel against him. We say that as loyal vassals who only serve his interests he could give us some of that land to rule in his name. He tells us he has many vassals and courtiers telling him that everyday and that he'll decide when he give out land himself.

sengoku49.jpg

It also turn out our master of ceremonies has brought in a new workforce manager to help build the castle we're building who kills anyone who doesn't seem to be working hard enough by ripping out there heart with his bare hands and then throwing it to some fearsome pet bears. Cruel this may be but even the rumour he may be coming to the province has spurned the workers to build the castle much faster.

sengoku50.jpg

We finish building the Castle but it turns out that while it provides storage space for looted gold it doesn't protect it very well so we begin building an earthwork and Palisade to protect it.

We also send our master of ceremonies into the countryside with a large number of thugs to steal money as "taxes" for the government. We use this to begin building a might army for myself which is big and powerful and no one has anything as big as it.

sengoku51.jpg

It appears that robbing banks and stealing money from peasants is not part of the way of the Warrior and so many no longer consider me to be following it. Well that's just great no wonder no one follows the way of the warrior in Japan then.

sengoku52.jpg

We also begin to try to assassinate the Uesugi leader and send three different Ninja clans at all of which fail utterly and in the Process one of the ninjas from one of the Clans Is captured so now he knows we hate his guts.

sengoku53.jpg

It then seems the Uesugi Daimyo Sadamasa is making a play for power inside the Uesugi Clan and sends us a gift to help him oppose the Uesugi clan leadership.

sengoku55.jpg

We work out with the news of those assassination attempts will mean he'll soon discover the plot I tried to get going and failed utterly. It's abandoned before it's found out about by the Uesugi leader.

sengoku56.jpg

I then Get invited to a new plot to take over the Uesugi Leadership by Sadamasa but he fails to gather additional support in the short term leaving me wondering where this is going.

sengoku57.jpg

Then Our enemies the Takeda get another civil war (they started in the middle of one) Severly restricting the spoils of the war with the Takeda.

sengoku59.jpg

Deciding that the Takeda didn't give them enough land Our leader attacked the Ogasawara seeking to grab their land swiftly and with ease. This should give them enough land to give me some hopefully.

sengoku60.jpg

Then If only to add to a spate of civil wars going on the Togashi fall into civil war and as different factions attack each other. I can't tell who'll be the final Victor in the Onin war which is still raging but right now it doesn't matter as it's only a couple of minor factions in the way things are so the result doesn't matter apart from the Yamana Are massive and will prove difficult to take out.

sengoku62.jpg

And that'll be the end of this Update come back next time.

@Thandros, the cookie is yours :) exactly the reference.

Also, keep up the good work, maybe your plot will turn out better then mine.

Dadarian: Thank you for this (Insert Cookie type here) Cookie

Chapter Five: At Last Real Progress

To start off with theirs A landslide in Tagata, but rather than slowing down construction it speeds it up. It redirects a nearby river to fill up the Castle's moat which was almost finished being built at the time. This allows construction to begin faster on a Proper Stone wall to be guarded to repel enemy attacks.

sengoku65.jpg

Over the next year I became more content with My pathetic lot in life as an ignored small time ruler of a backwater province. I also got wounded in an abortative battle against some numerically superior rebels. Then I order the construction of a Irrigation system to bolster cash flow.

sengoku69.jpg

Later On after building a Castle wall and Gateway as well as a tower keep and leaving the useless plots of my fellow vassals I ask the Uesugi leader to grant me more lands as He has shown excessive favouritism which has proven the death kneel to may who came before him including the Emperor as Favouritism help collapse the Kemmu restoration years ago. This time having been convinced that I was telling the truth he sent a reply stating that the next title would be given to me.

sengoku73.jpg

It turns out that my Master of Ceremonies has taken the Opportunity of being sent to Tagata province as an opportunity to take money off me. This will not stand but he's too good to execute so'll just take a pile load of money off of him.

sengoku76.jpg

The Uesugi Leader then attacks the Hatakeyama who are in the Middle of the civil war. It also turns he's attacked the wrong one as he has gone after the weak Hataketama rather than the much stronger one. I send ninjas after him to dishonour him and make him commit Seppuku but they fail and are caught.

sengoku79.jpg

It then turns out the Master of Cremonies is being highly lenient on a number of taxes I sent him to collect like taxes for having glass windows or for having Sheep or cattle as Livestock. Both these bring in no money anyway so I decided to let him go on this point.

sengoku80.jpg

Oh dear I appear to be dead now now Urk..... Dad gone it seems oh well he was sixty something so it's not too surprising now onto the next order of business It seems those Guard towers are now finished.

sengoku82.jpg

This looks like a bit of a bug My two sons who are older than 10 are now getting their Education events, Oh well.

sengoku84.jpg

Oh look A bunch of Rebels have taken over a Uesugi Province in the North. How many did you sat there were. Right This is looking bad for us there are a lot of rebels and we don't have the forces to beat them. Let's hope they stay nice and still.

sengoku86.jpg

Ah ha Victory more land for me Aomi is now mine.Victory everlasting. We'll build this province as great as Tagata. It also seems the other Hatakeyama have collapsed into a bunch of disorganised rebels. Well easy land for me then.

sengoku88.jpg

It seems like one of my councillors is acting strangely so I get him to explain what's going on. It turns out that absolutely nothing that affects me is what's going on.

sengoku89.jpg

We take a second province from rebels next to our first province we captured. Things are on the up I'm telling you man this is going great.

sengoku90.jpg

While watching my eldest son beating up my master of arms I get told I'm going to gain the ownership of Kamo province from the Clan leader. This is not only a great honour but also a Big one+ for my ambitions to break from the Clan at some point.

sengoku91.jpg

It seems that Kamo workers are 43% more efficient than normal Japanese workers and so the construction will be finished far earlier than expected.

sengoku92.jpg

Then my eldest son went with my master of the Arms to a province to see how castles were built and ended up beating up a bunch of peasants who didn't like the Castle.

sengoku93.jpg

Then the Uesugi leader decides to attack the Biggest clan on the Map the Yamana. Oh this is very very good.

sengoku94.jpg

Why is this a good idea you may ask. Well the Yamana not only have less troops than we do but also there getting dogpiled by what can only be a massive all fronts plot against them which has done some damage and had some successes but now the Uesugi are going to roll on in and smash the Yamana and become the biggest clan in Japan.

sengoku95.jpg

Ah now my youngest son has reached the age of ten and will again be taught the art of fighting as he has trash Martial skill.

sengoku97.jpg

And now there is another delay due to weather and this time it's not an attempt to steal from me workers have died in savage storms which have flung wood around and smashed workers heads in. I happily pay for replacement workers. I also begin building a spear maker in Tagata Province ( Guild and Religious buildings are the only ones your going to hear about from now on ok)

sengoku98.jpg

It also appears while besieging the Kyoto Stand in that Yamana troops appeared from thin air and maimed by Leader. That's not fair kill normal troops during sneak attacks don't try to kill the leader himself instead.

sengoku99.jpg

Now If all goes to plan I should take rich pickings from this War with the Yamana and be able to break free and bring down the Uesugi clan and creat my own to replace it.

Loki100: Thanks again

Sorry for the Delay in Updating I really haven't got round to writing an update for a while.

Chapter Six: Land Grab

First Up we're at war with the Yamana and only the Yamana right. No wait wrong it appears two small clans in the east think they can take us on. The Oyama and the Satomi, The Oyama will be swiftly conquered by our forces, the Satomi will be a persistent problem for much longer.

sengoku101.jpg

Soon we'll be taking more land from the Yamana to expand our power base Wahahaha. No wait we don't even have to wait to get land our Stupid Clan leader is willing to give us some anyway. His failure I guess. It's a nice well developed Province too.

sengoku102.jpg

Wow He is truly gullible as even my pathetic claim that he needed to give more land to loyal vassals like me won him round to promise more land to me even though to take more land would only case problems. Man I could probably fleece him for enough land to make myself Independent.

sengoku104.jpg

He then Promptly responds by giving me a nice province in the Middle of Japan for me to give to my vassals. Man this is way too easy. I thought he would realise that just because on paper I like him doesn't mean I actually do. This is too easy Lets see how much Power I can get a hold of.

sengoku105.jpg

Well any way now to do some land Grabs of my own since If I get there before a main Clan Field army I can use said field Army to do most of the Hard work storming castles while still getting the Land. I'm able to grab both Uji and Shimashino of the Yamana and the Clan leader still thinks I'm totally loyal. He even promises me even more land. This is getting incredulous.

sengoku110.jpg

Then Even more good News it turns out that a rockslide in Nukata made rocks fall in such a way that it helped finish the Castle wall 30 days earlier. It was either that or Hamsters and Dogs came out of the Trees to help build the walls faster. I think the first way is slightly more likely.

sengoku111.jpg

Then the Land grab speeds up to full pace with Nishinari, Inagawa and Kawabe taken from Yamana for Myself And then the Uesugi Leader offers another Title for me the northern Province of Yama. Hmm he's clearly learning and he thinks giving me a distant northern Province will not strengthen me too much. He may well be right I will not be able to defend that province well should I have to fight to break free from the Control of the Uesugi and so It will make them stronger. On the flip side it will also make me Stronger and so I might be able to break free bloodlessly if I'm strong enough to force him to back down from fighting me. Time will tell.

sengoku115.jpg

Sensing that he's getting wise to me I start planning to break free again Hoping my increases strength encourages others to join me in my bid for independence from the Uesugi Clan. However I've problems of my own my Inbred Brother is now a pretender to my titles and it's going well for him as right now If I die now He'll get the Daimyo title for Izu a Disaster Although he's unlikely to have a son to succeed him and since he doesn't have one now it'll pass back to my son after he dies although He'll likely make a mess of My well though out plans. Regardless a round of Gifts to vassals may remove his support and if that fails I've got the Gold to Hire Ninjas to do him in. It doesn't matter if they fail anyway he will not be rebelling against me since you can't rebel against vassals of the clan leader only if you are the vassal of the Clan leader. This situation requires deeper thought.

sengoku117.jpg

I also take Nose, Ittou, Issai and Aki from the Yamana and Begin building a Spearmaker in Nakata Province but Yamana armies attacking my provinces in the rear and the delay thi enforces means I'm unlikely to get any more out of this particular war. There will always be another. Any way some one might well plot to attack the Uesugi Clan which could give me an opening to Break Free from their hold on me.

Loki100: Well for every problem there is a solution. Often Ninjas are the best solution dead me aren't problems.

Sorry for another Long Delay I've kinda been busy so Here's another Update.

Chapter Seven : Bravery is Useless if You can't lift your sword.

It Appears My Brother of Mine is going beyond simply Trying to Claim my title off my Rightful Heir he's even sending half Competent Ninjas to set fires. They never said he sent them but I know he did. The Main culprit pretended to be a chef and another a local Craftsmen while others were workers for the other two. After it I needed to pay for extra workers to finish the Job in Time. I'll have my brother's head for this.

sengoku_121.jpg

Ninjas you must go and kill this man. Yes he's my brother and he is evil. He has had people killed on a whim and slaughtered thousands of peasants simply for being there. Killing him will make everyone happier. Later I found out that they had tried to kill him by throwing rocks at him. Fortunately they causes a landslide in the Process which did kill him. One more problem out the way.

sengoku_122.jpg

Then I Try to Claim a new title using another pathetic Excuse. This time I claim I've heard rumours that several of his other powerful vassals are plotting against him and that he should give more land to me rather than them to ensure his power base is strong enough to oppose them. He seems to be well informed by personal ninjas enough to laugh at me and tell me none of his vassals are plotting against him.

sengoku_123.jpg

Then We began attacking the Satomi to finish off the war in the region with them. I took Chiba and then fought a great battle near a small bridge clearly. Somehow despite their being few enemy archers I was called brave and given the Name Arrow cutter by some of My men for A Charge I did when I might have cut an arrow in half while fighting an archer. Well it's good anyway.

sengoku_124.jpg

I then Try again to convince the Clan Leader trying to show proof of Plots against him by his vassals in several dubious conversations I made up just before meeting him. He again laughed in my face claiming he was certain there were no plots against him. He and his successor die within the Next 3 years but that simply may be old ages. He was in his 60s and his successor was older than him I think. Oh well the later two Clan leaders have been less popular as I've seen a few maybes to joining my plot. Maybe soon Their will be a real opportunity to become Independent.

sengoku_125.jpg

Then We take Isami but then I get Pneumonia and that isn't very nice. It means the Martial Bonus from being brave goes away and Now I'm more likely to die soon. Not good a trait to have I suppose it's not supposed to be. Oh well maybe I'll get better eventually or maybe I will not get better. We'll have to see.

sengoku_126.jpg

Then It seems that the Owners or Kuni next to mine are paying their workers less and in two regions some workers turn up to work for less than the normal workers. I Hire them and Lower all the wages so it costs just as much. It helps speed up construction in those regions but the workers leave when the Projects are finished. I also Take control of Nagasa and Heguri and then Build a Spear maker in Kamo.

sengoku_128.jpg

It then Turns out that the Ikko Ikki have got guns. How nobody else has guns so Someone who has guns has been going around our back to give them to our worst enemy. This is a disater we must fight them to find out about there guns and then they worked out how to build more of them. Soon our forces will be running in panic from massed ranks of gun weilding Angry Peasants. We're doomed. No wait the Ikko Ikki don't leave there own Regions so as long as they don't spawn in My lands I'm fine I guess.

sengoku_129.jpg

It seems this new clan leader has some interesting views on How to organise Dimplomacy. He makes peace with the Yamana and then attacks the Nagusa-Sue who are Fighting a Civil war with the Sue . Fortunately I was well placed with my retinue and some recently Hired Rohin. They make useful extra troops to back up by normal Retinue as I can't raise any levies. Maybe I'll go beyond 22% of Clan power I currently hold and become powerful enough to wage war for independence.

sengoku_130.jpg

Soon I'll be ready to strike against my erstwhile masters. Until Then I must gather allies and land to prepare to fight for the New Ashikaga