• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
~I The 2nd War to end all wars I~
1941-1944

Richard Reynolds is the name, but my boys call me "Rich Ray"

After we whip'ed them Canadians back in the War of Annexation, I retired for a bit to my lounge in the newly given property of Quebec City or as I call the city, "Key-beck City". The world was becoming a better place, at least here in America: Canada is now part of our nation, most of Central America is under control in the form of the state of "Centralia" and our military power is almost comparable to that of the Kaiser! These are indeed good times here in America. Shame we still got this Great Depression going on here...at least it is starting to all come back to us:

BdWmkgu.jpg

That specific nation is now nothing more than a minor after from what I heard the Persians and Indians whip'ed them into obscurity.

Our national think-tank is starting up research on carrier battle group. As might as our Army is, our navy is a laughing matter (even if it is better than the Germans.) My buddy Eugene Cooper is Admiral of the Atlantic Fleet, and he tells me his ships are as good as new, but he wished he'd have more ships to serve the navy more effectively. I don't blame FDR for not giving him what he wants. The last thing he needs is more money being spend on something that we might not even use in the world. Apparently though, he thought it was a good idea to ally with France, a F.A.S.C.I.S.T country with no democracy what so ever. I think that is very un-American, but then again, I am merely a General, and politics is not my game. At least one good thing happened:

GgDkoJF.jpg

Darn you Wilhelm! You made our boys die for NOTHING!

It was like FDR said the same thing, cause 2 months later, we lost one of our puppet states, and a important one too.

dK2T3ZG.jpg

FDR said it was actually a good thing, cause now we can justify to completely annex them.

The think tank is now researching on Aircraft carriers apparently. I guess someone though it was a good idea to put them "airplanes" and launch them from a ship....actually, that's not a bad idea after all. We also found out the Dutch are no longer part of the "Big 8" as I like to call them and got replaced by the Italians. At least they didn't go fascist, but then again they also have a King of Italy. A few months later, we got a telephone call from the French military Consul Bernard Achille that their nation has -get this- declared war on the German Empire to reclaim what was lost! They are dead as a dod-

V6bRIly.jpg

*sigh* Why does FDR even bother?

Looks like we are in the war! Our allies the Soviets have also joined in, giving the Germans a 2-front war, just like the last one, but this time the Germans have the Japanese in Asia and in the Pacific, so now us and the Soviets have to deal with 2 fronts as well...ugh I hate logistics. So we found out the Chinese have also declared war against Japan and is facing them and Germany, and apparently FDR uses this excuse to ally with the Chinese...I guess that works too.

9pfgFmJ.jpg

I'm no good in Chinese, but I came up with this greeting: Knee How. (Means "Hello" in Chinese)

So while the Frenchies and the Russkies fight out the Germans, my chief-of-staff of the Armies in the eastern seaboard Robert G. Calhoun suggested we land our armies in Europe while the Kaisers armies are busy in the Soviet Union and France. The question was, where? I mentioned invading Greenland from Denmark (who was an ally of the Kaiser) and from there invade Denmark itself and on to Northern Germany. Seems Calhoun liked my idea and sent in Luke to invade.

jyVtL2U.jpg

Luke Wallace is a fellow "West Pointer" as I call my buds who graduated from there.

Godthab was occupied in 8 days flat thanks to our airplanes being able to access the snowy and frozen terrain where our regular troops could not make it. In the meantime, FDR has the think-tank work on a new protect code-named "The Manhattan Project" which is just making "Nuclear Weapons" which apparently have the power to destroy....a whole lot of things. (I'd say it all, but the effects are apparently classified...) So anyways, my Corps landed in Denmark and started occupying one of the Danish Islands near Copenhagen.

I27AkvE.jpg

One of my men made sure that we raided a Danish pastry shop to get one of them Danish pastries we have been hearing from German ads lately.

Meanwhile, Cooper caught the Danish Fleet in Oresund and engaged their fleet.

hWjGf8J.jpg

Whip'em!

We then managed to catch up with one of the German Armies who for some odd reason did not bother to bring any artillery or mech with them...

Ks2QXdt.jpg

The battle was faster than I expected to go, and the Germans were losing 2,000 men a day....

Cooper won the day when some last minute Soviet Naval forces came in to assist.

35jzR4J.jpg

mhmm

Our men whip'ed the Germans at Aabenraa and sent August packing for Berlin apparently!

dET9iya.jpg

Indeed sire, they were whip'ed good.

Our occupation of Denmark forced them out of the war, and for good,

WRHp8LD.jpg

Their monarch was not pleased.

More Corps of the US arrived in our new landing zone and began the slow process of marching to Berlin to show the Kaiser we mean it when we say we want France to get back what was once theirs.

ym2rizF.jpg

Pictured: Some of our men fighting more Germans.

Unforgettably during the course of the war, the German navy manged to escape Europe and land in a small German force on Cape Brenton Island. Truly an embarrassment for the administration, but our armies whip'ed them on the spot, along with the navy that transported those Germans there.

a6ie5Pu.jpg

A brother-in-law lives there and he said he saw a Panzer-class tank roll into his backyard and had to hide the family in a bunker they so happened to have.

The good news that came from the war was that the great depression ended! Huzzah for American efficiency!

o7GB7xU.png

My money was returned after the bank committed suicide.

Our armies in the meantime were doing a good whip of the German forces there, occupying a lot of territory in the North.

0LkcGdL.jpg

Our boys are winning, that's for sure

France though was having a lot of trouble: their country was occupied in Europe under the iron fist of General Adolf Hitler and the government-in-exile had to launch a propaganda campaign to boast moral in the country. "Free French" forces were working inside occupied-France to attempt to harass occupying German forces there. The Soviets in the meanwhile were doing their best to fight off a German invasion of their land in the west and a Japanese invasion of Siberia. FDR decided that the situation was too dangerous for American forces to continue operations, and he made us start withdrawing. After a new negotiations with the Imperial Government, they struck up a deal that had the Germans give us their insignificant colony in South America in return for peace. The Germans needed to get rid of the colony anyways.

gK3FWWX.jpg

So much for freedom and democracy, eh?

The think-tank soon started researching Public Road Transit-system. FDR decided that we can not just watch the Germans just own Europe, we so decided to fund the French and Soviet war efforts by giving them in total $600 in aid every day for they are in the war. Unforgettably, this would not be enough, for soon afterwords, the Germans forced a rather harsh peace on France....

9Xr5irs.jpg

There goes France....

So now the Kaiser rules supreme in Europe with an iron fist and we only have the communist Soviets and the directional Chinese as allies to oppose the new superpower in the word....I was surprised, but not superseded at the same time. The French should of known that a war with the Germans would prove to be their demise, but as they are, they were too proud of it. Now we have 2 World Wars, 2 times the Germans whip'ed the world, and 2 times we managed to get away with out losing anything....so I am right when 1944 would not be the year of their liberation...

We will get our revenge someday, and hopefully someday will be very soon.

(//That's all for this update. Hope this was a good taste of warfare. :) )

Last edited:
How is hitler as a general?

There goes France indeed...

mhmm....France must be liberated!

How is hitler as a general?

In rl, Hitler was part of a regiment from Bavaria in ww1, and when Germany lost, he got radical with the loss of Germany in ww1 and would eventually bring the Nazis to power. Here though, because Germany won ww1, he does not go radical, and one could assume he continues the military path and eventually becomes a German General for the Kaiser.

wow that Germany is huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so when are you planning on doing something about that? by the way only just read this AAR and it's awesome good job i look forward to seeing what happens next

In rl, Hitler was part of a regiment from Bavaria in ww1, and when Germany lost, he got radical with the loss of Germany in ww1 and would eventually bring the Nazis to power. Here though, because Germany won ww1, he does not go radical, and one could assume he continues the military path and eventually becomes a German General for the Kaiser.

no i asked for his stats

It is truly most interesting to see Kaiserreich here in Victoria 2! Fine job, fine job! But Germany is becoming an un-tamable phoenix even after your rather generous peace with them. Time to export democracy back to Europe! :p

Unless you're getting reading for a tri-polar Cold War! :eek:

no i asked for his stats

Honestly, I just made up the name of Hitler there, for the sake of historicalness. I have no idea about the German Generals in France, cause I was too busy dealing with my own front in Northern Germany.

wow that Germany is huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so when are you planning on doing something about that? by the way only just read this AAR and it's awesome good job i look forward to seeing what happens next

I'll try to liberate France somehow, but I know they are allied with most of Europe and the Pacific power Japan, so that will prove to be a challenge. Then again, I'm allied to the Soviets and the Chinese, so they could help tip the scales a bit.

Wow, Germany will have to be...dealt with.

Indeed they will have to be dealt with. America will whip'em back to a government of the people, by the people and for the people!

It is truly most interesting to see Kaiserreich here in Victoria 2! Fine job, fine job! But Germany is becoming an un-tamable phoenix even after your rather generous peace with them. Time to export democracy back to Europe! :p

Unless you're getting reading for a tri-polar Cold War! :eek:

'Merica! Yep, we are talking about a cold war against the Germans with the irony of having the communist Soviet Union as allies.

'Merica! Yep, we are talking about a cold war against the Germans with the irony of having the communist Soviet Union as allies.

The Soviets were our allies against the Chinese in the Fallout series! Plus, it's not that far fetched. Even if its alternative history, a certain President that was elected 4 times helped out the SU a lot in their war with Germany! :p

It certainly would provide for an interesting geopolitical situation. Certainly more out of necessity than some heartfelt compassion for a reset button with the communists (like it was naively assumed by FDR and the New Dealers).

Alright, new update is going to come out. I had to take a break cause of the 4th of July Weekend and stuff, plus I had some consulting with my writing fellow as to how the next update would be written.

~I Living in a post-world war nightmare I~
1944-1952

Well, talebearers....

Yeah, the names Jack Travis, and I'm not much for words, but what I can say is that de'm lands up in Canada sure make good places for fellow Texans such as myself. The new Minimum Wage act made the Wage low, but at least better than the one we had before.

vwLaZhU.jpg

Yep, tis where my family lives. We all revere our great grandfather William Travis, martyr of the Alamo. Also OIL!

So the national "think tank" started researching "international protocols" apparently. Man, after WW2, our world really needs a moment of peace. Not since the days of the War for the North have we seen conflict on such a wide scale, and now with the Frenchies stuck under the thumb of the German Kaiser..Emperor...whatever, they are the largest power in the World, almost beating the China country in population! Meanwhile though, FDR decided we needed to redeam oursevls by taking out the last independent Central American state.

tiobTIG.jpg

Any of ya'll though it was a good idea to invade Central America than rather, you know, Mexico?

The speed of the war though is what got me. I mean, we barely passed a month and already the folks in Iberia are demanding a surrender to our troops...

n4XXv3t.jpg

FDR decided to add Costa Rica to the state of Centralia to reflect the land's former connection to the USCA.

So back near the States, I found out that apparently, the quote and quote "Native" Anglo Canadian populations were getting a bit uppity with these new thoughts about "Human Rights" and stuff like that. Frankly, they can go back to the Brits if they can, otherwise they need to learn that us Yankee, Dixie and Texan folks are in charge now! Their time cozening up with the Reds are over, and now we have gotten what we so desired since the war of 1812. One of these Anglo Canadians apparently got arrested due to nationalist activities and stuff. The runt got what he deserved.

i4LSj4Z.jpg

The guys name is apparently William Lyon Mackenzie King, or as I call him, "Big Mac"

The think tank thingy started researching more stuff like Modern Chenque and Revamped Light Weaponry and even this new idea about harvesting "natural gas" from the earth. As far as I knew, they were things I could care less about, but what I did care about knowing was the new act signed into legislation, called the "Acceptable Minimum Wage Act" which made the wage even better, but only to a point. Meanwhile it seemed, the Germans had other ideas.

4v3fJNn.jpg

Gosh, for the Germans to beat the Chinese, that is really something, huh.

Every since WW2, the German Empire has been a powerhouse. Already, with France, they rule Europe. It's only a matter of time before they invade our allies the Russian commies, or as Washington calls them, "The Soviet Union". Which ever way, they are our only buddies there in Europe to keep them from dominating all of Europe. Our think tank, in the meanwhile, went to Evolutionary Economics (is that even a thing?)....anyways, Harry S. Truman got elected President of the US, and he started things off with a bang...to Columbia of all places.

1zRtdUY.jpg

Truman wanted the Canal to be protected in both the West and the East of the boundaries of the canal.

Like most wars now a-days, it was so quick I don't even bother explaining most of it, cause the airplanes and the tanks and even the infantry advance at such a fast rate. At least I found out the Irish government finally was turned into a Republican one and The Brit's own King George VI gave away his position as a King. He was the King of Ireland for a while after the General Strike of 1925 kicked out the Royal government from London and established the Workers Commonwealth.

rWxeyhG.jpg

I'm gonna take a shot that Big Mac came from Thurmond.

....and just in under a month, Columbia surrendered. Just a disappointing and quick end to the war. We need more land ya'll!

iL3B02E.jpg

Truman decided to let Panama be its own separate state in the Union due the importance of its position with the Canal.

At least he managed to also annex our little rouge state of the Dominican Republic. The place broke free before ww2 and managed to stay neutral, but now we had to bring them back into the fold. Once more, airplanes and tanks carried the day.

SfUKsbT.jpg

It felt more like a training routine gone oversize rather than an invasion.

The think tank was busy throughout the years, and to be honest, I can't blame them. At least we have a high education rate and a high literacy compared to our German counterparts who have to deal with millions of illiterate Chinese folks in their Yunnan Bundeshauptstadt or as I call them, their China-country. So friends back in Texas recently started to get a bit commie after a riot there started to turn a bit violent. Truman decided that the state militia there in Texas ought not to act upon our fellow Texans and to leave them be. To be honest, my fellow Lone-Star-ers are starting to look towards the red star for hope...

4aFR3F6.jpg

Shame Texas is not independent still.

So yeah, time is not with us. The Germans are huge, we still are hungry for land, and my dog just pooed...man, what a terrible post-world war place to live in. At least though, we got ourselves a mighty large army to try to whip the Germans any time we want. Also, France needs to get back on its feet, even if we must make them do so...

(//That's it for now folks. Sorry for the delay, but I got the job done. Woot!)

Mexico looks ugly, can you fix that please?

I could try that in one war. The thing I like about the Kaiseriech mod is that your able to completely annex any country, no matter how many states they have, by using the "Completely annex country" clauses beli", but at the cost of potentially going over your infamy limit (cause the infamy level you could potentially gain, if caught, is at a whooping 30.) That's what Germany did to France as we all saw.

A merry dystopia you are portraying here

It is looking like the Cold War is going to be a three way between the Soviet Union, German Empire and the United Countries of America.

A merry dystopia you are portraying here

Thanks! This world would obviously not be one that we would want to live today. Having the Germans own land that's not even German is one thing, but at least we can be safe that Hitler will never be coming to power in this world. Still though, the US is pretty cornered in world politics at this point, with them, the Germans and the Soviets. China is still a world power even at this point, but they are not what they used to be thanks to wars with the German empire (like we saw) and the Japanese. I'm not much for spoilers, but we can thank the Chinese folks as they about to make this Dystopia a Horrorstopia.

It is looking like the Cold War is going to be a three way between the Soviet Union, German Empire and the United Countries of America.

Indeed so. The US is going to have to give it its all if it still wants to be a world power.

An interesting AAR for sure! I wonder if the USA will ever be able to take on Germany. At least with the total annexation CB you can do it in one go. In any case your AAR inspired me to download and try out the Kaiserreich mod.

Well, China made at least two dystopias in the 20th century, so it would not be unprecedented.