• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Still an awesome AAR. i love the first person perspective, i may not have gotten that across before, this is one of the best aars i'v read in a while
i suck at writing but i'v always wanted to write a AAR about a fanatic purifier since i don't think anyone has ever done it before. i'd even come up with an idea about how they could have a kind of redemption when they get a chosen one who would pull a cybrex and realize that genocide is a bad idea, but then i remembered my writing is so bad that i failed English 3 times in high school.
anyone who reads this feel free to see if you can make my bizarre idea work, i'd love to see how it could be done

Last edited:
Still an awesome AAR. i love the first person perspective, i may not have gotten that across before, this is one of the best aars i'v read in a while
i suck at writing but i'v always wanted to write a AAR about a fanatic purifier since i don't think anyone has ever done it before. i'd even come up with an idea about how they could have a kind of redemption when they get a chosen one who would pull a cybrex and realize that genocide is a bad idea, but then i remembered my writing is so bad that i failed English 3 times in high school.
anyone who reads this feel free to see if you can make my bizarre idea work, i'd love to see how it could be done
Thanks man. :) I still think I will round off the AAR with the next update, as I feel I have told the most interesting story now. The following would just be me mopping up the map. And then there is the speed issue... But be assured, I will be back! :) I have written a total of 15 AARs over the last five years now, ranging from CK2 to Imperator to Stellaris, and I don't think to quit just yet. ;)

And as for your story, GO FOR IT! :D My first language is not English either, and the proof in the pudding isn't in grammar anyways, but in the quality of the story told. :)

Report on Commissary-General Ma’soumeh al-Hazmi of Velutarian Free Confederacy’s second reign
Report on Commissary-General Ma’soumeh al-Hazmi of Velutarian Free Confederacy’s second reign

(2412 - )

By Chief Chronicler Henrik Fårheus

As Commissary-General Ma’soumeh al-Hazmi again took over the reins, she inherited a war that had lasted for a whole decade and was practically won. Except the enemy didn’t give in. A cat and mouse war would last for another five years, made possible by the many fronts now existing, and smaller Bilnoc navies that was slightly faster than the Velutarian made it hard to obliterate them. But in 2417, the Bilnoc finally, after fifteen years of war, gave in and ceded all claims, in addition to becoming a vassal.

With the war finally over, the Commissary-General could at last concentrate on something she had wished for a long time for her beloved Free Confederacy; the building of megastructures wowing the galaxy and giving the Free Confederacy a prestige boost of galactic proportions. In 2419, the first stage of the first megastructure, the Science Nexus, was completed. Only 85 days later, in a neighboring system, the first stage of the Interstellar Assembly was finished. The Commissary-General was adamant that the Free Confederacy should be a leader in both science and diplomacy.

To years later, in 2421, a huge attack on the marauder menace was mounted. Well over 100k fleet power was amassed and the marauder menace was soon no more. A last blip was experienced a few months later, when a lost fleet of the marauders showed up for a virtual suicide attack on the other side of the galaxy. This last hurrah was soon no more too.

g3AD5b2.png

KSGxBIW.png

In 2422, the second stage of the Interstellar Assembly was finished. This feat, together with the winning of two wars in relative short succession, assured the Commissary-General’s reelection. The Commissary-General was by this time a beloved figure, revered on most planets of the Free Confederacy. Slogans like “The Commissary-General rule forever” was seen many places during the election. The reelection was a landslide not seen anytime before in the history of the Free Confederacy.

In 2424, the second stage of the Science Nexus was completed, and only 86 days later the first stage of the Sentry Array, created to make eventual full control over the movements of the galaxy’s various fleets, was finished. Then, only 10 days later, the third stage of the Interstellar Assembly was completed.

In 2424, the Commissary-General decided it was time for the big beasts of the galaxy to die. This year, the Automated Dreadnaught was attacked and crushed. A threat long having made the two inhabitable planets there inaccessible, was gone forever. Soon, the remains of the dreadnaught was made part of the Free Confederacy’s navy.

In 2425, the Commissary-General met her first defeat. Wanting to subjugate the Hydari Administration, all parties in the Federation wanted to go to war. Except the recently beaten Bilnoc. Due to how the Federation had been constructed long ago, all member states – them being independent or vassals – needed to agree to declare war. The rules were simply just made for a different time, a time where no one could imagine the existence of vassals to the then weak member states banding together. So there was to be no war, and the Commissary-General began plans to integrate the Bilnoc into the Free Confederacy sooner rather than later.

In 2425, the closest Fallen Empire to the Free Confederacy awoke and declared their intent to expand into former glory. They demanded the submission of the galaxy as thralls. No one came to answer. The Free Confederacy was of equal military strength to the Vhemm Restorers and declared they would not stand for aggressive expansion of the former galactic power. The Vhemm Restorers thus did not expand and just sent vague threats and demands, none of which were being answered.

In 2427, the second stage of the Sentry Array was completed. Six days later the fourth and final section of the Interstellar Assembly was finished. Ambassadors and spies from all galactic powers mingled there, and the political clout of the Free Confederacy was boosted to hitherto unheard levels.

The same year, another galactic beast was obliterated. The Stellar Devourer was in a big battle vanquished from the galaxy. In the aftermath the decision was made to try to use advanced technology to try and reignite the star that has been feasted on by the beast. It was a great success and soon one of the planets in the system transformed to a resource rich Gaia world.

2XLSovV.png

n30qjew.png

In 2427 the integration of the still huge Bilnoc was started; it was estimated it would take almost 400 months to complete the process. In time, the Bilnoc would no longer hinder the Federation from extending its reach further around the galaxy!

In 2429, the Science Nexus was finally completed, and its research contributed greatly to the advancement of the Velutarian Free Confederacy. A year later, the third and second to last section of the Sentry Array was completed, further advancing the transparency of friendly and enemy movements in the galaxy.

However, the biggest change in the Velutarian Free Confederacy’s history happened April 10th, 2430. Riding on a never-ending popularity wave, and seeing the accomplishments the Commissary-General and the prestige she had given the Velutarian Free Confederacy, a vote was made. Henceforth, the Velutarian Free Confederacy would cease to exist, and the office of Commissary-General was abolished.

In its stead, the Velutarian Empire, led by Empress Ma’soumeh al-Hazmi – long may she reign (and seeing as we Velutarian are now immortal, it might be forever) – arose. The Empire would be based on a nationalistic zeal, the mining guilds and the distinguished admirality – the latter two as the Free Confederacy before them. If the Velutarian had seen a golden age before, it would pale in comparison with the future ahead of it.

NS16tiG.png

hBbUOyp.png

m9fcSza.png

FIN

• 1Like
Reactions:
And with that I will thank all who commented and/or read this work for the ride! It has been fun, and a pleasure. :D

And another AAR complete!

Congrats finishing another AAR! 15 AARs in 5 years, now that's impressive.
@Nikolai is surely one of the more prolific writers we have.

It's a good thing @El Pip doesn't try a Stellaris AAR. At his speed can you imagine how long it would take :D

Congrats finishing another AAR! 15 AARs in 5 years, now that's impressive.
Thanks! Yeah, however did I manage to write so many since 2015...:eek:
And another AAR complete!

@Nikolai is surely one of the more prolific writers we have.

It's a good thing @El Pip doesn't try a Stellaris AAR. At his speed can you imagine how long it would take :D
Prolific? I guess I am. Never thought of it so. Thinking more of myself as a fan, reading and commenting. But indeed it's been a few!

Likewise! And seriously, 15 AARs in 5 years!? Is there a way to learn this power?
No kids, patient wife. And most importantly, write good notes + many screenshots and write to the point. :p That last update had 29 bullet points prepared from play. I wrote it in something like 30 minutes. :)

Reactions:
Indeed, you can't compare a gameplay/history book AAR to a narrative one. If you'd tried to write a narrative like @Macavity116 you'd take a year per AAR too, probably. Maybe squeeze in one of your regular AARs in between if you'd feel so inclined.

Indeed, you can't compare a gameplay/history book AAR to a narrative one. If you'd tried to write a narrative like @Macavity116 you'd take a year per AAR too, probably. Maybe squeeze in one of your regular AARs in between if you'd feel so inclined.
Absolutely. Narrative AARs are not for me, I excel at this kind of writing. :)

All hail the Eternal Empress! All hail the Velutarian Empire!

Only Metal Endures!

As ever, glad I was along for the ride, Nikolai :)
Happy to have had you along! :)
Is it the destiny of all republics to turn into empires at the end?
Absolutely. It’s written in the Mosaic Law. *nods*

Read the last 2 chapters today
The last few lines sent a shiver of greatness down my spine. Ending the AAR with a picture of the glorious galaxy was a great idea too.

I also loved how Cothium 2 was helped by the Solar Devourer!

Good AAR
Please write more

Read the last 2 chapters today
The last few lines sent a shiver of greatness down my spine. Ending the AAR with a picture of the glorious galaxy was a great idea too.

I also loved how Cothium 2 was helped by the Solar Devourer!

Good AAR
Please write more
Thanks, man! :) I will write more, don't worry, but not immidiately. :)