• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Way to go Ramirez
He would be remembered as a legend for eons
108 years!
Damn, that's cooooooolllll
His successor also seems to be competant

And as usual I love the descriptions of different aliens.
Good updates

Reminds me of Marvin the paranoid droid ...
Well, there is a reason for that...
Only Metal Endures!
‘Tis the truth. And it ain’t over yet.
Way to go Ramirez
He would be remembered as a legend for eons
108 years!
Damn, that's cooooooolllll
His successor also seems to be competant

And as usual I love the descriptions of different aliens.
Good updates
Thanks man! 108 is big, but recently I’ve researched some techs and done some civics that makes it possible 108 will one day be seen as quite young...

Report on Commissary-General Misaki Suzuki of Velutarian Free Confederacy’s reign
Report on Commissary-General Misaki Suzuki of Velutarian Free Confederacy’s reign

(2371 - 2382)

By Chief Chronicler Fredrik Wester

The first two years of Commissary-General Misaki Suzuki’s reign was dominated by the completion of the cybernetic revolution, making all species inside the Free Confederacy cyborgs. In mid-2373, it was finally done. Meta-Velutarians and many other species, all cybernetically enhanced – and much better for it. Any species joining the Free Confederacy at a later date might also join into the revolution by gaining assimilation citizenship on a species by species basis.

bAagX3E.png

As soon as this matter was settled, the Fareen Accord received an offer to become a Velutarian protectorate. They refused. The navies of the Free Confederacy and her allies thus moved in, as war was declared.

At the other side of the Confederacy, close to the Bilnoc border, a disaster happened, though. Ferder, one of several new planets colonized recently, experienced a disaster. Too late for any ship to come to their rescue, a superflare in the making was discovered from the Ferder sun. It has previously been discovered an ancient civilization on Ferder had once thrived and become extinct due to a superflare, but it was believed no longer a probability to happen. That belief was wrong.

HmbSV6P.png

The superflare happened, and nothing could be done in time to stop it. The planet was ravaged, devastated and burnt. Life continued, but it was a hellish life. Discontent begun to stir. People blamed the government, too busy waging war at the other side of the galaxy. Precautions should have been made, people claimed. A ship able to build the required shield closer by, they complained.

FnLMbYo.png

KlxLAqU.png

Meanwhile, the war with the Fareen Accord was going exceedingly well. But all of the Confederate navies and armies were there, in the west. Ferder was ravaged, discontent festered. And the Free Confederacy was deemed weak. Thus, the United Bilnoc Polity declared war.

IKP1nnA.png

The fleets were promptly sent eastwards. The war against the Fareen was won anyways. It was a long travel, though. And the Bilnoc was superior in fleet size, equal in technology and economy. It would be a hard war. A war the Velutarian needed help from their allies. Allies who never before had bother to help more than the bare minimum.

The northern front with the Bilnoc fell quickly. Eleven systems and several planets, among them Ferder, fell. The small navy of 5k strength stationed there for piracy combat was chanceless and retreated. The Zracon sent a navy up there, but they claimed two Bilnoc systems of minor importance and let the Velutarian systems fall. They did not engage the Bilnoc.

ZJFL54Q.png

On the southern front, the Velutarian amassed their fleets. The Bilnoc did the same on their side of the border. Two equally big fleet clusters of over 90k strength each sat there, waging a cold war. No one wanted to be the one to blink first. The Commissary-General made sure that the Velutarian fleet would have a bonus to any fight inside Velutarian borders. But she could not ensure such an upper hand in foreign systems. Thus, no one made a move.

XDd2PHq.png

A few systems behind, the Proval and the Zracon sent huge fleets. But they refused to join the Velutarian and end the stalemate. Instead, they moved around, back and forth, at a safe distance. The sitzkrieg continued.

gHSvmhe.png

In the west, peace was made with the Fareen Accord. The Zracon gained three planets and eleven systems, while the rump Fareen Accord state became a Velutarian vassal. Despite the victory in the west, the stalemate in the east, which in reality was a net loss with the northern front in shambles, meant the Commissary-General did not see reelection. A new hand was needed to end the war. Which way it would end, with a loss or a win, was of yet more than uncertain. But as election day neared, reports of fleet movements on the Bilnoc’s part came in…

Map of the Confederacy anno 2382

The Free Confederacy at the end of the Commissary-General’s term was larger than ever. With the Fareen Accord subdued, the western front was secure. In the east, there was the possibility of territorital loss. Something the Free Confederacy had not experienced so far in her existence.

I1DWGKa.png

Five new worlds were colonized during the reign of Commissary-General Mizaki Suzuki. The first was the unfortunate Ferder. Ravaged by the superflare, this world was hell to live on. And occupied at the moment by the Bilnoc.

KuthTJ7.png

Second was Hammerfest. An orbital habitat it was – for now – a net loss to the Confederacy.

Gc9hgWH.png

Then it was Afarnes, another orbital habitat that was for now a net loss to the Confederacy. But both had promise.

SdSmKEd.png

Same could be said about Andalsnes, another orbital habitat. But here overcrowding was a problem, something the other two habitats did not have.

fOfWQVk.png

Lastly was Farsund, an orbital habitat that did contribute a lot to the Confederacy already, giving much unity and research contributions.

bW6no66.png

Credit where its due: a war on two fronts is usually a nightmare scenario, but the Confederacy seems to be performing quite well.
It was a nightmare. Alles who could have trashed them just danced around, while I had planned an attack on the marauders and was faaaar away the front. Then they had to send 90k fleetpower and force me to just sit there. I have the civic giving 33% bonus to home fighting and for all I know they have too. I need the, coming for me...

I think the record shows quite clearly the Confederacy breaking clean free of all shackles.

I do feel somewhat sorry for the colonists on Ferder: Coming to a world that is already so harsh and desolate, being overwhelmed by a natural disaster, seemingly abandoned by a government that is more focused on national prestige than the well-being of its colonies, then overrun by a foreign invader with all the devastation that that implies.

(Also: You can see the Civics another faction has by hovering over the government type, either in the Contacts screen or in the diplomatic dialogue box.)

I think the record shows quite clearly the Confederacy breaking clean free of all shackles.
Hopefully they will prevail also in this dire time of need...
I do feel somewhat sorry for the colonists on Ferder: Coming to a world that is already so harsh and desolate, being overwhelmed by a natural disaster, seemingly abandoned by a government that is more focused on national prestige than the well-being of its colonies, then overrun by a foreign invader with all the devastation that that implies.

(Also: You can see the Civics another faction has by hovering over the government type, either in the Contacts screen or in the diplomatic dialogue box.)
Yeah, they really got a bad hand. :( My closest construction ship was too far away.

As for the civic part, eh, I might have mislabeled what I spoke about? The bonus is from the civic you buy with unity points. I don't think you can see those on other civilizations?

Speaking of seeing things. I have a problem. I’m in a war. Was -17 from winning. Suddenly I’m -300++ and it tells me I lack a shitload of claims occupied. I guess my allies have claimed something, but I cannot for the life of me find out what. I’m occupying like 90% of the enemy at this point, only the farthest away not taken. Bug? Is there any mapmode to check allied claims?

Is there any mapmode to check allied claims

Try this:

Activate Diplomatic map mode, then click on any empty space in another space nation. The "Point of view" should shift to that nation an allow you to see relations from their point of view. You should be able to see their claims if the camera is zoomed in close enough to see star names. I mostly use this to check enemy claims, but I think it works for allies as well.

Try this:

Activate Diplomatic map mode, then click on any empty space in another space nation. The "Point of view" should shift to that nation an allow you to see relations from their point of view. You should be able to see their claims if the camera is zoomed in close enough to see star names. I mostly use this to check enemy claims, but I think it works for allies as well.
I will try that, thanks. :)

Ok, this is getting weirder. I control ALL claims I have. My allies have NO claims. Yet I get -100 for demanding unoccupied claims and -200 for unoccupied planets...

Right. Seeing this war has lasted 15 years and I control almost all of the enemy, something like 80+ percent, and I control all claims. I think I will use the console to win. This is ridiculous. I don't do this easily, but this is a story and the story is the most important one. The enemy has been at 100% war exhaustion for almost 10 years now...

Right. Seeing this war has lasted 15 years and I control almost all of the enemy, something like 80+ percent, and I control all claims. I think I will use the console to win. This is ridiculous. I don't do this easily, but this is a story and the story is the most important one. The enemy has been at 100% war exhaustion for almost 10 years now...

Damn that's a helluva bug. Something must have broken somewhere.

Damn that's a helluva bug. Something must have broken somewhere.
Yeah, as I said I was at -17 to get the peace and then BOOM it was -300+. Then the enemy absorbed their vassal which I had full control of, and I lost all the controlled area they once owned. At least I got one epic war. :D

Will probably be an update tomorrow. :) I don't know how long I can keep the AAR going though, as of the 2430s the game runs uberslow and just froze for half a minute on end of a month...

Report on Commissary-General Ma’soumeh al-Hazmi of Velutarian Free Confederacy’s reign
Report on Commissary-General Ma’soumeh al-Hazmi of Velutarian Free Confederacy’s reign

(2382 - 2392)

By Chief Chronicler Henrik Fårheus

The reign of Commissary-General Ma’soumeh al-Hazmi started with a bang. Within days of her election, the sitzkrieg was over, as the entire 90k fleet stack of the Bilnoc entered Velutarian space. The galaxy held its breath, as all knew that if the Velutarian lost, their entire dominance of the northern part of the galaxy, or perhaps galaxy as a whole, was over.

0RtqLGq.png

The battle raged for weeks, and slowly the Velutarian fleet got the upper hand. Eventually, the Bilnoc was routed, but at a great cost. Many in government advised retreat to repair, but the Commissary-General knew that this victory needed to be capitalized upon right away, before the Bilnoc could rebuild. As such she ordered a full assault and invasion right away.

Meanwhile, at home, a new type of robots were developed. The Post-Ultra-Super-Robot was a marvel to behold and work was done immediately to enhance all Ultra-Super-Robots to this new model.

hMC2064.png

A couple of years later, as the Velutarians were advancing at great speed on the southern front and the northern front was stabilized, the Bilnoc showed up in the Moregard system with a new, massive fleet. Again, the galaxy held its breath, as this was another massive, possibly deciding battle in the war of dominance. Again, the Velutarian won, again at a great cost. Again, the Commissary-General ordered continued advancement to hold the momentum.

qe7bLdU.png

At the same time, the Galactic Council was created, consisting of the three most powerful entities in the galaxy. Mirroring the power play currently in action, the three civilizations voted in was the Velutarian and their allies the Proval. And the Bilnoc. The Galactic Council would soon enough prove to be another battle ground between the two power blocks, this time diplomatic.

On Bilnoc occupied Ferder, the population finally had enough. In mid-2386, they rebelled against their oppressors, that is both occupiers and legal owners, and declared their independence. The Velutarian immediately declared war, although it would not be before a year later that Velutarian and allied forces could suppress the rebels and declare victory on that front.

vOgvoLW.png

Another huge step in the evolution of the Velutarian species happened in 2387, when our scientists unlocked the know how to fully make us a synthetic species – able to become immortal. Immidiately, the Commissary-General ordered the beginning of a huge special project to transfer the minds of the Velutarian species into synthetic bodies. The galaxy stood in amazement. One particular fallen empire was not as amused.

HcTn3ir.png

4j24Vy6.png

6FndQAS.png

And then, mid-2388, the war was finally over. The Bilnoc accepted to settle for status quo, and it was in reality a real victory for the Velutarian and their allies. The Bilnoc gained one system from us, while we gained five planets and fifteen systems.

bEkJD3I.png

The long struggle was over. But in the election four years later, the Commissary-General lost within a hairsbreadth to her main opponent Fabiana Martin. Her reign saw an impossible to win war won, and the borders of the Free Confederacy enlarged. However, even this and the greatly expanded economy could not win her the day when her opponent promised no war for her first term and painted the sitting Commissary-General as old and tired. The galaxy was tired of war, and despite the sitting Commissary-General also promising peace for the coming decade, she uttered the promise too late, it turned out.

z5buWvh.png

JP7aBEn.png