As Venice or Genoa, should you TC Greek/Crimea respectively?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

theauthor

Captain
May 13, 2017
So Venice and Genoa have a "colonial" oversease terrtiory which is just distant province in Eastern Europe. It start of as state but it has wrong religion and i feel like they are better of being concentrated once i expand further. I feel their development contribute better if it's in my primary culture region instead.

definitely TC all areas you can which you don't own a province from at game start.

For those areas themselves, if you want to keep them, might even be worth it to destate them, especially if you haven't conquered other provinces within those areas yet. It probably turns out positive within a few decades (more admin points, trade power, governing capacity ...).

• 3Like
Reactions:
For Genoa I would TC Crimea. For Venice I would say it depends. It's very doable to build a land bridge alongside the Dalmatian coast and eventually make the Balkans core territory. But playing Venice tall and TC Greece is a valid strategy as well. So that's seems completely dependent on what kind of game you want to play to me.

• 2Like
Reactions:
These provinces serve to border more countries to make claims and expand into easy enemies.

After you expand and have other provinces in the regions, Release a TC with very poor province for for defense alliance and extra merchant and steering and extra good produced. And hope they develop these 3 dev provinces. But a TC can leave you if you don't convert the religion in the provinces first before make it a TC. TC is very good, but require to consider many things before release it.

I think best provinces for release a TC: poor, same religion but prefer no accept culture (if accepted culture use it as a state), no trade center or river mouth but prefer coastal for extra ship trade power. And doesn't block your expansion.

These provinces serve to border more countries to make claims and expand into easy enemies.

After you expand and have other provinces in the regions, Release a TC with very poor province for for defense alliance and extra merchant and steering and extra good produced. And hope they develop these 3 dev provinces. But a TC can leave you if you don't convert the religion in the provinces first before make it a TC. TC is very good, but require to consider many things before release it.

I think best provinces for release a TC: poor, same religion but prefer no accept culture (if accepted culture use it as a state), no trade center or river mouth but prefer coastal for extra ship trade power. And doesn't block your expansion.
TC boost goods produced of non TC provinces based on provincial trade power. So if you want min/max you give the TC only CoT and estuary, and give other provinces to a vassal (as a merchant republic you get 50% of their trade power), to maximize the trade value you can steer to Venice. Giving poor provinces without trade power modifiers to a TC is the worst you can do.

Reactions:
TC boost goods produced of non TC provinces based on provincial trade power. So if you want min/max you give the TC only CoT and estuary, and give other provinces to a vassal (as a merchant republic you get 50% of their trade power), to maximize the trade value you can steer to Venice. Giving poor provinces without trade power modifiers to a TC is the worst you can do.
But our trade companies need those provinces and our trade companies boost good produced too . Trade city give us only 50% trade power, yeah they boost a very small amount if not giving them trade centers, but other bonus is good. Defense alliance is good. Paradox boosted military/economy power of very small coutries. They have high fix boost so they are much stronger than the dev appear.

One way to boost defense is to release some TC, vassal immediately, and ally minors if you cannot ally larger countries.

But our trade companies need those provinces and our trade companies boost good produced too . Trade city give us only 50% trade power, yeah they boost a very small amount if not giving them trade centers, but other bonus is good. Defense alliance is good. Paradox boosted military/economy power of very small coutries. They have high fix boost so they are much stronger than the dev appear.

One way to boost defense is to release some TC, vassal immediately, and ally minors if you cannot ally larger countries.
I don't know how long this was implemented but trading city are now limited to one per trade region. I was ubder the impression that you used to could release as many trading city as you want before

Ah, you're talking about trading city, I thought we were talking about trade companies. That make so much more sense. Yeah if you release those you definitely do that on province you don't really care about. Usually I don't even bother with them though.