As France, going royalist got me kicked out of the Allies! And that's not the strangest part...

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zeratulr

Second Lieutenant
67 Badges
Feb 22, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
So I decided to play France and try the "Revive the national bloc" part of the focus tree. Initially, I wanted to go Bonapartist but at a closer look, their branch is just meh. Then I noticed that the Orleanist branch has in it something called the "first citizen of the state" it gives the head of state (Henry ... the 6th or something) a +1% stability weekly. This is simply amazing! Probably one of the best bonuses of its kind. So I grabbed that focus asap and the moment Henry whatever became the king, the British immediately kicked me out of the Allies.

And as I mentioned in the thread name, that's not actually the strangest part. The strangest part is that the next day Stalin invited me to Comintern! o_O What? Why?! It doesn't even look like British hate me that much (they are at -49). I feel like I don't understand the faction mechanics that well... :(

So you were still democratic before the focus and then became non-aligned. Did you cause a lot of world tension?

I got kicked out of the Allies by Britain whilst playing non-aligned Poland. After years of fighting with the Allies Poland finally capitulated Germany. Achieving the major war goal for the allies, Poland had appearently caused so much world tension the UK kicked me out (I rage quit after that).

• 1Haha
Reactions:
So you were still democratic before the focus and then became non-aligned. Did you cause a lot of world tension?

I got kicked out of the Allies by Britain whilst playing non-aligned Poland. After years of fighting with the Allies Poland finally capitulated Germany. Achieving the major war goal for the allies, Poland had appearently caused so much world tension the UK kicked me out (I rage quit after that).

Winston was just jelly ... duh ... the dude wanted to waltz down alexanderplatz on a churchill tank and you denied him that opportunity, running around with your Polish cavalry instead how dare you?

• 1Haha
Reactions:

This is the cause right here. Democracies are very sensitive to WT and who creates it. Any non-democratic country can be invited to join the Allies, as long as you are fighting against the same opponent. I've been invited into the Allies as Monarchist Germany after the USSR invaded Iran and Iraq (UK had puppetted them earlier) and Poland (after I guaranteed them in exchange for Danzig). Everybody was gangsta until the war ended and then Churchill immediately kicked my butt to the curb because I had generated WT by restoring the Kaiserreich and inviting Wild Bill Hohenzollern back to the throne, even though I hadn't invaded or declared war on anyone (unlike the UK who declared on the whole Middle East) , and was in fact in a defensive war with the USSR.

Well, as far as I can tell when I was kicked out of Allies I had "only" generated 33% WT so far. I had to declare on Germany asap so I justified a war goal... When I went non-aligned, it was probably the last straw.