• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

fncruz

Recruit
May 4, 2020
I am very new to the game.

As England I managed to take immense debt and use mercenaries and allies to beat France and PU them. I am not getting any money from them and I need it to pay off debts.

How should I take advantage of PU?
Do they automatically join me in a new war?

How much they help depends on their liberty desire. Below 50% means they should help normally. Above and they'll just defend themselves.

If I were you, I'd ditch the mercenaries and lower your army maintenance. Chances are you have a lot of AE to handle as well.

As long as they are below 50% liberty desire, they will help you in wars. They will always defend their own territory though, even with over 50% liberty desire.
If they have negative opinion of you and your ruler dies, they will become independent, so as soon as possible you should send a diplomat to improve relations with them.
I agree with the post above, turn your army maintenance slider down to recover your economy. You can also mothball/delete forts. PU nations don’t give ducats like vassals do.