Artifacts, Knights, Ladies, Skills and Traits Guide

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EightDeer

Major
191 Badges
Sep 19, 2006
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Age of Wonders II
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Paradox Order
  • Diplomacy
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Limited Collectors Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings III Referal
  • Crusader Kings III
I wrote a guide listing all the Artifacts, Knights, Ladies, Skills and Traits for King Arthur.

You can get Version 3.1 here: View attachment AKLSTv3_1.txt

Note 1: This is for the original campaign ONLY. It does not cover the Druids and Saxons expansions.

Note 2: The guide is complete, but please tell me if you see anything I missed.

What's new in Version 3.1:
Added missing artifact acquisition information.
Added the artifact Banner of Chuchulainn to the guide.
Added the knights Gal and Morold to the guide.
Added the lady Nimiane to the guide.
Corrected the name of the Banner of Persistence.
Corrected the stats of the Banner of Deepwood.

Constructive criticism is very welcome.

Last edited:
Nice work; thank you!
I have couple of questions about the skills if know:
1. Master of deepwood. In the left info screen it says it works only in the woods; in the right it says nothing about the woods; also does it works only on battlefield of on adventure map too?
2. How exactly sidhe lore works? Does it also allows faster movement through hard terrain on adventure map? If not is there a skill which allows faster movement there?
Also I should like to point out the area lore skill works on the locations which give +10% XP per turn for the heroes and the locations which give +5% per turn for the stationed units (heroes do not receive any XP there). I am absolutely sure it don't work with the +5 research points locations neither the locations which increase the probability of random events. This is for the original campaing ver 1.4)

Awesome, thanks for doing this. Looking forward to when it is finished, especially the knights section. Acquisition information for the artifacts might be nice, but other than that it's great as it is.

Nice work; thank you!
I have couple of questions about the skills if know:
1. Master of deepwood. In the left info screen it says it works only in the woods; in the right it says nothing about the woods; also does it works only on battlefield of on adventure map too?
1a. Masters of the Deepwood: The text on the left is just a description for flavour, it doesn't have any effect on the game. The text on the right is the one that actually matters, and it doesn't mention the bonuses being forest-only. Therefore, I think that MotD gives its bonuses on any terrain.

1b. Masters of the Deepwood: This skill only works on battlefields. I wrote that in the guide - "Masters of the Deepwood [Passive]: The knight's unit gains +5% Damage/skill level and +5%/skill level Movement speed in battles. All units in the army gains +5% Damage/skill level and +5%/skill level Movement speed in battles if the knight is army leader.". See the words "in battles"?
2. How exactly sidhe lore works? Does it also allows faster movement through hard terrain on adventure map? If not is there a skill which allows faster movement there?
2a. Sidhe Lore: It works like so - in forests, all non-light infantry units get penalties to Attack, Defence, Movement speed and they lose Stamina faster. Archers also get an accuracy penalty. Both heavy and light cavalry get worse penalties than archers, heavy infantry and spearmen. Light infantry gets a bonus to attack, defence and movement speed in forests.
Sidhe Lore works by 1) reducing all the penalties that non-light infantry units suffer, 2) increasing the bonuses that light infantry get.

2b. Sidhe Lore: No, it doesn't work on the Campaign Map. The next version of the guide will tell you that it's a battlefield skill only. The only way to get faster Movement through hard terrain on the Campaign Map is to have a Warlord-class knight as army leader. The Banner of the Brave and Banner of Pendragon artifacts as well as the Logistics skill also give faster movement on the Campaign Map, but they work on all terrains.
Also I should like to point out the area lore skill works on the locations which give +10% XP per turn for the heroes and the locations which give +5% per turn for the stationed units (heroes do not receive any XP there). I am absolutely sure it don't work with the +5 research points locations neither the locations which increase the probability of random events. This is for the original campaing ver 1.4)
3. Area Lore: I'm pretty sure that Area Lore not working with the +5 Research point locations is a bug. Didn't Linda_Neocore say it was a bug in this thread?
As for the +50% Quest locations, I don't know whether or not Area Lore is supposed to work with them.
Awesome, thanks for doing this. Looking forward to when it is finished, especially the knights section. Acquisition information for the artifacts might be nice, but other than that it's great as it is.
The problem with listing acquisition information is that not all artifacts have fixed methods of getting them. You get a lot of artifacts as random drops from enemies.
I could write down the acquisition information for artifacts you can get from non-random quests and objectives, but that only accounts for about a third of all artifacts.

Last edited:
1a. Masters of the Deepwood: The text on the left is just a description for flavour, it doesn't have any effect on the game. The text on the right is the one that actually matters, and it doesn't mention the bonuses being forest-only. Therefore, I think that MotD gives its bonuses on any terrain.

1b. Masters of the Deepwood: This skill only works on battlefields. I wrote that in the guide - "Masters of the Deepwood [Passive]: The knight's unit gains +5% Damage/skill level and +5%/skill level Movement speed in battles. All units in the army gains +5% Damage/skill level and +5%/skill level Movement speed in battles if the knight is army leader.". See the words "in battles"?

The problem is I am pretty sure I read a topic somewhere which says it works only in woods.
Also there is absolutely nothing said about "battlefied" in the description. Actually as the description is written it should work like the warlords skill which increases the adventure map movement.
3. Area Lore: I'm pretty sure that Area Lore not working with the +5 Research point locations is a bug. Didn't Linda_Neocore say it was a bug in this thread?
This is a topic started by me. It may be a bug but providing no new patch will be released it is now a feature:)

The problem with listing acquisition information is that not all artifacts have fixed methods of getting them. You get a lot of artifacts as random drops from enemies.
I could write down the acquisition information for artifacts you can get from non-random quests and objectives, but that only accounts for about a third of all artifacts.
Random drop/trade artifacts are no brainer - they are just "random". But info about the quest artifacts will be much appreciated.

The problem is I am pretty sure I read a topic somewhere which says it works only in woods.
Also there is absolutely nothing said about "battlefied" in the description. Actually as the description is written it should work like the warlords skill which increases the adventure map movement.
I think one or both of us need to test this skill extensively. I agree with you that the in-game skill description isn't very clear.
This is a topic started by me. It may be a bug but providing no new patch will be released it is now a feature:)
I'll put a note in the next version of the guide telling people that Area Lore is a bugged skill.
Random drop/trade artifacts are no brainer - they are just "random". But info about the quest artifacts will be much appreciated.
Very well, I'll add what information I can get about artifact acquisition to the next guide version.

HANDEL said:

Haha :) Very funny. Who told you that no new patch will be released?

EDIT:

images

Last edited:
Actually it may be for good. Area Lore is too overpowered as it is now. The heroes gain levels much faster just by sitting on a location (1 hero with area lore is enough for all to get the multiplier). In the middle of the game I had lvl 22 hero which never ever saw a battle but had more experience then all the front-line heroes.

Very nice !

Now just add the Knight's starting ability (Leadership/Reign/etc...) and it will be the ultimate guide. :D

Cat

wow :) Thanks. This guide is great!

Thanks!

Very nice !

Now just add the Knight's starting ability (Leadership/Reign/etc...) and it will be the ultimate guide. :D

Cat

I'm not sure, but I believe that the level of newly recruited knights changes depending on the level of your best existing knight - that makes adding starting Abilities not really possible.

Last edited:
Hi,
First of all, thanks for doing this! It's nice to see someone take time to gather all this information.
On that note, I have one more knight for you to add for your next version.
His name is Sir Gal.
Below is a complete listing of Sir Gal's stats. The numbers in parentheses next to each stat/skill name represent the starting level, with which Sir Gal joined.

Sir Gal, Champion (13)
Console name: unknown to me
Acquisition: During the quest "Champion" (available after turn 71 in my last campaign) you must offer him a place at the round table (and pay him in gold, food, artifacts, or damsels)
Quest appearance: random location, non-plot
Starting artifacts: Phoenix Shield, Enchanted Ring
Traits: Thrifty+, Martial+, Stern+, Greedy-
Starting Morality: Rightful 8, Christianity 4
Starting Abilities (unmodified): Leadership (3), Reign (3), Adventuring (2), Fight (9), Magic (7)
Starting Skills: Enchanted Equipment (3), Blast (2), Cleave (3), Enchant Armour (3), Magical Weapons (3)

Thanks again for working on this compilation!

--Mith

Leodengrance is recruitable. He is part of the Visions quest at the end when you face the Seelie. He's part of the Old Hermit (not ageless child) portion when you look for help. I don't recall his exact stats, but will post when I go through again. He's a sage with burning magic, enfeeble, dragon's breath and one other.

Leodengrance is recruitable. He is part of the Visions quest at the end when you face the Seelie. He's part of the Old Hermit (not ageless child) portion when you look for help. I don't recall his exact stats, but will post when I go through again. He's a sage with burning magic, enfeeble, dragon's breath and one other.
Unconfirmed in 1.06 : I just did (and won) the Dragon's Heart fight with the 3 options :
- help of ageless child + hermit
- help of ageless child alone
- help of hermit alone
And Leodegrance never appeared.

But what Connachk says is confirmed somewhere else : http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...laythrough&p=12132055&viewfull=1#post12132055
Taking the hermit option during the Visions quest will grant you another sage hero, Leodegrance.

22.jpg

Strange skill picks. Mana burn isn't bad, but not great. In Very Hard it might be worthwhile to burn half mana, but the rest of his skill picks like Enfeeble (lowers enemy hero HP%) is not that great. However, he has access to Hold spell. Might be worthwhile to build him up as backup sage.
But now EightDeer has every info about this knight !