Artifact events - independent of each other?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Wulf2k

Sergeant
12 Badges
May 2, 2022
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • War of the Roses
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
I'm looking at the scripts and I see a ton of artifact events, but I'm not seeing their overall weights or odds.

If you wanted something to happen with artifacts, would it make the most sense to meet the criteria for as many of the events as possible?

Does it make sense to leave a bunch of low durability artifacts in your inventory in the hopes that it could either trigger a low durability event 'or' an artifact improvement event, effectively doubling your odds of an artifact event?

Or does the game decide "some" artifact event is going to happen this year, and meeting multiple sets of requirements will just dilute the odds of it being focused on the artifact you care about?

low durability event triggered by the durability, it is different from those improvement events,
improvement events are yearly event, you may read the yearly_on_action, it is a pool contains lots of other events.
for each year, you have 25% chance (assume no fp1 event first) to have a random yearly event, then it choose the target.

so, have more event criteria met, will lower the chance of individual event, if you just want a artifact event, do not care which one it is, then it is a increase
have more rubbish in the store room, more chance to improve a rubbish when the event finally happens.

Once I had three artifact events triggered sucessively. First one attempted to gave me a useless spade. I refused. Second one attempted to give me a useless map. I refused. Third one attempted to give me a useless quill. I also refused. All this in the space of about a month, so these events might happen with lots of frequency, even if that is not the norm.

Reactions:
Once I had three artifact events triggered sucessively. First one attempted to gave me a useless spade. I refused. Second one attempted to give me a useless map. I refused. Third one attempted to give me a useless quill. I also refused. All this in the space of about a month, so these events might happen with lots of frequency, even if that is not the norm.
these are not events, just someone use interaction to give you artifact as gift

Reactions: