• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
damn, even if it's with all the versions of hoi2 i would stil buy it and many people with me i think. i just like to go home with a box in my hand looking at all the pictures at the back look at them a dozen times, hell i want it so much !

I understand you, I'm one of those people too. However, if the choice is between having AoD only by digital download and not having it, well... you can see the answer I gave to myself by looking under my avatar ;)

I understand you, I'm one of those people too. However, if the choice is between having AoD only by digital download and not having it, well... you can see the answer I gave to myself by looking under my avatar ;)

yeah i understand but i never ever use payment on the internet, i don't have a creditcard, don't use paypal or what else could be used. i just keep dreaming of platinum edtion for hoi 2 as hoi1 ( te one that got it all starting for me ). but thanks for all the answer :D !

Ok

Still looking for this no time limit patch in the FAQS, and for how to create/modify the minister, etc. traits it talks about in the box art for this title.

Any help would be great! Thank you.

Still looking for this no time limit patch in the FAQS, and for how to create/modify the minister, etc. traits it talks about in the box art for this title.

Any help would be great! Thank you.

there is no need for a time limit patch - just change the enddate in the scenario/savegame files.

As for ministers, you can edit those in: db/ministers/minister_modifiers.txt
add new ones or change anything you want.

Also you should propably register the game ;)

Thanks

there is no need for a time limit patch - just change the enddate in the scenario/savegame files.

As for ministers, you can edit those in: db/ministers/minister_modifiers.txt
add new ones or change anything you want.

Also you should propably register the game ;)

That makes sense if you mod or change text files. Part of the draw of buying this title was the "No time limit patch included", so there's no way to do this without editing text files?

I am not sure how to edit all that stuff without corrupting my original game, the advertising makes it seem like there might be something to explain that kind of thing to non-modders. How do you add new ones and not mess up your game install with a mistake? I have brought down computers trying to do less, so asking questions and looking for more info might prevent addtl. problems.:)

I got the game through a download, and have never had to input a key, and never been asked to register. Is there another way to do this I am missing?

Thanks for your help Lennartos!

If you are changing the end date then you are modding. The NTL patch being included doesn't exempt you from the need to edit the text files just as you had to when you used the NTL patch on the old game. Just make a backup before changing anything like any good modder does.

I got the game through a download, and have never had to input a key, and never been asked to register. Is there another way to do this I am missing?
The download site should give you the key. For GamersGate you can see it when you log in and go to the 'my games' section. I know Steam has something similar.

Yea

If you are changing the end date then you are modding. The NTL patch being included doesn't exempt you from the need to edit the text files just as you had to when you used the NTL patch on the old game. Just make a backup before changing anything like any good modder does.

The download site should give you the key. For GamersGate you can see it when you log in and go to the 'my games' section. I know Steam has something similar.

I have seen the key. Where do you register it?

click on "My Games/Registrations" above.

about the end date:
open a savegame with notepad / wordpad
Screll about 3 screens down, you will see:
globaldata = {
startdate = {
year = 1940
month = june
day = 24
hour = 22
}
enddate = {
year = 1964
month = january
day = 0
hour = 0
}
now just change 1964 to 2004 or whatever you desire.

Also when starting the game, under options you should select "use scenario info" under "End date".

Ok

click on "My Games/Registrations" above.

about the end date:
open a savegame with notepad / wordpad
Screll about 3 screens down, you will see:
globaldata = {
startdate = {
year = 1940
month = june
day = 24
hour = 22
}
enddate = {
year = 1964
month = january
day = 0
hour = 0
}
now just change 1964 to 2004 or whatever you desire.

Also when starting the game, under options you should select "use scenario info" under "End date".

Got it.

Had to switch my install in Vista 64 from default to it's own non-program files path, Vista would not allow edits to default location.

Last edited:
Is it possible to use transport planes to move infantry between military airports, or to mod this in? It would make modern scenario mods more realistic.

Is it possible to use transport planes to move infantry between military airports, or to mod this in? It would make modern scenario mods more realistic.
No I think this is hardcoded since no lines exist either in the paratrooper file or the transport_plane file.

If it was added there should be two entities.

One like in HoI3 (can_paradrop = yes)
And one to fill your request (can_airlift = yes)

How do you produce new Brigades to attach to ships? I've found where to produce the land brigades but I want to make some radar brigades to attach to my ships with out having to build entire new ones.

How do you produce new Brigades to attach to ships? I've found where to produce the land brigades but I want to make some radar brigades to attach to my ships with out having to build entire new ones.

If you already found the list of brigades which you can produce atm then simply scoll down to the end of this list and you'll find the available naval brigades. Radar should be there, too, if you have researched the appropriate techs.

At the end of the scenario file are the "units under construction" listed. If I want to add a 99 serial of a convoy,
how do I have to modify the division_development?

At the end of the scenario file are the "units under construction" listed. If I want to add a 99 serial of a convoy,
how do I have to modify the division_development?
By adding something like this:
Code:
  convoy_development = 
  { id = { type = 12700 id = 1000 } 
    name = "" 
    date = { year = 1950 month = november day = 5 } 
    close_when_finished = yes 
    retooling_time = 60.0000 
    size = 99 
    type = transports 
  }

At the end of the scenario file are the "units under construction" listed. If I want to add a 99 serial of a convoy, how do I have to modify the division_development?

By adding something like this:
Code:
  convoy_development = 
  { id = { type = 12700 id = 1000 } 
    name = "" 
    date = { year = 1950 month = november day = 5 } 
    close_when_finished = yes 
    retooling_time = 60.0000 
    size = 99 
    type = transports 
  }

Many thanks, Balesir! If you rise the size to 999 or even 9999 the game loads and runs. Setting up a convoy serial with a size of 999 should solve all mid and late game problems of the major naval powers re:sufficient concoys. ;)