• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

KanadeSomeone

Second Lieutenant
55 Badges
Jan 19, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III
I'll be starting in the 867 start date as Grand Prince Álmos Árpád of the Magyars.
1662895918560.png

I'll take his dynasty through the ages and hopefully take them even further beyond than in our timeline. I've got some wacky plans ahead so look forward to that.

• 1Love
Reactions:
Let's see how the Magyars do! Will they become kings of Hungary or emperors of Pannonia?

Quick update, my new pc for whatever reason refuses to boot... I've taken some screenshots so I hope I can present something soon. If worst comes to worst and a component is dead it could take a bit until the next update. Hoping for the best.

Good news, I've gotten my PC fixed! I'm planning to finish my campaign first and then move into writing and posting in batches, which shouldn't take too long.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Grand Prince Álmos Árpád ''The Lionheart'' (877-899) Part 1/?
1666638783141.png

The conquest of the Carpathian basin by Almos Arpad, painting by Mihály Munkácsy
Almos Arpad would cross into the Carpathian basin with a grand host, quickly overwhelming the local Pannonians. The one remaining state of Balaton would survive until they made the fatal mistake of raiding and capturing the wife of Almos, Hajnal. Although she would pass away in Kocel's prison, Almos would nevertheless subjugate the independent state after a few failed skirmishes. He would afterwards marry a local woman from there, who would become his soulmate and true love. She was given a grand amount of influence over court politics, he would also grant many titles to family members, which would later on alienate his non-related lords.
1666638953232.png

1666639152987.png

Arpad would go on to conquer several Slavonic tribes, he'd however sadly lose some talented new commanders in this conquest, though his own battlefield prowess would also improve.
rost.png

For years the realm seems relatively stable until the mostly Slavonic lords decide to rebel, fearing that the king has given too much authority to his family members and Magyars. They are of course crushed, though the war would see both armies field a large amount of foreign mercenaries.
1667129451755.png

Seemingly as a show of force and proof that he is not to be messed with, Arpad publically executes the main rebel leader in a public burning. A clear message to his rebellious Slavonic subjects, it seems.
1667130104592.png

Last edited:
Isn't it convenient that his current wife was killed and he married and loved one of the locals? I wonder if this will lead to favoritism...

If it does, I suspect conspiracy in-universe.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Who cares about the non-family lords? Gotta just make sure to marginalize them.