• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Smirfy

We're not Brazil
5 Badges
May 1, 2002
Visit site
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • 500k Club
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
What will hte composition of armies be?

Will it be the old system or something new.

As I stated in the EU wish list thread I like the RTW ststem (without 3d battles)

Other things that appeal to me are that there could be unique national units like Tercio's and Jan's. The system also seems ideal to model the evolution of military through the ages.

In the colonies you would only be allowed to recruit militia or whatever tech the city is at there giving a clear distinction that was lacking in EUII.

It also makes the free army with every fortress redundant as you would actually have to recruit garrisons

Smirfy said:
What will hte composition of armies be?

Will it be the old system or something new.

As I stated in the EU wish list thread I like the RTW ststem (without 3d battles)

Other things that appeal to me are that there could be unique national units like Tercio's and Jan's. The system also seems ideal to model the evolution of military through the ages.

In the colonies you would only be allowed to recruit militia or whatever tech the city is at there giving a clear distinction that was lacking in EUII.

It also makes the free army with every fortress redundant as you would actually have to recruit garrisons

I actually like the idea of the level of the Army being recruited tied to the level of that particular province. I would think though that to model that would require too much coding and what could be in place to stop the merging of lesser armies into larger armies thus eliminating the penalty.

I really don't like the CK model ("provincial regiments") mostly because it gets messy trying to sort out. I liked the abstract "1000 men is a thousand men" from EU2....

Arilou said:
I really don't like the CK model ("provincial regiments") mostly because it gets messy trying to sort out. I liked the abstract "1000 men is a thousand men" from EU2....
What about German minors controlling 30.000-50.000 men armies?..