Armed forces by country - a reliable estimate

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
here, found something:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_the_Republic_of_Turkey#World_War_II

"In 1938, the Turkish Army at peacetime strength consisted of 174,000 soldiers and 20,000 officers forming 11 army corps, 23 divisions, one armoured brigade, 3 cavalry brigades and 7 frontier commands.[1][2] It was ill-equipped with primarily World War I era weapons.[1] The rifles used were a mixture including Mausers, Mannlichers, Lee–Enfields, Martinis, Lebels and others.[2] As late as February 1940, the British Foreign Office noted: "The Turkish Army is very short of rifles and has asked us to supply 150,000".[2]"

"As for the air force, Turkey had 131 first line aircraft in 1937, of them only half were relatively modern.[2] Turkey hoped to increase its aircraft quantity to 300 by 1938.[2] Although Turkey had 300 trained pilots"

"At the beginning of World War II the Turkish Air Force consisted of some 370 aircraft of all types, 450 pilots and 8,000 men.[4]"

"The Turkish Navy was the weakest of the services. It consisted of the outdated battle cruiser Yavuz (ex-Goeben), 4 destroyers, 5-6 submarines, 2 light cruisers, 3 mine-sweepers, 2 gunboats, 3 motor torpedo boats, 4 minelayers and a surveying vessel.[8][9] The personnel strength was approximately 800 officers and 4,000 men.[10] The Navy lacked all modern appliances for defending coasts and harbours, and the ships were defenceless against air attacks.[8]"

"During the Anglo-Turkish Treaty negotiations in September 1939 a military credit agreement amounting to £25 million was agreed upon.[11] A Turkish Ministry of Defence letter to the Turkish General Staff dating 22.03.1940 stated that the Turkish Army was to be increased to 1.3 million effectives forming 14 army corps consisting of 41 infantry and 3 cavalry divisions, 7 fortified positions and one armoured brigade.[11] Yet, the letter stated, "the material resources of the nation were unable to provide for the provisioning and transport of this large number of effectives".[12]"
This had been already posted. The issue is to check the reserve and total strength.
Anyway I have added your findings to the post on Turkey

Last edited: