• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
clanjay1989 said:
And in this case, researching stuff while not having many English sources requires bilinguals! :D

;) About your signature.. HoI2 made me do some research on history of asia, and I found it to be a (sad) funny fact that Republic of China was a member of the UN until the People's Republic of China became a nuclear power *g*
One of the many ironies of history I'd say.

Wonder how long it will take until all those post WW2 split up states (china, korea) will be reunited. As a German, although I was only 10 when our reunification came, I know what a terrible situation that is for a nation.

KeldorKatarn said:
It's sad that despite having the internet around for quite a while no so many ressources are still not publicly available in all the most common languages. Not just concerning this.
It's also a mess to find information about Japanese minister changes in english or German, while you can find information about US-elections way back including planned cabinets of the losers.
Well the information is there, just not in English. There's the Internet, and there's the Chinternet. :p :rofl: What a terrible pun...
clanjay1989 said:
Well, you can take it as a yes of course! ;)
Cool, what instant messenger do you use?
KeldorKatarn said:
Wonder how long it will take until all those post WW2 split up states (china, korea) will be reunited. As a German, although I was only 10 when our reunification came, I know what a terrible situation that is for a nation.
In many ways Germany and Korea are better off than China because their divisions were more or less even. Each got about half of the country. In China's case...

Mao, now, was a smart guy. He let the ROC keep some minor islands off Fujian, so they'd have a hard time justifying becoming "Taiwan" when they obviously control other islands that aren't part of "Taiwan"...

mib said:
Cool, what instant messenger do you use?

MSN messenger of course...Feel free to add me as a new contact, but just a reminder: I suck at typing English, so I swear you don't want to chat in English. :rofl:

iyoki_kindahot@hotmail.com

So what's on the list for improvement?

Also, love the mod. Greatest feature is refusing to join the Unified Front.

Eviltape said:
So what's on the list for improvement?

Also, love the mod. Greatest feature is refusing to join the Unified Front.
Better leaders, and also thinking of putting out a photo pack for CHI/CHC units.

Suggest new features(/bugs/inaccuracies) at http://miborovsky.erpz.net/mantis/!

ccipbanner.jpg

How's this, guys. CCIP has been sorely lacking in the graphics department. Maybe it's time to change that. ;)

PS. Not my picture...

I have finished the CHI portion of an updated, historically accurate and DDA-compatible unit graphics pack. Get it athttp://miborovsky.erpz.net/ccip/CCIPGFX.zip!

KorPlayer said:
Looks awesome. Where did you get it/Who made it?

Which also reminds me that I have a Chinese music pack that I still didn't submit to you. I have access to over 250 ROC military/national music, so I'm sure you're more than interested in them. ;)
Actually, you might be surprised at how much propaganda music I have stashed in my computer. But please, send them to me so I can add them to my ever-growing pile.

The background I took from a poster, I'm not sure who made it either. I'm sure they won't mind. :p (But I should probably track him down and ask for permission anyway.)

I`ve finished my first edition of my GIP add-on, which features a slew of chinese leaders and the odd norwegian one. Get it here: Kinseeks GIP add-on 0.1
(to preview some of them)

Also; I tried to dig up a picture of Zhou Zhirou, the natchi air-force minister and leader, but I could not find that nor any info on him at all. Got any clues?

Last edited:
Status / info for downloading - 24 July

As of today, 24 July

Download files CCIP.zip and CCIPGFX.zip appear corrupted. can not properly download, and once downloaded do not open. I assume there are supposed to be the ARMA files.

The DD file, CCIP_DD.zip, appears to download OK.

Mib, something happen with the "Work in Progress" ????

jungkhans said:
As of today, 24 July

Download files CCIP.zip and CCIPGFX.zip appear corrupted. can not properly download, and once downloaded do not open. I assume there are supposed to be the ARMA files.

The DD file, CCIP_DD.zip, appears to download OK.

Mib, something happen with the "Work in Progress" ????

I've just downloaded both and had winrar run a "test" on them. I didn't seem to have any errors with the archive.

Japanese Surrender

After kicking the Japanese off the mainland, how long a wait is it until the surrender event? Is there a chance it will not fire?

ignore - just fired after posting this

China's Beligerence

Okay, unified China (defeated the japanese, chi-coms, everyone else "yields") And then the old claims (on UK, Japan & USSR) event comes up - I selected the option to press the claims - then ignored the claims versus UK and only pressed for claims on USSR and Japan. But now my beligerence is sky high. Is it a better choice NOT to press the claims? It seems the new potential national provinces are not that great - the high resource ones in the mid-ussr are not included in the claims.

So is it better to not press Tibet (that increases BEL as well if I remember correctly) and not press claims and try to keep BEL down? Long term I am thinking of joining the allies and plan for a future invasion of japan and then the ussr after ww2 ends.

note - what happens to french indochina after vichy where japan has been defeated by china? Does NAT CHI get the choice to take indochina?

gunboat said:
And then the old claims (on UK, Japan & USSR) event comes up - I selected the option to press the claims - then ignored the claims versus UK and only pressed for claims on USSR and Japan. But now my beligerence is sky high. Is it a better choice NOT to press the claims?
Good question. I always press them all, because I just can't help it.
gunboat said:
note - what happens to french indochina after vichy where japan has been defeated by china? Does NAT CHI get the choice to take indochina?
I believe NatChi does if they are in the Axis, and not otherwise.

ulmont said:
Good question. I always press them all, because I just can't help it.
I believe NatChi does if they are in the Axis, and not otherwise.

You don't have to be Axis to take Indochina via event, after you kick Japan out of the continent, it will automatically fire if the Vichy regime is created.

And I would never suggest joining the Allies and then invading Japan. No matter which Allied country conquers Japan, that's gonna make it a US puppet, which I think doesn't make sense at all. :mad:

gunboat said:
Okay, unified China (defeated the japanese, chi-coms, everyone else "yields") And then the old claims (on UK, Japan & USSR) event comes up - I selected the option to press the claims - then ignored the claims versus UK and only pressed for claims on USSR and Japan. But now my beligerence is sky high. Is it a better choice NOT to press the claims? It seems the new potential national provinces are not that great - the high resource ones in the mid-ussr are not included in the claims.

So is it better to not press Tibet (that increases BEL as well if I remember correctly) and not press claims and try to keep BEL down? Long term I am thinking of joining the allies and plan for a future invasion of japan and then the ussr after ww2 ends.

Personally, I don't press claims against the USSR, unless I'm intentionally going for an Axis China meeting up with Germany at the Urals or something...

The sky high belligerence is as intended, I mean, you ARE pressing a claim that's very tenuous at best, in the case of Japan... and you JUST finished a defensive war against the country you're now going to start an aggressive war with to get some islands?
CCA said:
God bless your marry angels
Uh... thank you. :p