• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BurningSun

Corporal
Jan 11, 2015
This is a picture of a high density residential area of mine... try to ignore the "Dead people not picked up" signs lol...

Anyway, I'm not sure if these are considered skyscrapers or not. I am using the European style set ( I accidently picked that as my theme before I started this city ). All of the houses are level 4.

So are these skyscrapers or will they increase in size once they get to level 5?

20180704142101_1.jpg

that's as tall as buildings in the European theme get

It's one of the things they fixed in tomorrow's patch:

Fixed: Office buildings are unable to grow if player has European / Vanilla style enabled in
European / Temperate themes

Wait, you’re saying office buildings won’t grow at all? Isn’t there by default only 2 themes to choose from (vanilla or European)?m

Ohhh wait you were saying it was fixed. Sorry I read that wrong lol.

Last edited:
But you need to enable the European/Vanilla style in the 'Styles' tab in the Content Manager.

There is a mod that lets you change your map theme so you can salvage that save if you like. I don't remember its name but searching theme in the workshop should bring it up.

Just to fill in the info, the normal themes do get skyscrapers with high level buildings. Green cities also provides an office specialization that creates some extremely tall buildings.

Great news! You can change your theme within the vanilla game with a toggle in your district info screen.

Bad news, this will demo all your buildings as they are replaced with vanilla assets.

Awesome news! You can leave you're currently built areas as European style and change all new construction to Vanilla, allowing you're city to have an "old-town" section. Bonus points: your city now has a narrative and history!

Yup. I also usually use both styles in a vanilla game. You can use the European style in the older parts and the International one in the newer areas, or mix both by using intermixed districts.

Also, the European buildings are great for a high-density neighborhood where you don't want a landmark cathedral's spires to be swallowed up by surrounding office towers.

I can’t change the style in a district. I go into the panel and it says “Default style”. It’s blacked out and I can’t click on it.
You have to go into the "content manager" on the game's main screen, then go to "styles" and check the "on" box for the European/Vanilla style there. If you don't do that, the game won't load the other building set and it won't be available.