Are there any official plans for a Dark UI toggle?

• Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

• Paradox Space Exploration Sale has arrived! Up to 75% off

How's the space on your hard drive? Paradox wants to challenge your galaxy brain with a great selection of space exploration games - and they're all on sale for some very down-to-earth prices! The sale runs from May 4th until May 10th at 17:00 CEST / 08:00 PDT.

May 4th - May 10th
  • Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning
Made reskins New
  • Pancakelord

General
    42 Badges
    Apr 7, 2018
    • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
    • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
    • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
    • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
    • Imperator: Rome
    • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
    • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
    • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
    • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
    • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
    • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
    • Stellaris: Apocalypse
    • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
    • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
    • Stellaris: Distant Stars
    • Shadowrun Returns
    • Cities: Skylines Industries
    • Pillars of Eternity
    • Stellaris: Necroids
    • Europa Universalis IV
    • Crusader Kings III
    • Stellaris: Federations
    • War of the Roses
    • Cities: Skylines
    • Stellaris: Lithoids
    • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
    • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
    • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
    • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
    • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
    • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
    • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
    • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
    • Stellaris: Megacorp
    • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
    • Crusader Kings II
    • Stellaris
    • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
    • Sword of the Stars II
    • March of the Eagles
    • Darkest Hour
    So, some things:

This does NOT enable getting achievements. I guess GUI (interface) file editing is too much for the game to tolerate.
    There are 2 outstanding ... bugs that I haven't been able to solve with the UI retexture

Child names are very faint in the birth UI. Not really a huge issue unless you're renaming them all the time, I guess. I honestly haven't been able to find where this text box is referenced after like an hours worth of searching.
    1617922992309.png

This specific type of button looks rather faint and appears in a shitload of places.. but It also doesn't seem to be obviously referenced anywhere (I'm sure it is, the GUI files are just a mess - there are a ton of old/Pre-2.0 interface entries and files clogging up the directories, making it a pain to find stuff)
    1617923174685.png

Other than that, there are the odd slightly faint icons here and there, that you'll just have to accept if you use this. The interface seems to be written in a heavily nested way. Sometimes an image is used in one place and it uses its default colour (e.g. white or black) whilst in another area, it'll be dynamically recoloured based on seemingly random sprite sheets (for example manipulating the blue button colours drastically changes a shitload of other things in the UI - perhaps reinforcing my earlier comments about PDX getting half way towards a dynamic colouring system. Not sure why else they'd take this approach, as it just makes things harder to edit in isolation.
    Screenshot (4746).png
    You can see here how it looks when I tested Orange buttons - notice how, even though I only edited a single "button texture" It's also recoloured the Map Icons + random other checkboxes, various UI lines (was more obvious when I used pink), and system buttons in the top right.

Anyway, it may not be perfect, but here's the mod:

Attachments

• 1617924413130.png
      1617924413130.png
      3,9 MB · Views: 0
    • Screenshot (4751).png
      Screenshot (4751).png
      3 MB · Views: 0
    Last edited:
    • 4Love
    • 1Like
    Reactions: