• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well damn its been so long since ive seen this thread. i still play HOI2 (albeit with the excellent WIF mod), and there the subs are twice as shitty and 50% more expensive.

however, about a month ago i started an Arma campaign with germany, and went to work on a historical germany play with subs. i found out that the biggest amount of success came not just from killing the british convoys, but rather by combining my airforce and navy into one deadly package.

while my subs wreaked havoc on the british supply lines, my airforce divided itself, with my TACs attacking the british IC provinces and my fighters providing air cover.

i captured spain and gibraltar for IC and to block the british trade routes, while gaining me more bases to attack the british overextended sea routes.

i reloaded as the UK in '41 just to see them and they were putting a ridiculously high number of IC into convoy building, and though they had huge building plans for BBs and whatnot, they were mostly relegated to building extremely few troops.

my bombing campaign definitely crippled the UK's ability to wage war, since now the Italians have seized port said and are stuck in fighting the brits in Irak. their supplies are dwindling rapidly, however, they still have huge metal, energy and rares stockpiled. i wonder if i should do what i read somewhere and sacrifice a lone para to destroy their stockpile.

so, what im trying to get to is that the best way to tackle the UK indirectly is mixing up subs in convoy raiding missions while bombing the living crap out of their industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.