• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SitusSkalani

Recruit
Jun 29, 2021
Hello. I suffer a lot from traffic problems. Even with mods, nothing can be fixed. Here's a video to demonstrate the problem I'm worried about.

From 2.45 in the video, you can watch how the bus leaves on the road, while crossing it through and through to the very first lane. At least according to the logical rules of the road, when turning to the right, vehicles should be built into the far right lane. If he so needs the first lane, then he can then smoothly rebuild into it in the direction of travel. Otherwise, it simply blocks the movement of the entire flow, and other transport has to wait for it - a traffic jam is formed.

But even if we believe that he really needed to make such an aggressive maneuver, turning into the very first lane, then looking beyond the bus, literally for a few seconds, we will see that he will eventually change to the far right lane along his route. That is, in addition to the fact that this maneuver at the beginning was simply awful, it was also meaningless, because he initially needed the rightmost lane in the further route.

I don't know if the author of the video uses any mods that can influence this decision of the bus driver. But I am playing with mods and without mods often seeing such a picture in myself. When drivers decide to turn straight ahead from the 5th lane into the first one, forming a traffic jam. Given that they have enough room further to rebuild, and the like, and despite the fact that such a turn is terrible in itself.

Is there any promise of some kind of improvement in the artificial intelligence of road traffic? Unfortunately, I cannot keep track of all the news, but mostly I see new skins for buildings or bridges in the latest updates.

Is there any promise of some kind of improvement in the artificial intelligence of road traffic?

Well, and also basically the problem that everyone complains about, then official transport likes to travel 50 km to the other end of the city, when there are corresponding services at the other end. Of course, I understand that an example script for sending a transport, that if the closest one was busy at the moment, then a free one is assigned, but then a rather simple solution would be to add a manual configuration of the zone in which the transport can work. Well, in general, in many areas of the game there is not enough manual configuration of some functions of services, buildings and other things.

The same dlc with industrial industries, if it is a separate dlc, then I would like to see a separate management in it. For example, the same import, it would be interesting to customize the order of raw materials through a train, car, plane, price selection and other things. These are light scripts in execution, both in the execution of the game itself, and in how easy they are to add to the game, but how much you can get from it.

Reactions:
they've promised that they won't be touching the traffic AI

Given that we do not see the actual lane connectors, it's hard to say, why the bus skipped to the leftmost lane at 2:45. But it is possible, that there was no other option(by accident?). Maybe there was a restriction on vehicle types or a wrongly placed connector which interfered.
It might also simply be the case that the leftmost lane simply is the fastest lane, being the innermost/shortest one in a large left curve.
six lane oneway roads are a bit much anyway.