Are native federations really going to stay like this?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Gunthah

Major
82 Badges
Aug 22, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings III Referal
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • 500k Club
In every single game, native federations still keep blobbing, consolidating into nations and forming new federations until they cover the whole of North America. This is completely absurd but the devs seem to consider this WAD, since they've done nothing about it after several patches. The only other option is to disable Conquest of Paradise, but the thing is, we bought Conquest of Paradise with certain federation mechanics. If it had had this completely ahistorical system from the beginning many people just wouldn't have bought it. So now if we want to play as colonial nations we have to have continent spanning native empires and normally working natives are just gone no matter what.

In my latest game, Hindu flag federation and white flag federation before they eventually join into menorah flag federation or something as equally absurd.

eu4_2.png

Reactions:
Native federations can't merge anymore in 1.34
Good to know. That's some progress. However I think they are still way too big and spread all over the continent. Also, they could have come up with at least some tags if they were going to railroad all natives into federations, instead of using random custom country flags.

I have found in the files they have also added ai_chance = { factor = 0 } to the Federal Constitution reform. This value used to be set to 1 in previous patches. However, if the idea was to have federations never pick that reform it isn't working.

Native federations can't merge anymore in 1.34
Also, I'm not sure this is true, as that beige federation included Creek before it united. Creek is itself the result of uniting a previous federation already. Similarly, in that same game the tag Huron has formed from a united federation, and Huron itself is now in a different federation. According to the patch notes this shouldn't be possible.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Also, they could have come up with at least some tags if they were going to railroad all natives into federations, instead of using random custom country flags.
There are some tags which can be formed by uniting a federation: Creek, Huron, Illiniwek, Iroquois, Potawatomi, Shawnee and Sioux.

Also, I'm not sure this is true, as that beige federation included Creek before it united. Creek is itself the result of uniting a previous federation already. Similarly, in that same game the tag Huron has formed from a united federation, and Huron itself is now in a different federation. According to the patch notes this shouldn't be possible.
This restriction seems to only apply to federation countries(the ones with random flags. Their tags are F00 to F19) and not to normal tags(mentioned above) which can be formed by uniting a federation. I think this is a bug.

Reactions:
There are some tags which can be formed by uniting a federation: Creek, Huron, Illiniwek, Iroquois, Potawatomi, Shawnee and Sioux.
Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, Sioux and Potawatomi already exist at game start, so unless they get annexed, those two won't appear as federation tags.

The natives got gutted after the recent patch where they went from too agressive, to not agressive at all. The natives is not a challenge at all to a human player or AI at all, so im not sure why people are complaining. Also most of the natives that lasted for a long while did in fact make these big confederations like the iroqois. If the natives are too be any gameplay challenge at all, they need to confederate earlier than history, just like Great Britain forms earlier than history.

I do agree with that they should probably get new flags, instead of these random custom nation flags.

Reactions: