• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hypnotist

Office of Naval Intelligence
19 Badges
Feb 28, 2016
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
... or was the vehement insistence by some members of this board, after initial release, that MP was the make-or-break element of this game a bunch of hot air? More than a year after release and, at least according to Steam global stats, NO ONE has yet won even 25 online MP matches or played more than 50 online MP matches.

I’ve both played more than 50 successfully completed matches and won more than 25 successfully completed matches. And have the associated achievements:

115FEC71-5065-4950-BCF4-C17E8171B47A.png

While Multiplayer is not a “Make or Break” element, it is a heck of a lot of FUN! : )

Maybe it's just that less than 0.1% of steam players have achieved those that it simply shows as 0.0%

I'm not sure if you remember the animosity that was rampant on this board right after release between SP & MP players. A couple even went so far as to state that without a focus on MP, the game would die. I attributed it to a lot of people not getting the game they were hoping for/expecting and each faction wanted to push the devs into their corner to improve the part of the game they wanted. I was hoping for a real BT on the PC (think MegaMek with high end graphics). What I felt we got was just another video game. I will admit they've come a long way since launch and Urban Warfare has a lot of improvements I'm excited about.

Greetings Mechwariors,

Please note right up front: If this thread becomes flamebait-y between community members Im sorry to say that it will be locked promptly.

Thank you.

Maybe it's just that less than 0.1% of steam players have achieved those that it simply shows as 0.0%...
That just may be the case. :bow:

So I see you have ONI listed as your title. I served in Army MI for 23-years. How did you like the Intelligence Community?

How did you like the Intelligence Community?
It was certainly an interesting way to live a life. Went in thinking I was going to be an analyst along the Jack Ryan vein. So naturally I ended up in ops. I retired in 2015 after 22. Memorizing all of BattleMechs and their loadouts as a teenager certainly helped when I had to essentially memorize Jane's Fighting Ships and All the World's Aircraft in Class A School. I think we may have had a discussion or two about the *ahem* intelligence deficiencies that were a topic at launch.

[mod edit: do not publicly comment on moderator posts]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have talked with (and played against) the majority of the people who play Multiplayer. Not every player who has ever played, but the vast majority who have played more than a few games. Aside from Prussian and myself, I have confirmed through conversation 1 other person who has 100 multiplayer wins. Even the mighty Eck doesn't claim to have that achievement yet. If I were to guess, the total number is less than 15. If it was more then, there is a facet of multiplayer going on that I didn't know about. While that's possible, I find it very unlikely.

Steam leaked the number of players that owned Battletech a few months back. It was under 190K players. Add in Paradox and COG and we'll give a generous estimate of 250K players.

Lets high ball the number of players who have 100 multiplayer wins at 50.

That's 0.0002‬%

It's not bugged. Steam just doesn't show that many zeros.

Steam leaked the number of players that owned Battletech a few months back. It was under 190K players. Add in Paradox and COG and we'll give a generous estimate of 250K players.
Steam by itself was estimated to have at least 289K by Arstechnica back in July2018 (back around when the leak happened). It's probably significantly more than that now even without including GOG or PDX. The achievement reporting is probably still too low to be rounded higher than 0.0% however.

Steam by itself was estimated to have at least 289K by Arstechnica back in July2018 (back around when the leak happened). It's probably significantly more than that now even without including GOG or PDX. The achievement reporting is probably still too low to be rounded higher than 0.0% however.

I totally fat fingered that number. I meant to type under 290K. Thanks for the catch.

I totally fat fingered that number. I meant to type under 290K. Thanks for the catch.
Its ok. Timaeus is used to dealing with me and I am the typo king. Much to T's irritation probably. All's well that ends well: with peer review. :D

You need to learn that not forgiving someone or something else only hurts you. Did you really think that they would have the license to completely and accurately recreate TT Battletech on the PC? The holders of the current Battletech books rightly could have, and should have, sued their pants off if they had done that.

You need to learn that not forgiving someone or something else only hurts you. Did you really think that they would have the license to completely and accurately recreate TT Battletech on the PC? The holders of the current Battletech books rightly could have, and should have, sued their pants off if they had done that.
What are you talking about and who are u saying it too?