• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East–West_Schism

In short there will be events to trigger the "flags" so Orthodox will become a religion and the Eastern provinces convert.

well im sorry if im rude but that has no logic at all since in the begining all the roman empire was orthodox what i just read only shows when the latins and so rome decided that it was going to be the head of all churches and started aplyng new fundamentals in the teaching of christianity the east and so traditional faitfull churches, didnt acept this so they splitt and the west was reffered to as catholics so if im right they should already be split in 2 catholics and orthodox and not all catholics. If you do want to reppresent faitfully the schism than you should make them all orthodox and after make flags to turn the west chatolic that's how it went historically!

Not really. It was all catholic until the eastern barbarians decided orthodoxy was the way to go.

Trust me catholics came after i dont mean to be rude or anything, but orthodox where the first, catholics came after it was all a politic movement of rome to gain power also, there where already tensions betwen the west and est churches because rome started interpreting in some rather convenient ways the ancient teachings and traditions of crhristianism, turning the pagan gods of cultures they wanted to convert in saints was an example of this, wich the eastern churches didn't approve, you can learn this things not only from wikipedia but also wacthing some discovery channel programms!;)

Not really. It was all catholic until the eastern barbarians decided orthodoxy was the way to go.

naming Eastern church orthodox should give you enough of a hint ;)

So Orthodox means the original faith or something like that I get it. ;) Anyway I don't really feel like changing the religion for all "catholic/orthodox" nations just to see the events to separate the church in 725 IIRC when the Pope excommunicates the emperor.

So in 725 the churches will break with each other.

naming Eastern church orthodox should give you enough of a hint ;)

Its Full title is the Orthodox Catholic Church. The Roman Catholic Church is a break away due to the schism, cause firstly by liturgical disagreements (specificaly over the issue of the trinity) dating back to the Council of Nicea in the 4th C, as well as the Eastern Churches refusal to accept Papal Supremecy and adhere to the old principle of the Pope being first among equals. The original language of the New Testament is Greek, and if one looks at the oldest surving Churches of Rome, they are decked out in Eastern style Icons, and everything is once again written in Greek.

That said, the church was split in all but name long before the schism.

Its Full title is the Orthodox Catholic Church. The Roman Catholic Church is a break away due to the schism, cause firstly by liturgical disagreements (specificaly over the issue of the trinity) dating back to the Council of Nicea in the 4th C, as well as the Eastern Churches refusal to accept Papal Supremecy and adhere to the old principle of the Pope being first among equals. The original language of the New Testament is Greek, and if one looks at the oldest surving Churches of Rome, they are decked out in Eastern style Icons, and everything is once again written in Greek.

And that my good friend is also why i converted from chatolicism to orthodoxy (also a couple of other reasons, just read about orthodoxy) ;)

Trust me catholics came after i dont mean to be rude or anything, but orthodox where the first, catholics came after it was all a politic movement of rome to gain power also, there where already tensions betwen the west and est churches because rome started interpreting in some rather convenient ways the ancient teachings and traditions of crhristianism, turning the pagan gods of cultures they wanted to convert in saints was an example of this, wich the eastern churches didn't approve, you can learn this things not only from wikipedia but also wacthing some discovery channel programms!;)

Haha you cite wikipedia.

you can learn this things not only from wikipedia but also wacthing some discovery channel programms!;)

you can learn this things not only from wikipedia but also wacthing some discovery channel programms!;)

That is !

just to inform our fans :)
around the New Year we made nice progress, mainly thanks to Amadeus (;)), who is now re-making all monarchs and leaders files, while I was writing new events for Armenia and West African nations

I worked mainly on simulation of development/decline of West Africa depending on climate changes and development of Trans-Saharan trade.
As a side effect, I made few other changes:
- created new terrain type to make Sahara harder to cross.
- enabled colonization even in earlier stages of game

I hope that untill the end of this week I will be able to upload all these changes I made.
Then maybe we could upload new (centralised) version of the mod, containing these changes in colonization and terrain together with changed monarchs, leaders and event files what you think, CT?

Last edited:
oh, I knew I forgot to mention something :D

They will surely be in - at least the big ones to make as many nations as possible (if not all) selectable

Work in progress

I've uploaded the new list of countries with the new IDs for monarchs, leaders and events.....:)

Now I've just to update all of the existing monarchs and leaders file....:p

They will surely be in - at least the big ones to make as many nations as possible (if not all) selectable

There will be generic shields for all countries, and complete sets of shields, smallshields and flags for those you choose.
First bunch of complete sets it's already uploaded...;)

On the other hand, I should slowing/delating working on Provinces.txt untill I'm not finished with the updating IDs thing, which I had to restart cause I changed method of assigning them :wacko:

I've uploaded the new list of countries with the new IDs for monarchs, leaders and events.....:)

Now I've just to update all of the existing monarchs and leaders file....:p
that is great!

On the other hand, I should slowing/delating working on Provinces.txt untill I'm not finished with the updating IDs thing, which I had to restart cause I changed method of assigning them :wacko:
Concerning this I think I can do this if you don't mind :)
this week I won't be that terribly busy as the last one

Concerning this I think I can do this if you don't mind :)
this week I won't be that terribly busy as the last one

Yes please,:cool:

I'm fine with this as I will be quite busy now....

PS I'm waiting for armenian monarchs to add (if any new one) at the new countries_files, in the mean time I shall use the monarchs already existing...

Yes please,:cool:

I'm fine with this as I will be quite busy now....

PS I'm waiting for armenian monarchs to add (if any new one) at the new countries_files, in the mean time I shall use the monarchs already existing...

It won't be as fast as I thought originally (last week) but I will have more time (anything is more than none :D) to do what I wanted to have finnish by yesterday.

As sson as finnished, I will upload whole "Armenian" pack with monarchs, leaders and events files.
And so will I with West Africa

Guys I was just about to download this great mod!

But I wanted to know does it only go to 1204? or 1031?

we don't even have enough events until 1031 now :)

btw, what could be the other scenarios?