• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

LordPeter

Marjoram
49 Badges
Mar 5, 2012
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
APRIL'S FOOL!
NOTE: This is the April's Fool thread - please visit the new one here:

(It also was the former VIET+ thread, which died on April 1st 2017)​
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LordPeter proudly presents:

FPS
- First Person Shooter -
A submod exclusively for CK2Plus

DOWNLOAD
Checksum (with India): ROFL
Checksum (without India): LMAO
Idea
I always felt that while CK2 was a brilliant "grand strategy" game, it lacked some of the features of more popular games, such as Battlefield or Counter Strike.
After playing around with the idea for a while, and after learning how to mod by making compatibility patches, I finally decided to make my very own mod. So here it is: A mod that aims to bring the fun and fast-paced gameplay of First Person Shooters to Crusader Kings!

Features

Totally reworked Dueling System
Duels are now fought with special weapons, with unique rules for each of them. For example, a sniper will be allowed to carefully aim their shot first in a fully 3D environment, represented by events:
20170401015732_1.jpg

Other weapons will only be allowed to be fired afterwards, but thus have a high chance to e.g. take the sniper down if he missed his first spot.
Damage is calculated based on the body region hit:
A headshot will always be lethal or at least make the victim incapable.
A bodyshot will add either wounded or maimed, and has a chance to substract health if the victim is already wounded (thus effectively also killing the victim after a few shots).
A miss will not do any damage, but has a chance to alarm the target if the assailant had not been noticed before.

Entirely new Casus Belli system
All CBs have been removed, but you can now declare war on anyone, as long as they are in a different "World Faction" than your own.
Sadly a ruler can not be of more than one society, so the "World Faction" system is based on traits and modifiers, but members can be shown via a decision.
Currently there are 3, but I aim to expand the list in the future:
- NATO
- Soviet Union
- China

More unique and advanced troops
Rulers who are part of the Hermetic Society or are highly advanced in technology have the option to design advanced weapons. If these efforts are successful, new, highly advanced units will spawn that can destroy entire enemy armies (something that had been promised in a Paradox trailer, but also was cut from MnM DLC)!
20170401014414_1.jpg

Sadly, currently they all have the "Camel Archer" model ingame, since I haven't figured out how to mod the 3D models...

Personal Weapons
A big arsenal of FPS-weapons for rulers to chose from, with new additions being unlocked as the game progresses.
Currently there are Rifle, Pistol, Grenade, Mortar, RPG-launcher and Sniper-Rifle, with more to come later.
20170401020723_1.jpg

Currently they are only character modifiers, since the system was designed before MnM came out, but they will be converted to artifacts later.

Nukes!
When you are at war and have built a nuke (see "More unique and advanced troops"), you will have access to a special province decision on enemy provinces. Launching a nuke will destroy most buildings in any holding there, kill all unit in that province (make sure yours are far away!) and apply a hefty modifier...
20170401013051_1.jpg

Final Notice
These are the submod's current features. I plan to add more when I have the time, and also probably rework more of the (imo boring) Medieval stuff to work better with my more "modern" approach.
Ideally, I would end up with some sort of a merge of CK2, HoI4 and Battlefield - a mix that could attract a lot more new players to CK2.
But that is still a long way down the road. For now, just enjoy the mod :)

Last edited:
Reactions:
###########
# Changelog:
###########

Version 0.4.0:
VIET+:
~~~not included~~~
CPRplus+:
*renamed "CPRplus+" to "CPRplus+ patch" because it's shorter (actually to better differentiate it from the original mod)
*changed the installation to work with the Steam version of CPRplus
*included tons of new features from CPRplus version 2.3.2

OLD versions:
Version 0.3.0:
VIET+:
~~~not included~~~
CPRplus+:
*adjusted backgrounds again
*changed background distribution to be based on character location (when possible)
*included new features from CPRplus version 2.3.1

Version 0.2.0:
VIET+:
*switched to patch format from standalone
*moved VIET+ events to a dedicated on_actions file (like VIET also does), to improve compatibility
CPRplus+:
*renamed to CPRplus+ (from CPR+ Flavor Plus+)
*adjusted backgrounds
*included new features from CPRplus version 2.0

Version 0.1.0:
*mod is now considered BETA
VIET+:
*TRAITS and EVENTS merged again
*Stuff from HIP_Common removed (most notably HIP's mascot character [and almighty goddess] Isis, who sneaked in before)
CPR+:
*first published version
*made compatible with CK2Plus cultures
*WARNING: Patch format, requires original files installed first!
CPR+ Flavor Plus+:
*first published version
*made compatible with CK2Plus cultures
*WARNING: Patch format, requires original files installed first!
################
# Some screenies:
################

2016-02-18_00001.jpg
Hiding characters drop their rank headgear. To, well, hide...
2016-02-04_00008.jpg
Lunatic character.
2016-01-24_00022.jpg
A maimed Mongol Khan.
2016-01-24_00017.jpg2016-01-24_00014.jpg
An ugly guy, and an ugly girl.
2016-01-24_00016.jpg2016-01-24_00015.jpg
Two pretty girls.
2016-01-24_00013.jpg
A depressed Muslim.
2016-01-24_00012.jpg
And a stressed Christian.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I imagine he was waiting for the CK2+ update

Dear Lord Peter,
Is this still being developed or has it come to a hold / indefinite stop ?

Greetings,
Me.
I imagine he was waiting for the CK2+ update
Basically this :D
Now that it's out (good work, CK2+ devs!), I am waiting on the HIP-Project (that includes VIET) to be updated, which should - according to their estimates - be due tonight.
I'll then try to get the rough "patch" to be ready by the beginning of the weekend.

Longer term I am still waiting on cybrxkhan to finish revisiting Immersion, which could take some more time.
Though I have to warn you, that in the future you might need to download both CK2+ and VIET (through HIP) first, with my mod not being standalone. We'll see.

So yeah, I have been silent because there wasn't really much to do/tell. Nothing abandoned, just lots of waiting & slow progress ;)

EDIT: HIP is out. Will start working on it tomorrow, too late now :sleep:

Last edited:
Today is tomorrow. How goes it? XD

Today is tomorrow. How goes it? XD
Smoothly.
I tested for 4+ hours and didn't experience any major issues. Last thing left is to change the mod so it automaticaly overrides the CK2+ files (I had them modified manually in the .zip, but then Steam will discard any changes to them as soon as it's online).
So - if nothing apocalyptic happens - this evening, right now it's still time to be at university :p

can you post the files as is i know how to mod my ck2plus.mod file to just treat it like the old method of just dumping files in a folder
No need anymore, new version up :)

May I suggest keeping the latest version at the top of the download links? It's easy for someone in a modicum of rush to miss that it's been updated or click the wrong link.

May I suggest keeping the latest version at the top of the download links? It's easy for someone in a modicum of rush to miss that it's been updated or click the wrong link.
Fair point. Ok, done.

Played with it for a few hours and seems to work fine for now :) Thanks man!
Good to hear :)

Hello there,
just a quick update about my plans for the future:

With WoL just around the corner, I will obviousely not produce another update before. After this, I'll wait on the CK2+ team to get the main mod up to date, and am then hoping that the VIET team will finally get Immersion ready around the holidays. I will likely not do another update in between.

When both mods are up to date, I will go ahead and try to make them like each other again (probably going to use carousing or family for that ;)). The mod will thenceforth be split in two branches:

1) VIET+ "light":

Includes both TRAITS and EVENTS made compatible & optimized. As optimized I am currently envisioning keeping the "major" events (event chains, big impact) for both AI and player, while making the "minor" events (with outcomes of like +1 prestige or so) player only, or scrap them alltogether if they are really pointless (should happen very seldomly). This version will NOT include IMMERSION, thus keeping closest to the original CKPlus feeling.​

2) VIET+ "full":

Includes both TRAITS and EVENTS made compatible & optimized. Optimized just as said above. Then I will try to stuff as much of IMMERSION into it as is possible. This will not include some parts that are simply incompatible with CKPlus design, or are too difficult to implement properly. This version will thus include most of both mods, potentially changing gameplay a little.​

Those two versions are indeed slightly more work than a single would be, so I am only going to keep #1 if there is a demand for it. Also note that both versions will likely include changes to CK2Plus to help with compatibility from this side as well, or if something angers my personal taste ;). Both available versions had minor changes to them already, so I guess you won't mind.
In any case it will take some time to include IMMERSION since that one is rather big, so I'll probably release #1 before that as a test, and #2 will have to wait some time... until then you can still play with the old/current version (and the old/current patch, sadly), which should still work for the latest CK2Plus updates.

So yeah, please tell me what you think about this, or if you want something changed, or whatever :)

Edit: I should also note that I am planning on making this a "patch" now, needing you to download VIET via the HIP installer first. I hope this is not going to be too much of a problem, otherwise I'd have to rethink it...

Last edited: