• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why do you need to make optimization and remove events? VIET isn't really a slow mod in general. Why not simply striving for flat compatibility between the two mods?

Why do you need to make optimization and remove events? VIET isn't really a slow mod in general. Why not simply striving for flat compatibility between the two mods?
That would be the other option. Thanks for your input - I always felt like it was slowing me down, but I guess I never really tested.
It seems you are right - it's not that slow. Yet combined with CK2+ I am thinking it might be slightly more load...

Anyway, if you would prefer to keep all events in, I will do that.
(I might just remove them in my personal mod version)

Immersion will have to get some content cut/tweaked though, as I am not sure what will conflict with CK2+.

Last edited:
That would be the other option. Thanks for your input - I always felt like it was slowing me down, but I guess I never really tested.
It seems you are right - it's not that slow. Yet combined with CK2+ I am thinking it might be slightly more load...

Immersion will have to get some content cut/tweaked though, as I am not sure what will conflict with CK2+.

i believe it depends on your computer i always hear about CK2 slow downs on the forum but i've never experience it first hand and i'm guessing it because my processors is really really good.

I understand that Immersion might need cutting, but I do not think that having all of the events in VIET present will cause any slowdown. I would therefor prefer to keep all of them in. You are of course the one deciding though, so it is up to you and I do not want to force you doing something that is not your goal with this.

I understand that Immersion might need cutting, but I do not think that having all of the events in VIET present will cause any slowdown. I would therefor prefer to keep all of them in. You are of course the one deciding though, so it is up to you and I do not want to force you doing something that is not your goal with this.
Thanks, but as I said, I am not doing a personal mod here, and I want you guys to hopefully have fun with it, too. ;)
So I appreciate your feedback, and am willing to adjust my plans to your wishes (even Paradox is doing this now - new Mediterranean portraits yeah! :)). And as you have correctly pointed out, the VIET mod is actually not as slow as I assumed.

Thinking about it, the only thing I am still considering is making some events player only (preventing the AI from getting them). They wouldn't be cut, and I believe you wouldn't even notice this change.
The only events I am talking about are those minor flavour events, that just tell a story, but do nothing gameplay wise.
Take the event if you are at war, and are dreaming about fighting ("Die! Die!" or something): You get +1 prestige, nothing else. Or the ones for "just", where you have either made a right or a wrong sentence: You get like either -5 or +5 prestige, so statistically no effect after a while. Preventing the AI from getting those, while keeping them for the player wouldn't even be noticeable, right?

There would not be a significant gain in performance then, though... well, we'll see. First goal is compatibility, everything else will be considered later.

Thinking about it, the only thing I am still considering is making some events player only (preventing the AI from getting them). They wouldn't be cut, and I believe you wouldn't even notice this change.
The only events I am talking about are those minor flavour events, that just tell a story, but do nothing gameplay wise.
Take the event if you are at war, and are dreaming about fighting ("Die! Die!" or something): You get +1 prestige, nothing else. Or the ones for "just", where you have either made a right or a wrong sentence: You get like either -5 or +5 prestige, so statistically no effect after a while. Preventing the AI from getting those, while keeping them for the player wouldn't even be noticeable, right?

There would not be a significant gain in performance then, though... well, we'll see. First goal is compatibility, everything else will be considered later.
True, if they only give a such little difference there can't be any problem with it.

Hi all,
I am currently completely occupied with Christmas preparations, so I might not have time to do a new version before the holidays :(. I'll try, but it may be shortly after.
Sorry, and Happy Holidays :)

PLEASE NOTE:
I am not trying to steal anyone's shine here. This is a personal sub-mod that me and my friends play with. This started as a roleplaying mod and then WOL was announced and released so I had to pull a lot of redundant features. One of the staples in this personal submod is that it is VIET compatible.

If you are looking for a compatched VIET mod to get you by until LordPeter gets his up:
Here ya go!

PLEASE NOTE:
I am not trying to steal anyone's shine here. This is a personal sub-mod that me and my friends play with. This started as a roleplaying mod and then WOL was announced and released so I had to pull a lot of redundant features. One of the staples in this personal submod is that it is VIET compatible.

If you are looking for a compatched VIET mod to get you by until LordPeter gets his up:
Here ya go!

neat i'll give it a try thanks this should hold some of us over until after the holidays.

edit 1
lol i just found it funny i need to edit your submod to make it compatible with my submob.

edit 2
i've come across a siege bug while my army is trying to take a city every once in awhile an event triggers which gives a blank choice box i have't figure out what event needs to be fix yet or if it just some sort of compatibility issue with all the mods i'm running but i didn't have this occur until i added IA to the mix.

Last edited:
I tested this out just to try it. Game works fine with CK2+ / Mythic Legends / CK2+ mini installed. When I add this to the installation, however, very few of the trait modifiers actually apply to anything; like for attraction bonuses/maluses, for instance. Not sure what the problem is, and I've never really tried VIET anyways, so I'm uninstalling it for now, but I thought I'd give you some feedback, ferriolom.