AoWP Invasions: When should "Interrogate Spouse" quest trigger?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GLWizard

Recruit
Jul 6, 2021
HI-

I have greatly enjoyed playing through the various campaigns in Age of Wonders: Planetfall. While I'm more used to the magic systems of its more magically inclined predecessors, I've become a fan of the tech in the latest title.

However, I've run into a quandary concerning my playthrough of the "Invasions" campaign. In short, at one point the commander pretended to be the spouse of a human male named James- who unexpectedly turns up at the camp of her new settlement. The game provided two options for dealing with him after his... reaction.

I have opted to keep him as a prisoner until he recovers, then ask him how he found the new camp so easily; this assigns me the quest "Interrogate Spouse". My problem: I'm not sure what controls when this quest continues on, i. e., when the spouse makes his recovery. I'm currently in Turn 55 of the first mission, and I've seen nothing to indicate the spouse has recovered (or ever will).

I briefly tried going back to the beginning of my game to see if a new attempt to trigger the quest would work; unfortunately, I saw nothing happen through Turn 11 of my replay attempt.

So... is this a bug? Or is there something I actually need to do before James recovers? I can submit a bug report if needed, but thought I'd ask first.

Not an hour after I posted this inquiry, the quest triggered.

I'm not sure, but I think the trigger may be related to how much of your commander's cover has been compromised. At Turn 55, I was still at 0% compromised. A few turns later, though, I built a new settlement on the east coast of the island where I start- and that triggered the dialogue which starts to compromise her cover. I think I was at either 8 or 9% when the conversation with James finally came up.

So, problem solved, I think.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Not an hour after I posted this inquiry, the quest triggered.

I'm not sure, but I think the trigger may be related to how much of your commander's cover has been compromised. At Turn 55, I was still at 0% compromised. A few turns later, though, I built a new settlement on the east coast of the island where I start- and that triggered the dialogue which starts to compromise her cover. I think I was at either 8 or 9% when the conversation with James finally came up.

So, problem solved, I think.
Have you tried these campaigns on maximum difficulty? Jacked all the way up, those campaigns are the best they had, hands down.