AoWP Invasions: When should "Interrogate Spouse" quest trigger?

• Victoria 3 - Sign up now!

The journey begins, sign up now and get a special in-game item when the game is released.

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning
  • Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

GLWizard

Recruit
Jul 6, 2021
HI-

I have greatly enjoyed playing through the various campaigns in Age of Wonders: Planetfall. While I'm more used to the magic systems of its more magically inclined predecessors, I've become a fan of the tech in the latest title.

However, I've run into a quandary concerning my playthrough of the "Invasions" campaign. In short, at one point the commander pretended to be the spouse of a human male named James- who unexpectedly turns up at the camp of her new settlement. The game provided two options for dealing with him after his... reaction.

I have opted to keep him as a prisoner until he recovers, then ask him how he found the new camp so easily; this assigns me the quest "Interrogate Spouse". My problem: I'm not sure what controls when this quest continues on, i. e., when the spouse makes his recovery. I'm currently in Turn 55 of the first mission, and I've seen nothing to indicate the spouse has recovered (or ever will).

I briefly tried going back to the beginning of my game to see if a new attempt to trigger the quest would work; unfortunately, I saw nothing happen through Turn 11 of my replay attempt.

So... is this a bug? Or is there something I actually need to do before James recovers? I can submit a bug report if needed, but thought I'd ask first.

GLWizard

Recruit
Jul 6, 2021
Not an hour after I posted this inquiry, the quest triggered.

I'm not sure, but I think the trigger may be related to how much of your commander's cover has been compromised. At Turn 55, I was still at 0% compromised. A few turns later, though, I built a new settlement on the east coast of the island where I start- and that triggered the dialogue which starts to compromise her cover. I think I was at either 8 or 9% when the conversation with James finally came up.

So, problem solved, I think.

• 1Like
Reactions:

coodav

Captain
8 Badges
Jul 3, 2019
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
Not an hour after I posted this inquiry, the quest triggered.

I'm not sure, but I think the trigger may be related to how much of your commander's cover has been compromised. At Turn 55, I was still at 0% compromised. A few turns later, though, I built a new settlement on the east coast of the island where I start- and that triggered the dialogue which starts to compromise her cover. I think I was at either 8 or 9% when the conversation with James finally came up.

So, problem solved, I think.
Have you tried these campaigns on maximum difficulty? Jacked all the way up, those campaigns are the best they had, hands down.