AoW: Planetfall - Transfer HQ to near by colonies takes 4 turns but far away ones take 3

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

moonshinefe

Sergeant
12 Badges
Aug 26, 2020
  • Magicka
  • Stellaris
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Crusader Kings III
One line summary of your issue
Transfer HQ to near by colonies takes 4 turns but far away ones take 3

What platform are you running the game on?
Steam

What operating system do you use?
Windows 10

Which version of the game are you running?

What expansions do you have installed?
Revelations, Invasions, Star King

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
When transferring your HQ from one colony to another, it seems to take either 3 or 4 turns depending on the distance between the two. If you transfer HQ to a colony as close as possible to your existing one, it takes 4 turns. Colonies far away (like 20 hexes+) take 3 turns.

I believe this is unintuitive and most likely the opposite of how the game designers intended it (based on migrating colonies works by distance=more turns). We were trying to figure how the mechanic worked on discord and it seems like there's a mistake in the game data inverting the min/max (I've attached a screenshot).

I also attached my test game with a bunch of colonies at various distances if that helps.

Have you tried verifying your files?
No

Steps to reproduce the issue
1. Build 2 colonies: one as close as possible to your existing HQ, and one several sectors away.
2. Notice how the closer colony takes 4 turns while the far off one takes 3 if you try to "Transfer HQ" to them

Expected result: for it to be similar to migrating colonies--namely, more distance means more turns.

Attach DxDiag (PC) or System Info log (Mac)
File(s) attached

Attach screenshot / video
File(s) attached

Attachments

• hqtransfer_gamedata_minmax_inverted.jpg
    hqtransfer_gamedata_minmax_inverted.jpg
    276,3 KB · Views: 0
  • hqtransfer_distances.ASG
    196,3 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0