• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

serkos

Recruit
72 Badges
Feb 28, 2018
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
One line summary of your issue
Saving settings failed

What platform are you running the game on?

GoG

What operating system do you use?
Windows 10
Which version of the game are you running?

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I changed the language (to russian) in paradox launcher, started the game and got "saving settings failed" right after the loading to the main menu. Also I can't change settings from main menu.
Have you tried verifying your files?
Yes

Steps to reproduce the issue
Use GOG
Change language in launcher
Start the game

Attach DxDiag (PC) or System Info log (Mac)

Attach screenshot / video

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    102,9 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 0
One line summary of your issue
Saving settings failed

What platform are you running the game on?

GoG

What operating system do you use?
Windows 10
Which version of the game are you running?

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I changed the language (to russian) in paradox launcher, started the game and got "saving settings failed" right after the loading to the main menu. Also I can't change settings from main menu.
Have you tried verifying your files?
Yes

Steps to reproduce the issue
Use GOG
Change language in launcher
Start the game

Attach DxDiag (PC) or System Info log (Mac)

Attach screenshot / video

Also in steam

The same problem at the start of the game. After an error (Titl: Saving settings failed. Text: Settings have failed to save correctly. This may change some of your set preferences and re-prompt certain dialogs unnecessarily.), it is launched only in English. It does not even allow you to change the volume level (in the settings you change something) after you click "OK" and does not exit the settings. Game ver 1.002.36419 Install of stem

Last edited:
Happens to me too. Reading from the Debug logs, my %USERPROFILE% has the character 'ä' in it and when the game tries to open files in the Documents folder, the encoding on the file path is wrong, meaning that the file path points to a directory that does not exist.

Windows 10 Pro 64 (rus). Set Paradox Launcher (P/L). (P/L) did not see that the game is installed from Steam. The account was verified and tied to Steam.. Deleted the game. Deleted folders from user folder. Installed the game from (P/L).Game version 1.002.36388. When Launcher game AoWPF (L/G) started, was created Paradox Interactive a folder in %UserName%\Documents. I did not change the settings (everything was in English) and started the game. When the game started, was created Paradox Interactive a folder in %UserName%\OneDrive\Документы, and was created Документы(18 characters folder name)\Paradox Interactive a folder in %UserName%\OneDrive\
The error remained. Perhaps there is a distortion due to the Russian language. Strange coincidence in the number of characters Документы = OneDrive\Документы (18 characters folder name). Or the Russian folder Документы(9 characters)=Documents is not correctly encoded and recorded with 18 characters.

I solved the problem (I have all the settings changed and the Russian interface is saved).
In the "OneDrive" folder, I created the "Documents" folder (in this folder I have a "Документы" (cyrillic) and folder with strange name "Документы"(18 characters folder name)), you create it where you have the "Документы" (cyrillic) folder (if there is no "OneDrive"). In the created "Documents" folder, copy the contents of the three "Paradox Interactive" folders from the following folders: 1) %UserName%\Documents ; 2) %UserName%\OneDrive\Документы ; 3) %UserName%\OneDrive\Документы(18 characters folder name) or another obscure name in which the folder "Paradox Interactive".
First, copy the folders. Run the game and change everything including the language of the game.
My username folder is Latin. If you have a Cyrillic user folder, then this option may not work (check).
=========================================================================
Я решил проблему (у меня все настройки изменены и русский интерфейс сохранен).
В папке «OneDrive» я создал папку «Documents» (в этой папке у меня есть папка «Документы» (кириллица) и папка со странным имени "Документы"(18 символов в имени папки)), вы создаете ее там, где у вас есть папка «Документы» (кириллица) (если есть нет "OneDrive"). В созданной папке «Documents» скопируйте содержимое трех папок «Paradox Interactive» из следующих папок: 1) %UserName%\Documents ; 2) %UserName%\OneDrive\Документы ; 3) %UserName%\OneDrive\ "Документы"(имя папки из 18 символов) или другое неясное имя, в котором находится папка "Paradox Interactive".
Сначала скопируйте папки. Запустите игру и измените все, включая язык игры.
Папка имени пользова у меня латиница. Если у вас папка пользователя кириллица, то может этот вариант и не будет сработать (проверяйте).

Last edited:
Thanks for reporting, everyone! We have been looking into this and although people have been finding work-arounds; we now have a potential proper fix. This fix is currently only on the open_beta branch of the game on Steam to make sure it actually fixes the issue. So if you have the time; please check through this post: https://steamcommunity.com/app/718850/discussions/0/1643170269586817134/ how to access open_beta and see if it fixes the issue. Once we confirm it is stable enough and resolves the issue; we can decide to put it live.

This is a more accurate solution. Because of the Russian language folders, Paradox Interactive\Age of Wonders Planetfall\ folders "cache" and "Config" are created in your folder with incomprehensible names. Move these two folders where the four folders are "GeneratedMaps", "Logs", "Profiles", "Saves" (or just create there). And use the game with changeable settings.
========================================
Это более точное решение. Из за папок русского языка у вас в папке с непонятным именим создается Paradox Interactive\Age of Wonders Planetfall\ папки "cache" и "Config". Переместите эти две папки там где четыре папки "GeneratedMaps", "Logs", "Profiles", "Saves" (или просто создайте там). И пользуйтесь игрой с изменяемыми настройками.

Hi,

a friend of mine does have the same problem. His windows-username includes an "ß". The open beta didn't fix his problem.

Best regards and thanks in advance

Thanks for reporting, everyone! We have been looking into this and although people have been finding work-arounds; we now have a potential proper fix. This fix is currently only on the open_beta branch of the game on Steam to make sure it actually fixes the issue. So if you have the time; please check through this post: https://steamcommunity.com/app/718850/discussions/0/1643170269586817134/ how to access open_beta and see if it fixes the issue. Once we confirm it is stable enough and resolves the issue; we can decide to put it live.
Problem solved, thanks!

Nothing works, what can i do to Play this Game?
Accounts are conected!!! I give up

Attachments

• 15671815589575929871128975884232.jpg
    15671815589575929871128975884232.jpg
    4,1 MB · Views: 32
Nothing works, what can i do to Play this Game?
Accounts are conected!!! I give up
Hey Brumini, can you launch the game in debug mode (at the bottom of the Paradox Launcher). This allows the game to generate a log, which should provide us with more information on why your settings aren't saving. The log can be send to logs@triumphstudios.com, once we've received it we'll be able to look at your issue more in depth.