AoW: Planetfall - Fake building Colonizers leads to infinite population growth in one turn

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sargaz

Recruit
Dec 11, 2020
One line summary of your issue
Fake building Colonizers leads to infinite population growth in one turn

What platform are you running the game on?
Steam

What operating system do you use?
Windows 10 Version 20H2

Which version of the game are you running?

What expansions do you have installed?
(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
If one builds a Colonizer and then aborts the built, this will leave the city with more food than it had before. In the attached screenshot "turn 1 start" you can see the current state of my city and how much food is required for the next population growth. I then started to build a Colonizer unit, aborted it immediately and repeated this multiple times unti I reached the state in screenshot "turn 1 end". As you can see, the available food increased everytime I did this. In fact, the amount of food gained increased with each iteration. However, the actual population of the city did not (yet) increase.

I then ended the turn and received the city state shown in "turn 2" where the population increased by 12 in just one turn. Note that screenshots of turn 1 and 2 are from two consecutive turns!

There seems to be a little bit more to this problem. I tested the same on a different map with Dvar. When the city was small, building and aborting a Colonizer unit actually decreased the amount of available food, i.e. population growth was set back. Then somewhere around 12-14 population this changed and doing the same increased available food. I assume there is a point where it switches depending on population, sector exploitation and/or food production.

Additional notes:
- This also works with building and aborting a Herald of Oblivion instead of a Colonizer.
- I recently reportet another problem with building and aborting units that consume population that allows for infinite Kir'Ko Emergents.
- I tested this on the Kir'Ko home planet campaign map, but I don't think this is map-related.

Have you tried verifying your files?
No

Steps to reproduce the issue
Prerequisites:
- Have a city with positive food income.
- Have enough Cosmite to build a Colonizer, but not enought production to istantly finish it.

Steps:
1. Attempt to build a Colonizer, it will be queued.
2. Abort building the Colonozer.
3. Repeat the first two steps as often as desired.
4. End the current turn and enjoy multiple population increases of your city (to the maximum if step 1 and 2 were repeated often enough).

Attach DxDiag (PC) or System Info log (Mac)
File(s) attached

Attach screenshot / video
File(s) attached

Attachments

• turn 1 end.jpg
    turn 1 end.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • turn 1 start.jpg
    turn 1 start.jpg
  • turn 2.jpg
    turn 2.jpg
  • Growth Bug 1.ACG
    421,5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey Sargaz, thanks for reaching out. We're going to need you to supply us with some saves where this occurs cause we have no method of reproducing this ourselves.
I don't have any save files from the game the screenshots are from, but I attached a save file (to the original post) from another game with Dvar. You can for instance reproduce the effect using the main city Orsnik.

I don't have any save files from the game the screenshots are from, but I attached a save file (to the original post) from another game with Dvar.
I'm not sure to which post you added the save, but neither of your two bug reports have a save attached. If you have trouble uploading/attaching it here you can also send your save to logs@triumphstudios.com