• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

steven.pocula

Recruit
21 Badges
Dec 30, 2021
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
One line summary of your issue
Database Error on Install and First Play

What platform are you running the game on?
Steam

What operating system do you use?
WIn 10 PC

Which version of the game are you running?
Deluxe Edition

What expansions do you have installed?
Revelations, Invasions, Star King

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Attached screenshot showing error message. I can play the game but I am unable to save, I get error messages that it is unable to.I have checked my Paradox Folder in my User Folder and it is there but there are no files in the folder, I assume the files I need are missing.

Have you tried verifying your files?
Yes

Steps to reproduce the issue
Loading the game, it comes up every time I've tried. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times also including clearing my registry and rebooting, the fault is still there.

Attach DxDiag (PC) or System Info log (Mac)
File(s) attached

Attach screenshot / video
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Planetfall Launcher Screenshot.png
    Planetfall Launcher Screenshot.png
    84,9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2 AOW Planetfall.png
    Screenshot 2 AOW Planetfall.png
    59,5 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag 30-12-21.txt
    74,7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
We now have reports of this with Avast antivirus only, except just 1 report on AVG. Putting C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2021.10.1/paradox launcher.exe in all its exceptions lists, then deleting that sqlite folder one more time, seems to be fixing it reliably.

I also have one report that opting into the beta of the next launcher version 2022.1 helped.

All the best!

We now have reports of this with Avast antivirus only, except just 1 report on AVG. Putting C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2021.10.1/paradox launcher.exe in all its exceptions lists, then deleting that sqlite folder one more time, seems to be fixing it reliably.

I also have one report that opting into the beta of the next launcher version 2022.1 helped.

All the best!
AndrewT thank you for that. I don't use those anti-virus programmes, I use Malwarebytes which I have disabled to try to fix the issue.

I am using the beta launcher 2022.1-rc. and I now have the sqlite file and a populated Planetfall folder in my User/Documents/Paradox folder. The issue I now face is an incorrect database path message (Screenshot attached) which I am unsure on how to resolve, your guidance would be very helpful.

Attachments

• Planetfall Database.png
    Planetfall Database.png
    79,7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
In this folder are some .log files:
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
Please attach them here.

In this folder are some .log files:
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
Please attach them here.

Files attached.

I have checked the permissions on the AOW folder and it is set to the highest access available and I have disabled my antivirus but no change.

Attachments

• cpatch.log
    395,2 KB · Views: 0
  • launcher-bootstrapper.log
    60,1 KB · Views: 0
  • launcher-dowser.log
    343 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:
I see no problems in those files at all. Yet those errors you mentioned initially should show some issue in there.

Exit the Steam app then run steam.exe as the Windows Admin user, do you still get those messages in your OP here?

If so then please install and run the free utility Speccy. Send its output to a text file and attach that. here, thanks.

I see no problems in those files at all. Yet those errors you mentioned initially should show some issue in there.

Exit the Steam app then run steam.exe as the Windows Admin user, do you still get those messages in your OP here?

If so then please install and run the free utility Speccy. Send its output to a text file and attach that. here, thanks.

I still suffer the same issue running steam in admin mode. I have attached the text output as you requested. Thanks

Attachments

• SP Speccy Output.txt
    350,7 KB · Views: 0
That log only shows you running Windows Defender and Ccleaner, in terms of AV apps. yet if you are still getting that database error, that has only ever been seen to be caused by Avast or AVG - have you ever had either of those installed?

In the game launcher's Launcher Settings menu, try opting into the beta that. That should update the launcher to 2022.1 . Then delete that Sqlite file one more time.

Does that stop the database error problem?