• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

David Vidal

Recruit
8 Badges
Dec 15, 2020
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
One line summary of your issue
Crash OSX Planetfall inn Big Sur M1

What platform are you running the game on?
Steam

What operating system do you use?
Mac OSX Big Sur M1

Which version of the game are you running?

What expansions do you have installed?
(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Its impossible running the game.

Have you tried verifying your files?
Yes

Steps to reproduce the issue
Execute Tutorial

Attach DxDiag (PC) or System Info log (Mac)

Attach screenshot / video

Upvote 0
Hey David, thanks for the report. Can you try running the game with the Low Graphics Preset and see if that still causes the crash. If so, please also add your crash report here for us too look at.

I don't see an attachment and we didn't receive an email at logs@triumphstudios.com so I'm going to assume you pressed the 'Send to Apple' button, which as the name implies doesn't actually end up with us. You can copy&paste the information from the crash report in a separate text file and then attach it here for us to look into it.

Hey David, thanks for the crash log. This crash is specific to the new M1 chips which we currently don't support. If you bought the game recently I'd advise you to request a refund from your reseller otherwise you'll want to continue playing on your previous system.

I've been playing Planetfall on my M1 Mac Mini. You just need to go to the Advanced Graphics settings and select Low or Medium graphics settings. Sometimes when I log back into the game it has not saved my settings so I have to reset them again, but that is the only glitch I've seen. Game runs great otherwise.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've been playing Planetfall on my M1 Mac Mini. You just need to go to the Advanced Graphics settings and select Low or Medium graphics settings. Sometimes when I log back into the game it has not saved my settings so I have to reset them again, but that is the only glitch I've seen. Game runs great otherwise.
Actually this holds true in my MBA M1, but for some reason, game goes up to the top with the graphics in Ultra, when you see the in-game options

I have nothing official on this topic but as development has ended and I assume there will be no more patches, it seems very unlikely, I am sorry!