• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ADukes

Major
Apr 16, 2007
www.madminutegames.com
Can it be that I need an account on RapidShare to download the file? (First link)

Please check your implementation of validating weather setup. The ardennes battlescenario sets up bad weather via the .eug file (province + ID + weather + weather type) but the validator reports this as error, it also reports i as error if those province entries are moved to the .inc file (I asume it should work there as well).
As far as I understand the stuff in the validator setup files it assumes those weather entries as a subsection of map but that does't ork within a map = environment as AoD crashes with an error then. As the weather setup actually works there must be a minor error in the validation file setup.

Another bugreport: The provinces in ai file section admiral/core are not weighted (and don't need to). Please amend the ai.pdox accordingly.

EDIT:
AI\Admiral values min_core_attack_fleets and num_attack_fleets are missing in the validator, base is no a weighted land province list.
Some AI entries are reported because they use -1 to override other settings (example: invasion\target), others like garrison\area_multiplier are reported as error because an Integer is expected but values like 1.5 are valid, too (I assume double would be correct here?).

Last edited:
Very good! Just a small thing but the validator thinks that the "-1" in the ai files (used to make it ignore a province or borders etc) is an error and that it needs to be a positive integer.

Thanks for the update. Small bugreports:
The ispuppet command shall also work with yes or no as value - I remember to have it once verifed with a special event but I'll have to re-test this to be sure.
I also get error reports in province.txt as the validator does not know the values nationalculture, socialpolicy and nationalidentity.
Validator reports the editor.csv as having just 11 colums but expecting 12 ?!?

EDIT: paternal_autocrat is a valid intrinsic_gov_type

Last edited:
Last edited:
The -1 in the ai files is still a problem in settings like province_priorities. Looking at the config files "WeightedTagList" is set to use values "NonNegativeInt -1" but still producing errors. Maybe use "-1 NonNegativeInt" instead ?

EDIT: I'm using -1 0 PositiveInt for those settings, this permits either -1, 0 or any positive integer value.

And another one: Defining a max infrastructure slider (prov repair) setting per ai file is possible, just like upgrading or reinforce. It's just missing in the validator files.

I'll do some testing with the ispuppet event command tomorrow, in Core we have some nice puppets to test with. If the yes/no condition is working then event 1 should pop up for a puppet (ispuppet = yes) and event two not (ispuppet = no).

Last edited:
"ispuppet = no" does not work for non-puppets, both "ispuppet = yes" and "ispuppet = no" fire for puppets though.
I tested this with a Core development-version with USA/FRA/JAP (non-puppet) and India (puppet).

EDIT: I get a shedload of error messages while trying to verify scenario files - first line states "government not found" It worked with the previous version. Please fix, workaround: Reinstall "Type.Enum Government" in Core.pdox (but with "paternal_autocrat" as valid gvt type)

Last edited: