• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pang Bingxun

Field Marshal
2 Badges
Nov 22, 2011
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • 500k Club
I am trying to run AoD on a Ryzen 5 2400 G. I am using the integrated grafic unit Vega11 and therefore Windows 10. AoD version is the current 1.11 set 16. Both the version from the german hardcopy and the version from Steam donnot run. Or more precisely they do run, but remain unseen in the background.

AoD_background.png

Hello Pang, I had initially the same problem. The game would not start at all but the process was idling when looking in the task-manager. I did dozens of things but none was helping, Then I saw a hint towards the Nahimic-sound manager I have installed which comes with MSI-mainboards. So I just needed to close this Nahimic sound manager and no more problems to start the game at all. So before doing complicated stuff I would recommend to turn off all processes from autostart or other programs like in my case the sound manager of Nahimic to see if one them is maybe interfering.

Turning of Nahimic solved it. Thanks.

How good does AOD run on your ryzen 5 Pang? I will be upgrading to ryzen next year (third gen) - so i am interested if it runs good or not...

How good does AOD run on your ryzen 5 Pang? I will be upgrading to ryzen next year (third gen) - so i am interested if it runs good or not...

Very good. If set to extreme speed the ingame days per minute of real time are almost 4 times higher than before at a Phenom II X940. The Ryzen 5 2400 G is a good choice for older application that have not been optimized for CPUs with more than one core.

AoD depends on having enough Cache and faster Cache helps a lot.

I estimate that the proper Ryzens with more than 4 cores will have no meaningful advantage compared to the mere Ryzen 5 2400 G. If a later generation supports meaningful higher clockrate this might help, but chances are that this will hardly make a meaningful difference because it is fast enough already.

Very good. If set to extreme speed the ingame days per minute of real time are almost 4 times higher than before at a Phenom II X940. The Ryzen 5 2400 G is a good choice for older application that have not been optimized for CPUs with more than one core.

AoD depends on having enough Cache and faster Cache helps a lot.

I estimate that the proper Ryzens with more than 4 cores will have no meaningful advantage compared to the mere Ryzen 5 2400 G. If a later generation supports meaningful higher clockrate this might help, but chances are that this will hardly make a meaningful difference because it is fast enough already.

I am coming from an i7 4770k (so it is still fast enough (much faster then your old phenom)) but the system is getting old now ;) and next year i suppose that amd will be even better then it allready is (they go to 7nm)

I have a intelcore i5-6600cpu seems fine so fare.